Sunday roasts ranked. (1 Viewer)

pastythegreat

Sat eating my Sunday roast (very good it was too). Had pork with a perfect bit of crackling, mash, roasts, menge tout, baby corn, roast carrots and yorkshire puds.
But what's your fave? Mine, ranked in order from best to worst is:
1) Lamb
2) Beef
3) Pork
4) Gammon
5) Chicken
6) Turkey

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

wingy

Sat eating my Sunday roast (very good it was too). Had pork with a perfect bit of crackling, mash, roasts, menge tout, baby corn, roast carrots and yorkshire puds.
1) Lamb
2) Beef
3) Pork
4) Gammon
5) Chicken
6) Turkey

I think swap Pork and Beef for 2-3.
Chicken for Gammon .
On the veg front Roasts,Mash , cauliflower, Brocilli, carrots,leeks,peas or green beans .
Stuffing and Lashings of gravy .
It's a very rare treat for me these days lol.

Oh roasted parsnips.

Philosorapter

Brussels sprouts with honey do need to go on any roasting lists.

rob9872

1) Lamb
2) Beef
3) Pork
4) Gammon
5) Chicken
6) Turkey

Cut out gammon altogether and you'd be bang on.

Gazolba

Beef but it has to be roasted to perfection.
Preferably accompanied by roast potatoes and Yorkshire pudding with veggies.
A glass of wine with it wouldn't hurt.

hill83

Not a fan. I’ll eat them but most of the time when you eat them out somewhere it’s bland shite with no seasoning. Not even a hint of garlic. If the main flavour is coming from the gravy you are off to a bad start for me.

fernandopartridge

1) Lamb
2) Beef
3) Pork
4) Gammon
5) Chicken
6) Turkey

1. Lamb
2. Pork (belly is the best cut)
3. Beef
4. Gammon
5. Chicken
6. Turkey

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

OffenhamSkyBlue

Beef/Chicken/Pork/Lamb/Turkey in that order

Then must have sides:
- Yorkshires
- cauliflower cheese
- cheddar mash
- lots of veg

Hungry now. Anyone know a carvery that delivers?
Not sure what their delivery area is, but this is in the next village to me, near Evesham!
Incidentally, reputed to be the only pub in the world to be named after asparagus (Gras in the local dialect) - they even have a separate asparagus menu at this time of year!

https://www.roundofgras.co.uk/restaurant#take-away-roast-dinner-collection-or-delivery

OffenhamSkyBlue

Me and the missus agree that our favourite changes to pretty much whatever we've had that week!
But she really is the queen of roasts - used to run and chef in pubs, and her's was the best pub roast i've ever had. She normally does about 7 veg at home, and her gravy is the talk of our friends and relatives!

But i reckon you have to go a long way to beat a decent bit of roast beef - rib would be my favourite.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Otis

Not a fan. I’ll eat them but most of the time when you eat them out somewhere it’s bland shite with no seasoning. Not even a hint of garlic. If the main flavour is coming from the gravy you are off to a bad start for me.
Garlic? Garlic?! Garlic!! On a roast dinner?
giphy.gif

Grendel

OffenhamSkyBlue

Love cauli cheese, but goes best of all with a grilled gammon steak and buttery jacket spud.
A bit of naked cauliflower with a roast is a thing of beauty - and a leek gratin?
We've recently discovered braised or roast fennel, which goes REALLY well with pork. It comes in our weekly variety box from the local growers.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Same as, it is a staple in my family.
Quite frankly I'd prefer the staples! Can't stand cauliflower cheese. Not a big fan of cauliflower, love cheese but somehow the addition makes the cauliflower worse.

Mind you I love chips and cheese but cheesy chips are something I just don't get.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'm not against cauliflower cheese...but on a roast?
no no no...its the idea of cheese and gravy combo....that's just nasty!

CJ_covblaze

Gammon
Lamb
Beef
Chicken
Duck
Venison
Pork
Gravel
Soil
Wood
The plate the food comes on
The tin or dish it’s cooked in
The cutlery
The neighbour’s Labrador
Turkey

Grendel

It's a very underrated combination. Cauli cheese with a roast is a must in our house. Proper home made cheese sauce though. None of this shop bought crap.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I was put off cauliflower when I used to work at a holiday camp. I moved out of the awful barracks within a week but we were allowed free lunches. The guy I shared with that one week on Sunday put gravy on his dinner and then salad cream on top which he mushed up his cauliflower with

covmark

I was put off cauliflower when I used to work at a holiday camp. I moved out of the awful barracks within a week but we were allowed free lunches. The guy I shared with that one week on Sunday put gravy on his dinner and then salad cream on top which he mushed up his cauliflower with
That sounds hideous.

Grendel

That sounds hideous.

It was - the camp was full of scousers and someone actually tried to nick the curtains of my chalet one night while I was sleeping there - not that I’m stereotyping

Blind-Faith

Lamb
Beef
Pork
Chicken
Loads of roasties, Yorky puds and gravy!

no need for any dirty vegetables on the plate

Users who are viewing this thread