Sunderland crowd.. (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Would love them to open block 4 and 5.

pusbccfc

2800 sold for Sunderland then.

Obviously they had a limited allocation but based on that, we are likely to see Birmingham and a few others failing to sell the 4000.

Leeds and Leicester will sell it because of the time between playing each side. Stoke will bring about 800 at those prices.

A lot has been said about the £47 Leeds are charging Sheffield Wednesday, yet it's still CHEAPER than our places when taking two kids.

Covcraig@bury

SAG and the club are a shambles . All it needs is a double line of barriers between blocks 9 & 10 with stewards through the middle like Festa have . As for the other corner blocks 26-27 for the love of all that’s holy just open them up . I just can’t see why this is a regular occurrence.

ccfc1234

Is that £35 all in??

So you’re getting potentially £124 of value for £35?

Even if you only do one game it would mean £85 for a family of four is the most anyone would pay. If you take £37 x 2 adult tickets off that’s two kids for £11!

I feel like the club doesn’t publicise this enough. The JSB page just says vague “vouchers”.

Seems to be TBH that if you were that broke you’d be looking for these kind of deals at least.
If someone could post what vouchers are in the JSB pack that would be really useful for me.
JSBs get the following......

Gift pack (available from October) which contains sports bag, water bottle, size 5 football, ball pump and captains armband

Invitation to a training day

Family voucher for £35 (2 adults 2 juniors) for Cat A that's a good saving.

1 adult 1 junior voucher £20

2 x bring a young friend for £1 vouchers

Programme for £2.50 voucher

10% holiday camp voucher

Retail discount vouchers x3 (amount unspecified)

ccfc1234

The vouchers dont take account of the on going saving for children who get £14 home tickets I think rather than £25.

robbiethemole

JSBs get the following......

Gift pack (available from October) which contains sports bag, water bottle, size 5 football, ball pump and captains armband

Invitation to a training day

Family voucher for £35 (2 adults 2 juniors) for Cat A that's a good saving.

1 adult 1 junior voucher £20

2 x bring a young friend for £1 vouchers

Programme for £2.50 voucher

10% holiday camp voucher

Retail discount vouchers x3 (amount unspecified)

Only JSBs get that and I paid £125 for my 6 yr old grandson’s membership. The issue is kids wanting to go occasionally it will cost £25 for their dad/mum

Evo1883

Probably 25k ish.. but it would have been a total sellout with many thousands locked out if we reduced prices apparently
Sunderland failing to sell 200 of their 3000 allocation is a big tell .. if somebody wakes up tomorrow in Coventry and decides to take their 6 year old son to a coventry game it will set him back £62 on the gate .

It's too much

But it is what it is

croatskyblue

Sunderland failing to sell 200 of their 3000 allocation is a big tell .. if somebody wakes up tomorrow in Coventry and decides to take their 6 year old son to a coventry game it will set him back £62 on the gate .

It's too much

But it is what it is

well it’s another thing to whine about anyway, there’s been way too much good news in the last few months.

Evo1883

well it’s another thing to whine about anyway, there’s been way too much good news in the last few months.
I don't think good news should be a reason to not talk about the bad stuff , either way king won't care .. 25,000 but again only 2,500 paying coventry fans ontop of STs

Ashdown

I think you should just wait and see how good your’ good news’ is. Let’s hope you’re right but if by any chance we are sitting about 15th after 15 games then it’s all going to look a bit shitty and fans really are going to implode over exorbitant pricing.
You are obviously a ST holder who doesn’t give a fiddlers fuck about anyone else. I’m alright Jack I’m paying £17.39 a game.

croatskyblue

I think you should just wait and see how good your’ good news’ is. Let’s hope you’re right but if by any chance we are sitting about 15th after 15 games then it’s all going to look a bit shitty and fans really are going to implode over exorbitant pricing.
You are obviously a ST holder who doesn’t give a fiddlers fuck about anyone else. I’m alright Jack I’m paying £17.39 a game.
Yes good idea- let’s create an imaginary scenario which would justify the whingeing.

MalcSB

I don't think good news should be a reason to not talk about the bad stuff , either way king won't care .. 25,000 but again only 2,500 paying coventry fans ontop of STs
If ST sales have increased by about 6,000, wasn’t the number on top of STs always likely to decrease?

fernandopartridge

I am also wondering whether there will be any match packages this year. Doug could decide to hold his nerve for this season. If there are, they would have to be a significant difference to ST equivalent price per match, ST holders having paid for matches they may not be able to attend and being unable to cherry pick the rest.
How much of a market is there for it anyway? I reckon those people capable of committing to 12 home games have probably got a ST and some of those who can commit to 6 will have too..

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CCFCSteve

Depends if you believe we have a set number of fans that would only ever attend games .. I don't

Either way our numbers are pretty good compared to recent years and Highfield road in league one/Prem.

Kings a businessman. If he feels we’re losing out on fans with incorrect pricing I’m sure he’ll change it. In the meantime he’s hopefully increased revenue pretty significantly with the steps taken to date which will hopefully means we can back Robins.

I personally feel he should drop kids prices for away fans but that JSB membership looks a cracking deal for City U14s. Time will tell

MalcSB

Either way our numbers are pretty good compared to recent years and Highfield road in league one/Prem.

Kings a businessman. If he feels we’re losing out on fans with incorrect pricing I’m sure he’ll change it. In the meantime he’s hopefully increased revenue pretty significantly with the steps taken to date which will hopefully means we can back Robins.

I personally feel he should drop kids prices for away fans but that JSB membership looks a cracking deal for City U14s. Time will tell
He can’t charge less than for home fans.

fatso

Agreed, but if the gate is 28k+ it's going to be hard to argue that the ticket prices are too high.

chiefdave

Agreed, but if the gate is 28k+ it's going to be hard to argue that the ticket prices are too high.
Instead of going round in circles it would be useful to come up with an outline of what people actually want that Pete can pass on at the next meeting. But those suggestions have to be realistic and take into account things like the above.

From the clubs perspective there was a widespread problem with adults using kids tickets and they've taken action to prevent that. We've now got a sold out family zone and bigger attendances, and therefore increased revenue, over previous seasons.

Not sure you can really go in and say games would be sold out but for the pricing when Middlesborough last year got 19,788 and this year 24,080; Sunderland last year was 21,437, not sure the crowd this weekend is going to be much lower than that.

We could expand the family zone, which is an odd thing to be suggesting given the 'nobody wants to sit there' uproar when this seasons family zone plans were revealed, but that would most likely involve forcing season ticket holders to move.

Old Warwickshire lad

There you go again Ash, having a pop at season ticket holders. The price increase in season tickets, was a bit eye watering as well.
The adult match day prices are too high, not excessive but still too high.
Kids however are excessive and they need to have a rethink on these if not this season, then definitely next.
We have got to get kids in as cheap as possible, Someone mentioned a larger family zone with higher prices for adults and free kids . Maybe that would work.

Sky Blue Pete

I think asking the club to outline its offer to families is worthwhile
There is no possible defence for charging kids £25 to go to a game. For home fans there are offers for away not

fatso

Instead of going round in circles it would be useful to come up with an outline of what people actually want that Pete can pass on at the next meeting. But those suggestions have to be realistic and take into account things like the above.

From the clubs perspective there was a widespread problem with adults using kids tickets and they've taken action to prevent that. We've now got a sold out family zone and bigger attendances, and therefore increased revenue, over previous seasons.

Not sure you can really go in and say games would be sold out but for the pricing when Middlesborough last year got 19,788 and this year 24,080; Sunderland last year was 21,437, not sure the crowd this weekend is going to be much lower than that.

We could expand the family zone, which is an odd thing to be suggesting given the 'nobody wants to sit there' uproar when this seasons family zone plans were revealed, but that would most likely involve forcing season ticket holders to move.
I'd suggest the increase in attendance for the Middlesbrough game was purely because it was the first home game of the season and fans were excited to see the new players and wanted the big match experience once again.
The same could be said for the Sunderland game I'd suggest (to a certain extent)
Attendances may drop off after 4 or 5 home matches, unless we are flying high in the league. But Doug will be unlikely to change things if he's happy with the attendances, which aren't going to drop under 20k due to the record ST sales.

Users who are viewing this thread