successful appeal? (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

we keep hearing that no club has ever successfully appealed a points deduction

spurs overturned a 12 points deduction for illegal payments to players
so there is certainly a precedent

that said- i dont think it makes any difference at all to the end of our season

CJparker

i for one am a bit surprised at the negativity around our appeal - I presume we don't stand too lose more points if it the appeal is rejected, so why not??

If all of a sudden the deduction is cut or removed, then we still have an outside chance of play-offs; if not, then what have we lost?

Am not a fan of SISU but can't criticise them for this, to be fair ...unless I have missed something?

dongonzalos

i for one am a bit surprised at the negativity around our appeal - I presume we don't stand too lose more points if it the appeal is rejected, so why not??

If all of a sudden the deduction is cut or removed, then we still have an outside chance of play-offs; if not, then what have we lost?

Am not a fan of SISU but can't criticise them for this, to be fair ...unless I have missed something?

Typical SISU bum suck

pipkin73

I hope we win any appeal for one reason, you get extra league money the higher you finnish in the league.
Ok in league 1 it will be about a tenner but every penny helps.
We still don't know who the new owners will be, so lets not kill off the old life line first, before we know there is a new life line.
And yes, i so hope we have a new life line.

Baginton

its what you do, if you are allowed to aapeal, why not!

this is where the lawyers earn their dosh.

Baginton

its what you do, if you are allowed to appeal, why not!

this is where the clever lawyers earn their dosh, finding loopholes.

torchomatic

For once I agree with you CJ. I really can't see why fans would not possibly want to get those ten points back. It's not going to make SISU go any quicker or stay any longer, regardless of the outcome of any appeal. Makes no sense to be against such a move from the Club.

Last edited:

mattylad

we keep hearing that no club has ever successfully appealed a points deduction

spurs overturned a 12 points deduction for illegal payments to players
so there is certainly a precedent

that said- i dont think it makes any difference at all to the end of our season
I think it relates to points specifically deducted for administration. I cannot see the league over turning it and I think it has far more to do with SISU reinforcing its position that CCFC H is still ongoing and running the club. We now have little to gain from getting the 10 points back but they would have masses to gain despite the administrator saying it would have no relevence in his findings (how can it not?)

Interesting to hear from the ACL sales director on CWR this morning, primarily taling about the Davies cup but also said when asked about CCFC "Yes we would have liked a succesful outcome there and although the football is extremely important to us it has to be recognised that we are an international sports venue and conferencing centre as well"

So it was very much a softening of the ACL rhetoric we have seen and appears like they have given up on both getting any money back or getting SISU out.

Mr B

For once I agree with you CJ. I really can't see why fans would not possibly want to get those ten points back. It's not going to make SISU go any quicker or stay any longer, regardless of the outcome of any appeal. Makes no sense to be against such a move from the Club.

Bloody hell your talking sense for once and I totally agree!

torchomatic

djpalms23

we were the first to ......

- have an all seater stadium
- play a match on a sunday
- play under floodlights
- to be top of the premieship back in 1992

and we'll be the first to turn round a 10 point deduction for Admin.

You have missed the fact that we have to pay for the appeal win lose or draw

Gint11

Come lads it makes no difference other than the money you receive for where you finish. We are NOT good enough for the playoffs. We got our arses handed to us against Walsall. A team who is really good enough to go up a league doesnt tend to lose a match 4-0.

mattylad

Come lads it makes no difference other than the money you receive for where you finish. We are NOT good enough for the playoffs. We got our arses handed to us against Walsall. A team who is really good enough to go up a league doesnt tend to lose a match 4-0.
Except when we beat Doncaster 4-1 away ;)

warwickcccfc

I hope we win any appeal for one reason, you get extra league money the higher you finnish in the league.
Ok in league 1 it will be about a tenner but every penny helps.
We still don't know who the new owners will be, so lets not kill off the old life line first, before we know there is a new life line.
And yes, i so hope we have a new life line.

Are you sure that applies in L1??

RoboCCFC90

we were the first to ......

- have an all seater stadium
- play a match on a sunday
- play under floodlights
- to be top of the premieship back in 1992

and we'll be the first to turn round a 10 point deduction for Admin.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I believe Norwich City was actually the first team to top the Premier League table in 1992. We were second :( After three games played we were top with 3 wins from 3..

J

Jack Griffin

They must be going through this process http://www.football-league.co.uk/re...sions-disputes-and-appeals_2293633_2125735#82

82.4 Upon receipt of the Notice of Appeal the Executive shall request the appointment of a Football Appeal Panel (the 'FAP') by delivering to the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators five copies of the appeal documents.

82.5 The FAP shall consist of three Chartered Arbitrators, one of whom must be a barrister of at least 10 years call who will act as Chairman of the FAP, appointed by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (or such other body as the Board may from time to time determine). The appeal shall be conducted in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration Act 1996 or any subsequent statutory modification or re-enactment thereof.

82.6 The FAP will notify the parties and the Executive (if they were not a party to the original proceedings) of their appointment and allow the other parties a reasonable period of time to submit a reply.

Ashdown1

Points back........... points deducted, its all academic to me as we are dropping back anyway without a decent striker. I'm more interested in how or why there can be £12 million administration charges loaded against your club at the last accounts and how our debt { the one that didn't exist we were told} jumped from a reported £45 million 2 months ago to £60 million at the court hearing. These issues are appalling and yet again due to accounts not being filed on time there are no clues as to what these Mavericks have done to the club?!

hutch1972

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I believe Norwich City was actually the first team to top the Premier League table in 1992. We were second :( After three games played we were top with 3 wins from 3..

The first official table is the 2nd saturday of the season, we were the first outright leaders of the PL.

Users who are viewing this thread