Super Matty Godden (1 Viewer)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

An appreciation thread for the God. For whatever reason, he doesn't get the love in that say Max or Shipley gets, there have been questions about him throughout the season and how he should be dropped, a recent thread on Twitter talking about Player of the Season had Max in it above him, yet he's just gone about his business and now has 13 goals in 25 league games for us. A great return by anyone's measure. And when you compare it to all our opponents who apparently have 'better' strikers than him, he needs 1 goal in his next 4 to match those strike rates of Eisa or Walker, 1 in 5 to match Ludapo's and 1 in 7 to match Maddens. Only Toney really standing out.

Go on the God!

mark82

Godden seems to have hit his stride the last few games. He's looking really good.

Have to say of all the others you mentioned I do like Ladapo. Looks a decent player.

clint van damme

An appreciation thread for the God. For whatever reason, he doesn't get the love in that say Max or Shipley gets, there have been questions about him throughout the season and how he should be dropped, a recent thread on Twitter talking about Player of the Season had Max in it above him, yet he's just gone about his business and now has 13 goals in 25 league games for us. A great return by anyone's measure. And when you compare it to all our opponents who apparently have 'better' strikers than him, he needs 1 goal in his next 4 to match those strike rates of Eisa or Walker, 1 in 5 to match Ludapo's and 1 in 7 to match Maddens. Only Toney really standing out.

Go on the God!

his work rate yesterday was incredible.

fernandopartridge

Pleased with Godden, getting the striker's goals we need now. If we was a bit quicker he'd be some player.

Ladapo impressed me for Plymouth when we played them last season, I thought he looked a right handful

SkyBlueDom26

Go on the God!

His movement and work ethic yesterday was class, long may it continue!

Super Matty Godden!

covcity4life

Could he be a literal 1 season wonder?

If we made championship i would expect him to be 2nd or 3rd choice striker.

Lets enjoy this season first and think about that later

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Could he be a literal 1 season wonder?

If we made championship i would expect him to be 2nd or 3rd choice striker.

Lets enjoy this season first and think about that later

He's scored goals at other clubs in the past too, so it's not like he's unproven as a goalscorer. If we go up that level is another kettle of fish and he may end up as more of a back-up depending on who we can afford to bring in.

There are games he can be ineffective, even with the workrate, and his history does suggest he's a bit feast and famine in terms of goals so let's hope his current purple patch in front of goal lasts for a while yet..

RegTheDonk

God's coming good at a golden time. Hope he can live in the moment, enjoy it like us, and keep banging 'em in.

covcity4life

He's scored goals at other clubs in the past too, so it's not like he's unproven as a goalscorer. If we go up that level is another kettle of fish and he may end up as more of a back-up depending on who we can afford to bring in.

There are games he can be ineffective, even with the workrate, and his history does suggest he's a bit feast and famine in terms of goals so let's hope his current purple patch in front of goal lasts for a while yet..
I agree. I am talking solely if we git promoted

SkyBlueCRJ

Difficult to call whether he'll get to 20 or not as he has a tendency to hit form, then go on a barren spell. (10 games and 7 games respectively this season). Hopefully that doesn't replicate itself over the final quarter of the season.

Londonccfcfan

Go on the God!

Now hes really coming good and making the big difference with decisive goals (goal vs Portsmouth is stand out for me) . difference, he has been clearly been hampered by that injury on more than one occasion this season, excellent return now considering the games he has missed.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Godden seems to have hit his stride the last few games. He's looking really good.

Have to say of all the others you mentioned I do like Ladapo. Looks a decent player.

And McNulty is thinking, that could of bin me.

giphy.gif

Good finisher but think he ultimately lacks the pace to play to the best of his abilities in our system, especially in a higher division.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread