Stoke Forum (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Stoke City FC | Oatcake Fanzine

Just incase you ever thought we had it bad, check the Stoke fans' reaction to a poor few months.

One thread says '4000 changing Hughes out in an empty stadium with sound like 20k'.

You've got to laugh.

Liquid Gold

Lets just hope he holds on to his job till Saturday. He's obviously lost the dressing room and the players could guarantee him the sack by losing to a league 2 team.

Obviously league is priority this season but we're through the festive period now so games start to slow a little. Beating Stoke would be a huge boost to morale and the potential of a big cheque in the next round that MR can use to boost the squad.

stevefloyd

If we win against Stoke the players heads will get turned seen it before in plenty of teams...I would take a honourable 1-0 or 2-1 loss ...league is the most important

mrtrench

I don’t care if we win or not . I want out of this league as a priority , I don’t won’t the players injured , distracted or down beat

There is the argument that if we win and then draw a big Prem' side away, Robins has the money during January and could bring more people in, or spend more on those he brings in.

fatso

Stoke may be having a difficult season, but they are a different class to us.
They will win comfortably at the Ricoh, and we can then concentrate on the league. I’d take the opportunity to rest some of our key players.

pusbccfc

Stoke may be having a difficult season, but they are a different class to us.
They will win comfortably at the Ricoh, and we can then concentrate on the league. I’d take the opportunity to rest some of our key players.

The worry for me is us getting completely outclassed and losing 5/6-0. Had it been Man City or Chelsea doing that, none of our fans would bat an eyelid, but I could see people moaning because it's Stoke.

Nick

Administrator
The worry for me is us getting completely outclassed and losing 5/6-0. Had it been Man City or Chelsea doing that, none of our fans would bat an eyelid, but I could see people moaning because it's Stoke.

They probably won't realise until about 6PM when they get worked up anyway.

Covstu

I would like a decent performance but don't feel its a priority for us, there are about 8 teams in and around us that are after that no3 spot alone which makes in even more vital that we get there rather than roll the dice in the playoffs.

I can see this as a game that Hughes wont want to lose so wont risk playing a completely understrength team. I would say a 0-3 loss if I had to put money on it.

Esoterica

Lets just hope he holds on to his job till Saturday. He's obviously lost the dressing room and the players could guarantee him the sack by losing to a league 2 team.

Obviously league is priority this season but we're through the festive period now so games start to slow a little. Beating Stoke would be a huge boost to morale and the potential of a big cheque in the next round that MR can use to boost the squad.
Will be interesting to see what kind of team he puts out if he is still in a job, especially after resting players against Chelsea. Will give a lot away about how much pressure he is really under. I'm sure under 'normal' circumstances a few fringe players would get a run but is he thinking short term about his job or about his long term team plans?

ready_96

intially i thought he'd be playing a 3rd team against us, but now i can see him using us to get goals back into the team and playing a decent side.

id play either willis or rod with davies. start ponti and mcnulty up front. sit deep and play counter attacking football through balls in behind their back 4, see what happens and it not the end of the world if we loose 1 or 2 nill. just no 4 or 5 nill stuffings

ready_96

Not sure it's the right game for Ponticelli.

its a good chance for him to get some first team minutes at home in front of a decent crowd vs prem opposition, the lad will be buzzing too, him and mcnulty up front would be dangerous on the break

Nick

Administrator
its a good chance for him to get some first team minutes at home in front of a decent crowd vs prem opposition, the lad will be buzzing too, him and mcnulty up front would be dangerous on the break

Don't get me wrong I hope you are right, but it does depend if they put out their first team or their kids. They will be defenders used to Aguero / Sterling etc trying to hit them on the break on carpet pitches.

ready_96

Don't get me wrong I hope you are right, but it does depend if they put out their first team or their kids. They will be defenders used to Aguero / Sterling etc trying to hit them on the break on carpet pitches.

fair point, more than likely theyll still have the ability and mind set to take control of the game and we might be defending for the majority. our best chance might be on the counter

AVWskyblue

fair point, more than likely theyll still have the ability and mind set to take control of the game and we might be defending for the majority. our best chance might be on the counter
He won't want to risk his top players on the Ricoh pitch for sure

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

LOve it when fans of clubs have little digs at our attendances .
FYI stoke city pretty much averaged less than Coventry throughout most of their history up until 2008.

Wonder what changed
Same as Leicester.

cov4theprem

Says on their website now that they have sold around 3000 tickets. Regardless of the negativity amongst some Cov ‘fans’ i’m Really looking forward to it.

pusbccfc

Their forum has become even worse.

I don't think there was this much negativity and aggression on here when we were taken to Northampton!

Users who are viewing this thread