Sunderland at home (2 Viewers)

rob9872

Wtf? Same time! Grrrr

pusbccfc

Final 500. 5000 all in. That scoreboard has lost us a sizable amount of seats in the away end.

pusbccfc

Why are they bringing so many here when they hate the city and its on TV, is this what they take on their travels every week?

Better hope the Ricoh is prepared, wouldn't want there to be a delayed kick off.

Ironic thing is, whenever we've had a larger than usual crowd in the past 5 years, kick off has been delayed.

KCB1998

Why are they bringing so many here when they hate the city and its on TV, is this what they take on their travels every week?

Better hope the Ricoh is prepared, wouldn't want there to be a delayed kick off.

Sunderland fan in peace (tin hat at the ready)...........
To be honest this is the first game where we have been given a proper ticket allocation. Burton, Wimbledon & Gillingham all gave us pittance. How have you lot been playing?

clint van damme

Sunderland fan in peace (tin hat at the ready)...........
To be honest this is the first game where we have been given a proper ticket allocation. Burton, Wimbledon & Gillingham all gave us pittance. How have you lot been playing?

Getting better after a dodgy start having finally bagged Chaplin who we'd been after for months . I think we'll win based on nothing more than gut feeling.

theferret

Final 500. 5000 all in. That scoreboard has lost us a sizable amount of seats in the away end.

It hasn't had that much effect. 5000 takes them all the way up to the small barrier in block 12, the same as was given to Chelsea in the fall cup (5200), so a couple of hundred lost I'd say. That's about as much as we can give now. In the early Ricoh days away fans could also have block 13 and block 4, but that hasn't happened since about 2011.

theferret

Don't really get the angst over the attendance next week. I'd love there to be a big turn out, don't understand why peolpe wouldn't go, but then I think that every week.

It won't be that great, because the truth is it isn't a particularly big game. They'll be fewer city fans than there were were against Lincoln and Morecambe last season; probably about the same as there were against Scunthorpe in August. It's Sunderland at home, in September, on TV.

It'll be about 16.5k in total. I wish it was more, and perhaps it will be, but I doubt it and if it isn't well no point agonising over it.

mark82

Don't really get the angst over the attendance next week. I'd love there to be a big turn out, don't understand why peolpe wouldn't go, but then I think that every week.

It won't be that great, because the truth is it isn't a particularly big game. They'll be fewer city fans than there were were against Lincoln and Morecambe last season; probably about the same as there were against Scunthorpe in August. It's Sunderland at home, in September, on TV.

It'll be about 16.5k in total. I wish it was more, and perhaps it will be, but I doubt it and if it isn't well no point agonising over it.

We're struggling to get people to enter a competition for free tickets, the chance of people actually buying must be slim.

rob9872

87 was also for his age that we did game after he died or we could do 77 for year of the Bristol city game. So that's 15 66 77 87 any more? :)

Just back home now and had time to reflect on yesterdays game. I thought on the whole we were very poor and had you been more clinical we would have lost the game. Honeyman looks somehow even poorer at this level than he did in the championship. Another thing that stood out for me was I was reminded that when we bring large following this often massively negatively affects the atmosphere as the hardcore more vocal support aren't all in close vicinity of each other.

Aside from the game had a good day and found your fans to be very welcoming and was disappointed to see a few idiots looking for attention stir up a bit of handbags after the game.

Good luck for the rest of the season !

steveo1987

Just back home now and had time to reflect on yesterdays game. I thought on the whole we were very poor and had you been more clinical we would have lost the game. Honeyman looks somehow even poorer at this level than he did in the championship. Another thing that stood out for me was I was reminded that when we bring large following this often massively negatively affects the atmosphere as the hardcore more vocal support aren't all in close vicinity of each other.

Aside from the game had a good day and found your fans to be very welcoming and was disappointed to see a few idiots looking for attention stir up a bit of handbags after the game.

Good luck for the rest of the season !

Entertaining indeed but only second half..Could have gone either way with Chaplins miss and the Burge save so a draw was fair.Spoke to a couple of Sunderland lads walking back and the general opinion was that 1-1was about right.Shame about the chavs but imo let those idiots have their day in the sun and let us football fans get on with it with the appreciation of a decent game of football.

steve cooper

I thought at one point in the second half that Sunderland had decided to play for a draw, which would have been ironic, but to be fair they did try to win it late on, and they contributed to making it the exciting game it turned out to be. Maybe now they know we are not cheating scum, 1977 can be put to bed at long last.

Users who are viewing this thread