Stewards being made redundant (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

People are being told they've been made redundant, looks like SISU will be obviously using Northampton's stewards. :blue:

stgeorge1966

People are being told they've been made redundant, looks like SISU will be obviously using Northampton's stewards. :blue:

What do you expect!! The stewards were asked would they go to another ground.. they voted no... Let ACL pay them for doing nothing in an empty stadium because that's what they have been doing fir the last few years

Chipfat

Yeah be happy a city asset and jobs are being lost because TF will not come to the table and talk..Lets give work and investment to NTCC and its football club while watching our own die...

All parties have some portion of blame but only one party at the minute is requesting talks let hope the FL stop the move and force all parties around the table...

Gray

Hardly a job though is it. Most people probably only did it to watch cov for free

torchomatic

Ha! Yes, I thought this too! Would it have been ACL who sacked them or CCFC?

From Sisu goons in orange to glorious, hard done-by workers in one easy move.

Chipfat

To lose any job no matter how important, why you are doing it or how much you are getting paid is difficult and not the point, or something anyone on here should belittle..Each and everyone that loses a job will have different any individual story, this will not be the first loses or the last so while you gloat your city , club and people are losing while another city will gain from following this situation.

I find it weird how anyone doesn't see the damage and hurt Sisu now are causing,, plus they will not be building, buying or coming back anytime soon, but sounds like some are happy with that....

elephanttears

It couldn't happen to a nicer set of people. The smiles on their faces as you entered the ground, the wonderful helpful nature of them wil be missed. If Carlsberg made stewards it would be the total opposite to CCFC ones.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Hardly a job though is it. Most people probably only did it to watch cov for free

When I was a steward (back in the Highfield Rd days) when stewards were respected, I only ever evicted people from the ground who deserved it.
Some examples:
If they had ginger hair
If they looked at me in a funny way
If they wore braces
If their eyes were close together
If they had a beard and driving gloves on
Walking into the ground too quickly
Walking into the ground too slowly
Not looking neat and tidy
Having their hair parted in the middle
Singing too loudly
Not showing enough support by singing too quietly
Cheering too loudly
Apart from the above list, I was a pretty fair steward! (although some fans thought that I must have worked in a pub because I was called a bar steward a few times)

Samo

When I was a steward (back in the Highfield Rd days) when stewards were respected, I only ever evicted people from the ground who deserved it.
Some examples:
If they had ginger hair
If they wore braces
Singing too loudly
Cheering too loudly
Apart from the above list, I was a pretty fair steward! (although some fans thought that I must have worked in a pub because I was called a bar steward a few times)

Possession of a loud shirt after the hour of darkness?

Houchens Head

No, that was okay, Samo! It helped them find their way home!:D

Houchens Head

Some examples:
If they had ginger hair
If they wore braces
Singing too loudly
Cheering too loudly

And blokes wearing trilby's! (apart from the period of two-tone music! I allowed it then!)

Houchens Head

Is that the same as the twats who now walk around with their trousers near enough round the ankles

I think they call that "fashion", although for the life of me I can't think why! Just plain daft!

RoboCCFC90

Usually I would say "That's crap" but after what happened against Leyton Orient at the RA on the last game of the season I feel some of the stewards may deserve it frankly.

beduth

A few of the stewards work for the Blaze at the Skydome on Sunday evenings , so with City playing quite a few Sunday games , the stewards would have had to have chosen which one to go with either, Mickey Mouse FC or Coventry Blaze , no brainer really BLAZE every time .

Users who are viewing this thread