Summer transfer/squad plans 2024 (3 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

With the season all but over now time to look forward to the rebuild this summer.

In my mind, priority should be:

New signing 1)A CB should Binks not sign.
New signing 2)A Number 10
New signing 3)A winger who can play both sides
New signing 4)A backup Striker

Making our squad

GK: Collins, Wilson
RB: MVE, Burroughs
CB: Thomas, Kitching, New Signing 1, Lati
LB: Bidwell, JDS
CM: Sheaf, Torp, Eccles, Allen
CAM: Palmer,New Signing 2
LW: Wright, New signing 3
ST: Simms, New Signing 4
RW: Sakamoto, EMC.

There is also Tavares then who can be part of the squad.

Not a priority but a new CM, and New LB would be nice.

I'd look to move: JDS, Allen, Lati and Wilson on.

Last edited:

CoventryUSA

Zero chance I am getting rid of Lati. So much versatility providing cover at so many spots.

JDS will be difficult to move on from with his contract. On a 4-year deal.

I don't mind keeping Wilson if the intention is to just bring in another backup to Collins. But if you are looking to push Collins with a potential replacement, then I get it.

Even with Palmer, I think another top-level #10, who can naturally also play out on a wing is a much bigger need than another CB to compete with Lati for the 3rd CB role.

Allen is all but gone so I would add another CM to your list as well. Torp was a great start in adding to that position. But will absolutely need another.

Ccfcisparks

Zero chance I am getting rid of Lati. So much versatility providing cover at so many spots.

JDS will be difficult to move on from with his contract. On a 4-year deal.

I don't mind keeping Wilson if the intention is to just bring in another backup to Collins. But if you are looking to push Collins with a potential replacement, then I get it.

Even with Palmer, I think another top-level #10, who can naturally also play out on a wing is a much bigger need than another CB to compete with Lati for the 3rd CB role.

Allen is all but gone so I would add another CM to your list as well. Torp was a great start in adding to that position. But will absolutely need another.
I disagree Lati offers versatility. He is useless at RB and CDM and is our 4th best choice at CB.

Martin180

Would love a new centre midfielder to add to Sheaf ,Eccles and Torp .
We need a new 10 to compete with Palmer
A new CB if Binks isn't going to sign
And another striker/wide forward

Lb isn't a concern in the short term , Bidwell is still a consistent performer and there is a player in DaSilva as yesterday showed
And if Wilson is happy to play second fiddle the talk of getting better than Collins is nonsense

SleepyGinger

Would love a new centre midfielder to add to Sheaf ,Eccles and Torp .
We need a new 10 to compete with Palmer
A new CB if Binks isn't going to sign
And another striker/wide forward

Lb isn't a concern in the short term , Bidwell is still a consistent performer and there is a player in DaSilva as yesterday showed
And if Wilson is happy to play second fiddle the talk of getting better than Collins is nonsense
Ethan Erhahon

ptr

Left back is sorted but if Burrows becomes available, we shouldn’t be missing out. Should imagine bigger’ clubs would be in for him though.

shmmeee

Buy quality where it’s better wherever it is.

Really hard to say without figures. What if Vik doesn’t leave and Sheaf gets an injury last game of the season and no one wants our players? Then it’s probably a few frees and loans at CB/CM/RW/ST

What if silly bids come in for MvE and Sheaf and Simms and Vik moves for €100m? Then it’s probably £5m a piece on the above plus a LB GK and replacements.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I think sheaf will go, bossed the midfield against United and Wolves. There will definitely be interest.

Hope not, but Doug King 👑 need's to come out and say, £30m and no less

Cally Fedora

Pretty much agree with the opening post in terms of what we need. I’ve also come to the conclusion over the last 2-3 months that Latibeaudiere is too much of a weak link. I’d retain him but if Binks doesn’t return I think we’ll need 2 CB. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get some serious interest in Van Ewijk, Sakamoto, Sheaf and Simms. History is littered with clubs who have had eye catching cup runs having their players targeted.

Martin180

I think we require:

GK
2 CB’s
CM
LW
CAM
ST

GK
MVE CB1 CB2 Bidwell
Sheaf Eccles
EMC CAM Wright
Simms

Wilson
Thomas
Kitching
Dasilva
Lati
Allen
Torp
CM
Sakamoto
LW
ST
Clown Conancon2019 GIF by Team Coco

skyblue_55

A certain Jamie Patterson was just in front of us yesterday.
An interested supporter as his contract is up at Swansea this summer & we have mentioned him for a few seasons now .
At 32 not our usual model , but another option & at this level , a very useful back up

Deity

A certain Jamie Patterson was just in front of us yesterday.
An interested supporter as his contract is up at Swansea this summer & we have mentioned him for a few seasons now .
At 32 not our usual model , but another option & at this level , a very useful back up
Not for me ….

mmttww

Really want to see how he fits EMC Simms and Wright into the same side.

EMC played wide right at Barnet most of the time, I think so I'm expecting he can cover either flank.

With Wright able to cover all three positions across the front, it's gonna be exciting to see how it works.

ccfc1234

I think sheaf will go, bossed the midfield against United and Wolves. There will definitely be interest.
If we want to progress and are serious about top 2, we to keep all our best players and make him club captain and stop the merry go round of our best players leaving. Replacing top talent is far harder and risker than building a team around them.

Hincha

Think we need to expect 1 to go each summer. Will be Sheaf this summer & probably MvE next.

Use the money to sign 3 or 4 (and get a couple of frees each year to bulk out the squad) and we'll keep getting better.

jim20

I agree, I think Sheaf will go in the summer or at the latest January. January would be worse for us in terms of replacing him mid season. With 2 years left on his contract I would hope we could get another big fee for him to continue to build. King has shown he will put the money back into the team, so not as worried as under SISU

long way home

We have to constantly improve the squad if we intend to gain promotion. That includes making tough decisions on some of our younger players and older players that have got us to this point. The 5 out of contract players will not be back, other players under contract i don't see being at the club next season are Wilson, Godden and Rus. We still will have to make decisions on Binks, Howley and Burroughs futures although our 2 players im sure will be given time and a pre season with the club before a decision is made. Binks would be a potential signing, but his contract and any fee might be putting us off, as we might have free agents on a list in his position that will make more financial sense.

As for IN'S depends on the Vik deal and what happens in the next 4 games. We finish well and push into the play offs then we will see another injection of income if we fall short but finish strong we could still see another improvement on ST sales come next season. Either way we will still try to wheel and deal, finding those younger players and free agents to put on long term deals as well as selling our players at the highest fees possible which ultimately feeds the improvement of the club. We just have to watch the process run and let the model work.

Im sure we are already working on all sorts of lists of players and all sorts of ways to bring them in, or ship them out. Don't count out loan to buys, player plus cash deals and deals involving big add ons or incentives for promotion. 25 players come or went last summer not sure we will see that, but i can see at least 12 transactions happening still lots of ifs and buts along the way and lots of twist and turns to watch out for.

GK, LB, CB, CM, No 10, FW are position of need, as for names i don't think we will know until its very close or done on any deal anymore. So picking names out is guess work and founded on position of need unless of inside knowledge.

Last edited:
Reactions: JSL

Martw

I agree, I think Sheaf will go in the summer or at the latest January. January would be worse for us in terms of replacing him mid season. With 2 years left on his contract I would hope we could get another big fee for him to continue to build. King has shown he will put the money back into the team, so not as worried as under SISU
We will get the most for him this summer I guess but personally the news re Shear I would want to hear is that he has signed a contract extension!

Users who are viewing this thread