Still the fairer sex (1 Viewer)

Otis

Anyone watch the women's cricket today?

England v Sri Lanka. One day international.

Now I know the women's game isn't at the same standard as the men's, but dear me, they was some dreadful fielding today. Absolutely awful.

Had it been a men's match the commentators would been berating the terrible fielding, but as it was the women playing not a single word of chastisement was to be heard.

Singles that went for 4's, players diving over the ball, letting the ball go under their body's, easy catches missed and balls that clearly should have been stopped allowed to easily beat the fielder.

Not a single comment of 'ohh, that was poor fielding' or 'oh dear me' or 'that was dreadful.' Not a word. Piece of awful fielding and it was just totally ignored.

Yep, the cricket might be at a different level, but are you trying to tell me that women can't catch or pick the ball up?

The batting though it has to be said was pretty good.

Cooksta94

Anyone watch the women's cricket today?<br />
<br />
England v Sri Lanka. One day international.<br />
<br />
Now I know the women's game isn't at the same standard as the men's, but dear me, they was some dreadful fielding today. Absolutely awful.<br />
<br />
Had it been a men's match the commentators would been berating the terrible fielding, but as it was the women playing not a single word of chastisement was to be heard.<br />
<br />
Singles that went for 4's, players diving over the ball, letting the ball go under their body's, easy catches missed and balls that clearly should have been stopped allowed to easily beat the fielder.<br />
<br />
Not a single comment of 'ohh, that was poor fielding' or 'oh dear me' or 'that was dreadful.' Not a word. Piece of awful fielding and it was just totally ignored.<br />
<br />
Yep, the cricket might be at a different level, but are you trying to tell me that women can't catch or pick the ball up?<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Shocking to watch isn't it!! The "pace" bowlers bowl about 75mph at max! I face that for my Saturday team. You'd have thought the fielding though, that should be top quality, but it's sometimes pathetically bad

Otis

As I say, got no problem with women playing cricket at all. But not being able to catch or stop a ball? What's that all about? Women can be just as athletic as men can't they?

These cricketers seem to have little or no turning ability, no pace, no catching skills and are most reluctant to dive and get their pinny's wet and muddy.

eyeseye_us

Anyone watch the women's cricket today?

England v Sri Lanka. One day international.

Now I know the women's game isn't at the same standard as the men's, but dear me, they was some dreadful fielding today. Absolutely awful.

Had it been a men's match the commentators would been berating the terrible fielding, but as it was the women playing not a single word of chastisement was to be heard.

Singles that went for 4's, players diving over the ball, letting the ball go under their body's, easy catches missed and balls that clearly should have been stopped allowed to easily beat the fielder.

Not a single comment of 'ohh, that was poor fielding' or 'oh dear me' or 'that was dreadful.' Not a word. Piece of awful fielding and it was just totally ignored.

Yep, the cricket might be at a different level, but are you trying to tell me that women can't catch or pick the ball up?

anybody else got a JOB which renders us UNABLE to sit and watch cricket on a friday ?

Users who are viewing this thread