stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
He’s scored two fantastic goals this season, but spent the rest of his time showboating and failing to cover ground. If he can’t find the self control now, he probably never will.
I know lots say they would love him as back up or as an impact player off the bench, but you're only an injury away from being first choice.

Hobo

May 13, 2013
Coventry
I wouldn’t be bothered if he moved on. We need players with more output. As a creative midfielder he doesn’t chip in with enough assists or goals and he’s on very high wages.

According to the club programme on Saturday, Palmer has our most assists with 8, which is the same amount as QPR's Chair.

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
According to the club programme on Saturday, Palmer has our most assists with 8, which is the same amount as QPR's Chair.
That's all comps. 1 against Oxford, 2 against Maidstone, and 1 against Sheff Wed in the FA Cup.

All of Chairs 8 assists and 7 goals were in the league.

Reactions: Deity

covcity4life

Apr 16, 2010
Most on here want rid of him. You must be feeling a bit low today.

Wolves wanted to sign Kevin Kyle when he was here.
So you were wrong again. Always talking about how no one would want him. Are you ever right? Like about anything lol

As for feeling low why would I? I wouldn't mind if he leaves. He's a good player but inonsistent. If we get a fee even better. If he stays then I know he's nowhere near as bad as mike basset fans think so that's ok too as squad option.

Whatever the manager wants.

Reactions: SkyBlueSam01

shmmeee

Jul 11, 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
So you were wrong again. Always talking about how no one would want him. Are you ever right? Like about anything lol

As for feeling low why would I? I wouldn't mind if he leaves. He's a good player but inonsistent. If we get a fee even better. If he stays then I know he's nowhere near as bad as mike basset fans think so that's ok too as squad option.

No you’re allowed two opinions on players: they’re the best thing ever and worth £20m, or they’re shit and stealing a living and must be abused until they leave the club.

No in between !

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Aug 26, 2016

I get frustrated with Palmer 2bh. I like him - but he goes from Unplayable to non existent all the time.

if you have a squad full of quality - Palmer will complement that well

covcity4life

Apr 16, 2010
No you’re allowed two opinions on players: they’re the best thing ever and worth £20m, or they’re shit and stealing a living and must be abused until they leave the club.

No in between !
Does seem the way this forum operates these days. I remember being told I was anti kane just cos I liked dabo. Anti godden cos I wanted Simms to start. Anti Allen cos I liked Palmer. It's like your not allowed to like two players that play same position. Have to pick a side.

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
I know lots say they would love him as back up or as an impact player off the bench, but you're only an injury away from being first choice.
Lots need to move away from wanting back up players who aren’t what the first team needs.

Reactions: stupot07

shmmeee

Jul 11, 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Does seem the way this forum operates these days. I remember being told I was anti kane just cos I liked dabo. Anti godden cos I wanted Simms to start. Anti Allen cos I liked Palmer. It's like your not allowed to like two players that play same position. Have to pick a side.

Have to pick a first XI and everyone else is shit and needs to be “got rid of”. Sometimes don’t even get to XI.

There seems to be a belief that football management boils down to identifying shit players and driving them from the club, I assume the idea is once the shit has gone only great players will be left.

Hobo

May 13, 2013
Coventry
I can't think of one player in our squad that doesn't get a pelting from a section of our fans?
Build a squad? We are more rip it up and start again as a fan base!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Oct 16, 2010

Go to the 94th minute of normal time in the play off final and look at the shot taken.

Remember this pretty well on the day and it was my light bulb moment for me.

• Wow
Reactions: stupot07

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
I can't think of one player in our squad that doesn't get a pelting from a section of our fans?
Build a squad? We are more rip it up and start again as a fan base!
Sheaf
Bidwell
Sakamoto

To name 3

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011

I’ve always said someone will take one last chance on him. Not sure what Mike Bassett has to do with it. I’ve said repeatedly palmer is like a 70’s throwback when people like Duncan MacKenzie, Tony Currie and Stan Bowles could play - now the game requires far greater fitness intensity and off the ball energy - he hasn’t got it

Deity

Jul 22, 2016
I’ve always said someone will take one last chance on him. Not sure what Mike Bassett has to do with it. I’ve said repeatedly palmer is like a 70’s throwback when people like Duncan MacKenzie, Tony Currie and Stan Bowles could play - now the game requires far greater fitness intensity and off the ball energy - he hasn’t got it
He’s not in the same league.

I think his work rate is ok, it’s his final ball that isn’t up to it, and in his position it’s all about how many you create and how many you score ….

RoboCCFC90

Oct 18, 2012
Players I’d be happy to show the exit door to.

Godden
Kelly
Moore
COH
Da Silva

We need..

GK
2 CBs (I would keep Binks if possible)
LB
CM
Winger (who can operate both sides)
CAM
ST

ptr

Mar 2, 2015
The problem with Palmer is not his stats…it’s quite simply the amount of times in a game he loses possession. Puts the opposition on the counter more than he does us.

ms639

Jun 23, 2015
Whatever happens this summer we have to do our business early and get the squad gelled. We cannot have a start like we have over the last 2 years. Need to be out of the blocks sharpish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamesimus

Jul 19, 2011
The problem with Palmer is not his stats…it’s quite simply the amount of times in a game he loses possession. Puts the opposition on the counter more than he does us.

Wouldn’t say it’s particularly his job to play keep-ball. That being said, he does often try to force the issue at times and if we’re honest, it doesn’t work out as often as it should - the pass for Wrights goal the other week was what I’d want to see him doing more often.

Users who are viewing this thread