Stuart Linnell.... (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

SBTaylor says.....To your point about young players: 'if you're good enough, you're old enough', Wilson and Philliskirk haven't been destroyed by playing as a lone striker, in fact, how would playing with another inexperienced striker help? Also, I'm not one for accommodating 1 at best, mediocre, at worst shit, player and actually the team plays better at 4-5-1, we have no worthy striker as Leon and Elliott are out,

I agree if you're good enough, you're old enough...Why was Wilson brought off against Brentford and Bell on after 64 mins then?
Why was Philliskirk brought off against Orient and McDonald on after 70 mins?
SP left both of these youngsters on their own for 64, and 70 mins respectively. what purpose did that serve?...Nothing.
Except that we saw them get "Imho" hustled off the ball on many ocassions by experienced defenders. If you think differently, then in your own words...You're a Shmuck!
SP is about as "Tactically Aware" as Thorn was...
Finally Read all that I've written son...I said Diamond is a very good formation, when you have the players competent enough to play it. Atm we don't, and haven't since Leon Clarke had to have his operation.
As an afterthought, why did SP play 4-4-2 after taking the kids off in those two games? Could it have been he "Royally Fooked up" playing them on their own and tried to make up for it by trying to get a draw out of those games?

You're still ignoring the questions I pose: do you think playing 2 inexperienced players or not. Simple yes or no answer so cut the BS. I do t understand what point you're making by stating when they

I totally reject the notion that SP is as tactically aware as Thorn, SP has shown he's willing to mix it up, Thorn persisted with the diamond and was tactically rigid as well as inept, I think we've played good football under Pressley but without Clarke, we knew we were fucked (if you didn't, then at best, you're delusional), with or without Pressley, Robins would've struggled, in fact, he was declining with Leon in the team (largely playing 4-4-2 by this time) before he left.

I didn't say anything about the diamond, so I am perplexed to why you've ranted about that, you come across as senile.

He possibly thought fuck it, bring on an extra striker and see what happens, nothing of note happened. Which brings me on to my next point nicely, you bemoan 4-5-1, yet when we've played 4-4-2 under SP it's been just as bad, if not worse, bar Colchester and even then Cody did fuck all and Wilson played v well. There was no link up play between the 2, just 2 individuals playing upfront.

I'm sorry, but even if we had the same results playing 4-4-2, I would concede that it's hard to judge without Clarke, as we all know, I dislike 4-4-2 (with good reason), we simply don't have a backup that is at least half as good as Clarke, Philliskirk, Ball and Wilson have only managed 1 goal in the league between them, how was that ever, ever going to fill the vacuum.

4-4-2 wouldn't have made a difference, Clarke is the difference in our form, I would say fact, but it's an opinion backed by facts (something you don't really understand).

Mucca Mad Boys

PS....what makes your copy and paste, better than mine???.....which part of Wembley were you in??? Oh sorry, the only thing you were in was your grandad's ball bag!!!:wave:

I didn't say it was, but if you're going to discredit me for the copy and paste, we may as well discredit 90% of your posts, anyway, I only questioned why you felt the need to post another definition for 'schmuck', after Cloughie and I had already done so, I've known the definition and been using that word for years.

Sky Blue Kid

Cloughie's definition was totally different to yours. You chose the Americanism. Cloughie quotes the original.
You say......You're still ignoring the questions I pose: do you think playing 2 inexperienced players or not. Simple yes or no answer so cut the BS.

I say....You are the one who hasn't answered my point...I didn't pick the team SP did. I would never have played 2 inexperienced players up front together.
I would however have played either McDonald alongside Wilson, or Philliskirk. Maybe even McSheff with one of the youngsters.
So you cut the BS. This I would have done at the expense of Jennings or Bailey, who in my eyes have done diddly squat over the last 4-5 games. Too many players being played in midfield. Am I also to be impressed by you playing prop at rugby? Come back when you get paid for doing it...I might be vaguely impressed then.

Mucca Mad Boys

Cloughie's definition was totally different to yours. You chose the Americanism. Cloughie quotes the original.
You say......You're still ignoring the questions I pose: do you think playing 2 inexperienced players or not. Simple yes or no answer so cut the BS.

I say....You are the one who hasn't answered my point...I didn't pick the team SP did. I would never have played 2 inexperienced players up front together.
I would however have played either McDonald alongside Wilson, or Philliskirk. Maybe even McSheff with one of the youngsters.
So you cut the BS. This I would have done at the expense of Jennings or Bailey, who in my eyes have done diddly squat over the last 4-5 games. Too many players being played in midfield. Am I also to be impressed by you playing prop at rugby? Come back when you get paid for doing it...I might be vaguely impressed then.

Another clear and concise answer from SBK.

Cloughie's definition is an outdate definition, and obvious it weren't what I was calling anyone, and the word schmuck is used to call someone a fool rather than a penis, even Jews use it for hat purpose.

Answered your point? You've just been rambling about 1 upfront! I've asked what the alternative and I got more rambling and asking if playing an inexperienced player (who is 20, so should be pushing to start) upfront was beneficial? To which I answered, if they're good enough, there old enough, in simpleton terms, it's a moot point, if he's good enough age is irrelevant, also, he would've learned from the experience. To propose Cody and Wilson or Philliskirk would've changed our fortunes is laughable really, based on no evidence, you also miss out that Wilson has started 2 games, Philliskirk 1, Ball 2, Cody 3 games, between them, only managing 2 goals. Are you insinuating that with a combination of Ball/Wilson/Philliskirk/Cody would've changed anything? Based on what exactly?

We've been creating the chances, but do not have a striker who has the clinical finishing ability Leon has - that's what we've missed, and that is an elephant in the room at the minute.

SP said he'd experiment, he's done exactly that with the midfield and strikers.

Why would anyone be impressed that someone is a prop in rugby? I was describing that I was put in the 'deep end', only being legally able to play adults rugby in the 'row since 18, and prop is the equivalent of GK in football, the older ones have the know how that is indispensable. If I were you, I'd get off the that high horse, the level you played football at was poor (Scottish lower divisions, effectively non-league semi-pros) and about the same level as Broadstreet RFC and I have at least 20 years of rugby left in me so who knows what the future holds.

Sky Blue Kid

Take your head out of your arse son, pin back your "lug holes" and listen.....To play an inexperienced kid on his own is suicidal, as was proved....Both Wilson and Philliskirk being taken off after 64 mins, and 70 mins, after both players getting smothered out of the game by clever defenders. Then what did SP do???
Sends on EXPERIENCED pro joint strikers...I asked why? for the last time you Shmuck, CCFC do NOT have players that are fit enough to play on their own up front...Has that sunk in to your fucking thick skull? as for your stupid reply about"Insinuating" playing 2 front runners....the senior pros would have talked the kids through the game better than leaving them to their own devices. You actually answer your own question when saying we're not scoring goals.
You say.....We've been creating the chances, but do not have a striker who has the clinical finishing ability Leon has - that's what we've missed, and that is an elephant in the room at the minute.
Doh!!! isn't that what I've been saying!!! You really are a bigheaded prat.
Football in Scotland btw, isn't, or wasn't when I played as shit as you are trying to make out it was/is. I made a good living out of football, both on and off the field. I played against some top teams in Div1/Prem in cup matches. I've never said or intoned that I was a Ronaldo, or Messi, but I'll tell you what...I played with and against some top pros in their time, and played in front of big crowds...Like I've said before, I've had my time, been there, done that, bought the "T" shirt"....Your time is still in front of you...wether you actually get there is another matter....I did, albeit to a certain standard.

Nick

Administrator
Take your head out of your arse son, pin back your "lug holes" and listen.....To play an inexperienced kid on his own is suicidal, as was proved....Both Wilson and Philliskirk being taken off after 64 mins, and 70 mins, after both players getting smothered out of the game by clever defenders. Then what did SP do???
Sends on EXPERIENCED pro joint strikers...I asked why? for the last time you Shmuck, CCFC do NOT have players that are fit enough to play on their own up front...Has that sunk in to your fucking thick skull? as for your stupid reply about"Insinuating" playing 2 front runners....the senior pros would have talked the kids through the game better than leaving them to their own devices. You actually answer your own question when saying we're not scoring goals.
You say.....We've been creating the chances, but do not have a striker who has the clinical finishing ability Leon has - that's what we've missed, and that is an elephant in the room at the minute.
Football in Scotland btw, isn't, or wasn't when I played as shit as you are trying to make out it was/is. I made a good living out of football, both on and off the field. I played against some top teams in Div1/Prem in cup matches. I've never said or intoned that I was a Ronaldo, or Messi, but I'll tell you what...I played with and against some top pros in their time, and played in front of big crowds...Like I've said before, I've had my time, been there, done that, bought the "T" shirt"....Your time is still in front of you...wether you actually get there is another matter....I did, albeit to a certain standard.

Who did you play for?

Mucca Mad Boys

Take your head out of your arse son, pin back your "lug holes" and listen..... To play an inexperienced kid on his own is suicidal, as was proved....Both Wilson and Philliskirk being taken off after 64 mins, and 70 mins, after both players getting smothered out of the game by clever defenders. Then what did SP do???
Sends on EXPERIENCED pro joint strikers...I asked why? for the last time you Shmuck, CCFC do NOT have players that are fit enough to play on their own up front...Has that sunk in to your fecking thick skull? as for your stupid reply about"Insinuating" playing 2 front runners....the senior pros would have talked the kids through the game better than leaving them to their own devices. You actually answer your own question when saying we're not scoring goals.

Max Clayton is a great of example of this, not! He's 17 and he had a season in L2 when he was 16, he could hack it because he's good enough. There's just no evidence to support your claims, how's getting taken off a bad thing? It's tactical or they just didn't play well, probably because they aren't good enough, which isn't a reflection on Pressley as a manager. Welbeck played upfront on when he was about 20, he's turned out well, so did Hernandez, they've both played on their own as 'young and inexperienced' players, but I guess Ferguson is a stupid twat of a manager! :facepalm:

SP brought Cody on in an attempt to change the game he's hardly experienced, he's not playing because he doesn't suit the system we play, but more importantly, just hasn't showed his worth, and is certainly nowhere near good enough to change the system which has hd success this season to accommodate him.

You say we don't have the strikers to play 4-5-1, but we don't have the strikers to play 4-4-2 either, I'd only consider playing 4-4-2 if we had 2 quality strikers, we don't have that, and actually, when we've played 4-4-2 we haven't played well, we don't have the team, nor the style to play 4-4-2, I think that's the general consensus at the minute.

Quote where you have said all we're missing is Leon Clarke? If you have, you've quite clearly contradicted yourself, as you've said the system SP plays is failing, but if that's all we're missing, that clearly can't be the case. Also, if we don't have a good enough striker to play 1 upfront, how can you post that if we play 2 upfront, it'll be all better? Last time I checked, 2 shit strikers don't make a good partnership.

Oh also, we have lots of quality on the bench in midfield we have: Moussa, Fleck, Barton, Bailey, Jennings, Thomas and Daniels all for CM, all bar Daniels are quality (albeit what has happened to Bailey and Jennings this year), how can you justify playing 4-4-2 when we're short on strikers, to play a formation with less CMs, when we've got good quality CMs? 4-5-1 is he logical formation for us, and the ONLY formation to have worked for us this season, now, I'm not saying we should never, ever play 4-4-2 under no circumstances, but 4-5-1 is the most suitable formation, and I for one am glad, in fact, relieved that SP has come out and said he won't compromise on the philosophy here, that's what Martinez started at Swansea, when he left, they carried on with his model and look at them now, that's the model CCFC should take, we ought to build a footballing culture at CCFC, and I think SP will do it, he needs time and resources.

I'm one of Elliott's biggest critiques, but, I'd have him 10/10 over any of Cody, Ball, Wilson or Philliskirk.

cloughie

Another clear and concise answer from SBK.

Cloughie's definition is an outdate definition, and obvious it weren't what I was calling anyone, and the word schmuck is used to call someone a fool rather than a penis, even Jews use it for hat purpose.

Answered your point? You've just been rambling about 1 upfront! I've asked what the alternative and I got more rambling and asking if playing an inexperienced player (who is 20, so should be pushing to start) upfront was beneficial? To which I answered, if they're good enough, there old enough, in simpleton terms, it's a moot point, if he's good enough age is irrelevant, also, he would've learned from the experience. To propose Cody and Wilson or Philliskirk would've changed our fortunes is laughable really, based on no evidence, you also miss out that Wilson has started 2 games, Philliskirk 1, Ball 2, Cody 3 games, between them, only managing 2 goals. Are you insinuating that with a combination of Ball/Wilson/Philliskirk/Cody would've changed anything? Based on what exactly?

We've been creating the chances, but do not have a striker who has the clinical finishing ability Leon has - that's what we've missed, and that is an elephant in the room at the minute.

SP said he'd experiment, he's done exactly that with the midfield and strikers.

Why would anyone be impressed that someone is a prop in rugby? I was describing that I was put in the 'deep end', only being legally able to play adults rugby in the 'row since 18, and prop is the equivalent of GK in football, the older ones have the know how that is indispensable. If I were you, I'd get off the that high horse, the level you played football at was poor (Scottish lower divisions, effectively non-league semi-pros) and about the same level as Broadstreet RFC and I have at least 20 years of rugby left in me so who knows what the future holds.

Hate to interupt you 2 but you said earlier you knew it meant penus

Sky Blue Kid

Max Clayton is a great of example of this, not! He's 17 and he had a season in L2 when he was 16, he could hack it because he's good enough. There's just no evidence to support your claims, how's getting taken off a bad thing? It's tactical or they just didn't play well, probably because they aren't good enough, which isn't a reflection on Pressley as a manager. Welbeck played upfront on when he was about 20, he's turned out well, so did Hernandez, they've both played on their own as 'young and inexperienced' players, but I guess Ferguson is a stupid twat of a manager! :facepalm:

SP brought Cody on in an attempt to change the game he's hardly experienced, he's not playing because he doesn't suit the system we play, but more importantly, just hasn't showed his worth, and is certainly nowhere near good enough to change the system which has hd success this season to accommodate him.

You say we don't have the strikers to play 4-5-1, but we don't have the strikers to play 4-4-2 either, I'd only consider playing 4-4-2 if we had 2 quality strikers, we don't have that, and actually, when we've played 4-4-2 we haven't played well, we don't have the team, nor the style to play 4-4-2, I think that's the general consensus at the minute.

Quote where you have said all we're missing is Leon Clarke? If you have, you've quite clearly contradicted yourself, as you've said the system SP plays is failing, but if that's all we're missing, that clearly can't be the case. Also, if we don't have a good enough striker to play 1 upfront, how can you post that if we play 2 upfront, it'll be all better? Last time I checked, 2 shit strikers don't make a good partnership.

Oh also, we have lots of quality on the bench in midfield we have: Moussa, Fleck, Barton, Bailey, Jennings, Thomas and Daniels all for CM, all bar Daniels are quality (albeit what has happened to Bailey and Jennings this year), how can you justify playing 4-4-2 when we're short on strikers, to play a formation with less CMs, when we've got good quality CMs? 4-5-1 is he logical formation for us, and the ONLY formation to have worked for us this season, now, I'm not saying we should never, ever play 4-4-2 under no circumstances, but 4-5-1 is the most suitable formation, and I for one am glad, in fact, relieved that SP has come out and said he won't compromise on the philosophy here, that's what Martinez started at Swansea, when he left, they carried on with his model and look at them now, that's the model CCFC should take, we ought to build a footballing culture at CCFC, and I think SP will do it, he needs time and resources.

I'm one of Elliott's biggest critiques, but, I'd have him 10/10 over any of Cody, Ball, Wilson or Philliskirk.

You really are "One thick Fuck" aren't you!!!
That is your quote, not mine!...Clarke is the only striker on CCFC books, that can play on his own, and even when fit struggles at times, ie- playing against big defenders in the air.
Playing 2 strikers doubles your chances of scoring, I never said we definately would score. You need to grow up son. To answer the last highlighted section of yours....
You seriously have had a bad head trauma in those scrums son, if you think that is "Lots of quality"
A few posters on here have said you need to live a bit more..not saying you haven't got valid points to make, just don't try forcing your opinions on others. Which is what you do.:facepalm:

Mucca Mad Boys

Hate to interupt you 2 but you said earlier you knew it meant penus

I did, so what? I wasn't using it that context because your definition is simply out of date and actually, irrelevant. Schmuck is used in the same context as I said, which is to say some is a fool etc.

End of discussion surely?

Sky Blue Kid

@ Nick...

My main teams were....Coventry Sporting Club.(Icluding the FA cup games at HR and playing against Wolves including Steve Kindon"Second £1m player in England", Dave Wagstaffe, Kenny Hibbit, Phil Parkes...Estimated at £2m of talent playing at Kirby Corner that day.Final score...3-3. and Kindon didn't score!) Ayr utd, Montrose, and a brief spell at Raith Rovers(Retired with knee injury after 6 games.);)

Mucca Mad Boys

You really are "One thick feck" aren't you!!!
That is your quote, not mine!...Clarke is the only striker on CCFC books, that can play on his own, and even when fit struggles at times, ie- playing against big defenders in the air.
Playing 2 strikers doubles your chances of scoring, I never said we definately would score. You need to grow up son. To answer the last highlighted section of yours....
You seriously have had a bad head trauma in those scrums son, if you think that is "Lots of quality"
A few posters on here have said you need to live a bit more..not saying you haven't got valid points to make, just don't try forcing your opinions on others. Which is what you do.:facepalm:

No, you have flawed logic, whatever people's opinions are of me, they can't say I have flawed logic. The latest example is, "playing 2 striker doubles you chances of scoring", evidence? There's none, if it was the case, why do the best teams only play 1 striker? Also, I'll refute that on a CCFC basis, when we played 4-4-2 with Clarke + Elliott, we didn't score double goals than when we played Clarke on his own, Clarke individually, played better, but we didn't score more goals. We've scored more goals playing 4-5-1 and I proved this long ago, look though my posts if you like (remember when you tried to say we haven't played 4-4-2 19 times in the season, and I proved it, you hid away and didn't answer, yeah, I remember).

Fleck, Barton, Moussa, Thomas, Daniels, Bailey, Jennings and Thomas are better quality midfielders than Wilson, Cody, Ball and Philliskirk, so that's 8 CMs, to 4 strikers, and all 4 of the, strikers aren't good enough (or haven't shown they are yet) and you want to play 2 strikers, and 2 CMs, good logic. :whistle:

Have we seen any form playing 4-4-2 this season like we have playing 4-5-1 in November + December? No. Did we score more goals playing 4-5-1? Yes.

For CCFC: 4-5-1 > 4-4-2 hands down.

Every neutral I've been with have said CCFC don't suit 4-5-1, and with all due respect, it's only the old supporters that have a romance with 4-4-2 and have yet to see that it's become an easy formation to read and to play against.

Flying Fokker

I apologise for being against the flow but I like the presenters on CWR. You basically have 3. Geoff who loves ice hockey. Clive who loves cricket and Stuart who I believe is head of sport, and therefore has been lumped with us and footie. I think Stuart always come over as more of a neutral than most presenters around the country. It is only natural that through the demise of our club we have all been looking for scapegoats. The board, the team, the manager, the radio, the TV, Jim the gateman with the bad leg, Beryl the tealady et al.
CWR is broadcast to a fair number of people with a wide age range. We, on here, ontheotherhand are mainly male from 20+. The majority, on here, are half empty kind of people who get more pleasure out of negativity than positivity, so I think our listenership does not hold the majority of listeners. I know many people of all ages who love Stuart and I think he has done a remarkable job over the past number of years coming in for alot of abuse.
There is an old saying that if you don't like what a person is doing, do it yourself. I would bet the majority would crumble. Most of you I would switch off but I would love to hear Otis doing the show.:D

But being honest here, I don't want neutral where any of his stances seem to be the 'right' side of neutral. It would be great to have a partisan journalist, a real fan who may be able to tell it as it is but can at least empathise with the masses.

While I'm on a roll, what was all this 'March to the Arch' crap for? Why 'Elvis'? Enthusiasm chanelled in the wrong place?

Scratching beneath the surface he is probably Coventry City through and through. But come on Mr Linnell, show some mettle and ask a few probing, journalistic questions when you have the chance. The other presenters on the CWR interactive need to man up and stop asking insipid questions.

stupot07

Isn't the max clayton example a little flawed. Crewes academy system and structures to between academy and their first team have been embedded over 25 years, they have been playing the same football principles at all levels. Their players know their jobs inside out so can slip into them. SP has said that this is what we wants to replicate, so players can move between levels much easier.

Wilson for example has come through our academy playing up top with Jeffers in a 442, we're now asking him to play the lone role.

Max clayton is a good young player but he hasn't been asked to play a role he's not familiar with.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not being funny but surely being paid to play football and all they should be able to play in different formations? Fair enough players will always suit a formation (lone striker would be a big fella who could hold it up if playing long ball).

These players have been playing football all day every day for most of their lives so should really be able to adapt slightly, it is the same as not being able to kick with both feet.

Flying Fokker

Sky Blue Kid.....Are you a dead player contacting us through the Ethernet? Brian Alderson? Jim Holton? Just thinking like? :D:D:D

Not meaning to cause offence but you do seem a little frustrated by things at the moment. Not healthy to be on the attack all of the time. Were you a defender? :D

Mucca Mad Boys

Isn't the max clayton example a little flawed. Crewes academy system and structures to between academy and their first team have been embedded over 25 years, they have been playing the same football principles at all levels. Their players know their jobs inside out so can slip into them. SP has said that this is what we wants to replicate, so players can move between levels much easier.

Wilson for example has come through our academy playing up top with Jeffers in a 442, we're now asking him to play the lone role.

Max clayton is a good young player but he hasn't been asked to play a role he's not familiar with.

No, the Max Clayton example was to refute the claim that playing an inexperienced player on his own is suicidal, obviously, it isn't, as I firmly believe, 'if you're good enough, you're old enough', and if Wilson or Philliskirk at 20 can't hack meaningless L1 games, then, I'm sorry, but they just aren't good enough.

Answer this Stupot, would you play 2 strikers (but both being below average quality) thereby sacrificing quality and quantity (which would help in defence as well as attack, when passing), to accommodate this? Especially when Jennings and Bailey haven't been good enough lately (but they are good players) so that should rule them out, and Fleck is a sure starter (rightfully) under SP, so that leaves Fleck and? Moussa, Barton or Thomas? Do them 3 offer the balanced CM for a 4-4-2? Would it benefit the team as a whole? No.

ajsccfc

@ Nick...

My main teams were....Coventry Sporting Club.(Icluding the FA cup games at HR and playing against Wolves including Steve Kindon"Second £1m player in England", Dave Wagstaffe, Kenny Hibbit, Phil Parkes...Estimated at £2m of talent playing at Kirby Corner that day.Final score...3-3. and Kindon didn't score!) Ayr utd, Montrose, and a brief spell at Raith Rovers(Retired with knee injury after 6 games.);)

In case you don't spot it, I've sent you a PM about this

stupot07

No, the Max Clayton example was to refute the claim that playing an inexperienced player on his own is suicidal, obviously, it isn't, as I firmly believe, 'if you're good enough, you're old enough', and if Wilson or Philliskirk at 20 can't hack meaningless L1 games, then, I'm sorry, but they just aren't good enough.

Answer this Stupot, would you play 2 strikers (but both being below average quality) thereby sacrificing quality and quantity (which would help in defence as well as attack, when passing), to accommodate this? Especially when Jennings and Bailey haven't been good enough lately (but they are good players) so that should rule them out, and Fleck is a sure starter (rightfully) under SP, so that leaves Fleck and? Moussa, Barton or Thomas? Do them 3 offer the balanced CM for a 4-4-2? Would it benefit the team as a whole? No.

i wonder how a young Michael Owen would have faired upfront as a lone striker.....:thinking about: nope obviously wouldn't have been good enough. the point about clayton is he would have played that lone striking role right through the academy, reserves and into the first team. the role would be familiar to him and coached into him

for the purpose of todays game i proposed at 451 because a) we're playing away and b) i know SP wont change it anyway.

however, i have advocated the move to 2 strikers at home and before you go off on one, no formation has particular worked well at home this season. I too don't see the quantity and quality we're supposed to have in midfield? and playing 5 in midfield has hardly helped us defensively and keeping cleansheets.

Bailey has been generally poor since he started his second loan spell, and i'm not a fan of jennings, however jennings performances have dipped since Fleck came into the team, Fleck is dropping deeper and deeper with every match, he was literally a 3rd centreback in the second half on sat, this means that jennings is having to play outside his comfort zone and often be the furthest midfielder forward. This isnt his game and never has been.

I would definitely not have fleck in a central 2, so if i was going to play 442 he would be the first out of the team. in fact the reason we started to look vulnerable when we went to 442 for the last 20 on saturday was because we had fleck and moussa in the middle.

i'm sure i will get accused of being anti-fleck.

Sky Blue Kid

@ ajsccfc...

had to take my daughter to town, Now! where were we...This web site sometimes doesn't post my PM's so I'll tell you on here.
I do know Stew Gallagher quite well. He was one of the more senior players along with Tony Dunk, Charlie Sorbie and Howard Jeavons, he also scored for us against Tranmere. Very strong, pitbull type of forward

@ Flying Fokker...
The older I got the more I dropped from up front, into midfield until(Anyone remember this) finally playing "Sweeper":D
And no, I'm none of the ex pros you've named...was quite that good a player;)

Nonleagueherewecome

But being honest here, I don't want neutral where any of his stances seem to be the 'right' side of neutral. It would be great to have a partisan journalist, a real fan who may be able to tell it as it is but can at least empathise with the masses.

While I'm on a roll, what was all this 'March to the Arch' crap for? Why 'Elvis'? Enthusiasm chanelled in the wrong place?

Scratching beneath the surface he is probably Coventry City through and through. But come on Mr Linnell, show some mettle and ask a few probing, journalistic questions when you have the chance. The other presenters on the CWR interactive need to man up and stop asking insipid questions.

I thought Clive was fairly probing with his questions for Waggott yesterday, credit where it's due. Much better than Linnell.

Grendel

All arguments you have fall down with your ludricous stance on fleck.

Fleck in midfield is an oppositions dream. Put Barton in the same midfield and its party time.

Would be interesting to see win ratio with and without fleck in the team.

Sky Blue Kid

Don't know what's happening Grenduffy. I'm agreeing with you 100% on this one. For me SP is "Flooding the midfield" Players are getting in each others way, and there is no fluidity about the football being played....Fleck is a bit like McSheff, he can't tackle, is nowhere near as fast, and looks for the "Beckham 60 yards pass" some come off, and some fail miserably. Over the last 6 games Christie on the right, and whoever is on the left take on the opposition full back, beat him, but haven't got the skill to cross the ball into the box. It either hits row "Z" behind the goal or ends up being an opposition throw in on the other side of the pitch. Anybody with me on this one?
Most teams hit us on the counter with a lob over our midfielders to their own wings and front runners, this takes out six(6) of our players with one ball, and we're wondering why we keep conceeding goals! It's all very well playing pretty football across the back four, but what happens when we put our own defenders under pressure for no reason...wait a minute!!! thats exactly what Stewart did to Martin...consequence CCFC go down 4-0 to Walsall.
The only time we've played decent football out of defence was the year Keogh won player of the year. He would collect from the keeper, hit a 20 yard pass down the wing to our midfield and keep going for the return, and finally, put in a perfect cross for the forwards to run on to.

psgm1

Banned
Isn't it uncanny, Linnell is NEVER wrong - merely misquoted or misunderstood. If the majority of callers, texters agree with him, then it is proof of hm being right, if they disagree, then he doesn't believe it and insists its a vocal minority!

How can he not realise it is irrelevant how many managers this season, each manager should be assessed on their individual merits! I suspect that was why they kept Andy Thorn for so long because sanctamonious pundits like linnell (did you hear the sarcasm about that guy saying the administrator has a financial reason to drag things out) trying to say managers need a MINIMUM of 3 years. Had this guy had his way Andy Thorn would still be manager and no doubt city would be in league 2 already.

Seems utterly detached from reality imho

Mucca Mad Boys

All arguments you have fall down with your ludricous stance on fleck.

Fleck in midfield is an oppositions dream. Put Barton in the same midfield and its party time.

Would be interesting to see win ratio with and without fleck in the team.

I said Fleck starts under Pressley, in fact, he's played well lately, been a hell a lot better than Bailey, Moussa (really disappointed with him lately) and Jennings easily. My point is that in a 4-4-2, Fleck will start under Pressley, so who do you play with him, and I pretty much said that playing Barton, Moussa or even Thomas with him would be a bad idea, hence why I said playing 4-5-1 is logical for CCFC. Totally missed the point.

Fleck put in about 4-6 tackles in the first half v Orient alone, more than anyone else in midfield (probably the team as well) so that blows away the myth he's crap on the ball, on the ball, he's arguably our best player, he has a wide range of passing with his '60 yard Beckham' passes that have a high success rate. Our set piece deliveries have been slightly more dangerous with him taking them, albeit there's still no one clinical attacking them.

Win ratios can be tenuous, I could play one game and win, thus having a 100% record, but quite obviously, I'm nowhere as good as any CCFC player, even Bell and Dunn. Next season he'll be key, oh, I also find it interesting that you've backed down about on Fleck in the recent weeks, realisation that he isn't that bad? He's played well in the games I've seen him play under SP.

psgm1

Banned
Unbelievable

For YEARS this guy has said it is crazy for anyone to be given a contract for less than 3 years.

ALL OF A SUDDEN - he would NEVER give anyone a 3 1/2 year contract! UTTER JOKE

Mucca Mad Boys

Unbelievable

For YEARS this guy has said it is crazy for anyone to be given a contract for less than 3 years.

ALL OF A SUDDEN - he would NEVER give anyone a 3 1/2 year contract! UTTER JOKE

Linnell called you out and you hid away, bore off.

Users who are viewing this thread