Support the club! (1 Viewer)

Astute

Our away support is average really if you don't count Bristol City.

Average what? I do away games so would love to know what we are average at.

I suppose the away fans will just be average next season as well.

Sky Blue Kid

If we were in the Premier league I would think about 28k leaving 4k for away support.
There is really no way to to give an estimate in the Championship from the start of the season.;)

pw362

torchomatic, Good for you, I salute your intentions. Only, please don't patronize me!
Start of last season, average home attendance was...what....18-20k ? What did it finish up as?....8-10k MAX!!!
Season ticket holders 8,500, give or take a couple of hundred ?
How many STH will there be THIS season? seeing as any that have been renewed have been Mortgaged!....Meaning anyone who wants a ST will have to pay LAST seasons prices(Not going to lower them are they, even for a lower league game)
Anyway, I haven't come on to the forums to argue......I could patronize a lot of you ST holders by saying "Some people are easily pleased", but I am TRULY not like that. We all wish only the best for CCFC. So please, lets keep all posts mutually respectful.;)

Where did you get average home attendance of 18-20k for beginning of last season from? Never had more than 16000 home fans at any game

Tad

Any money you give to support CCFC will go directly into SISU's account. The club will see none of it. Therefore, I won't be spending a penny on the club next season. This club has been dead for years.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

Fair enough mate. I'll post a
Video on here for you next May when the players do a lap of honour with the league one championship trophy :)

All the best

The one post you've made that I would truly love to see come true! but without actually having a squad to compete, I very much doubt it, but would love to be proven to be wrong!:p

skybluesteve76

Any money you give to support CCFC will go directly into SISU's account. The club will see none of it. Therefore, I won't be spending a penny on the club next season. This club has been dead for years.

That's the spirit! :-/

All the best

skybluesteve76

Start of season...home crowds of 18-20k
End of season...home crowds of 8-10k max!..........A drop of 50% in crowds..............and I'm in the minority???...possibly in this forum matey.....but the stats for the Arena say different. ok?

Because we got relegated. Not because of who runs the club though. Hence if we do well next season, attendances will rise dramatically no matter who's in charge, thus keeping you in the minority.

All the best

pw362

All these people saying if you get a ST it goes to SISU. What does the club use to pay wages,tax,NI and other bills? As far as we know none of these have been missed.

skybluesteve76

SBSteve what a CO*K you sound.
Im right your wrong.Im the bestest fan your not

you have to be one of those posters that slag of others posters threads or post cus of bad GRAMMER

cocks like you spoil these forums for a lot of people

If i dont want to go because of SISU dont tell me im not a fan or cus i dont form a sentance well enough for u
http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/members/2035-skybluesteve76

It's called debate sweetcheeks. I'm just trying to understand another view, quite an extreme one at that. No I don't bother with people's grammar or spelling. Im not telling anyone they arent a fan, quote me on any post where ive said that? We are all fans with different views mate. By the way you've spelt sentence wrong you thick twat!:)

All the best

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

Where did you get average home attendance of 18-20k for beginning of last season from? Never had more than 16000 home fans at any game

1st game....Leicester...21,102.
WHU.......20,524.................................There's two!
Downhill from there pw362...;)

Tad

That's the spirit! :-/

All the best

Sorry,

But this club is a joke now.

Regardless of what sport, I've seen a lot of clubs and how they are ran and the work ethic and commitment all the staff have. This one doesn't come near.

Last edited:

skybluesteve76

Debate!!!
sounds like its "your way or the highway" :facepalm: in nearly all your post

Don't mean it to sound like that mate. Apologies. Just passionate about getting behind the team no matter what. They need our support more than ever now. Boycotting games isn't gonna get us promoted is it? Why not give your opinion instead of having a dig

All the best

oakey

Is the person who refuses to buy a season ticket similar to the person who refuses to have their child vaccinated?
That is, they take a "principled" moral high ground position and rely on the fact that most others will not...therefore ensuring their child is protected anyway as the diseases do not take hold in the population / knowing their club will be kept going by the money from those who do purchase a ST.
IMO they rely on the actions of others... If we all decided not to buy SISU would probably liquidate.
Morally dubious, some would say cowardly.
Discuss.

Sky Blue Kid

Because we got relegated. Not because of who runs the club though. Hence if we do well next season, attendances will rise dramatically no matter who's in charge, thus keeping you in the minority.

All the best

When Coventry actually started losing decent crowds was after WHU game on Saturday 19th November 2011.... a VERY long time before we were "Relegated"
You know what Skybluesteve76....Forgive me for saying this. For someone with a lot to say....You don't do much research do you?

skybluesteve76

Is the person who refuses to buy a season ticket similar to the person who refuses to have their child vaccinated?
That is, they take a "principled" moral high ground position and rely on the fact that most others will not...therefore ensuring their child is protected anyway as the diseases do not take hold in the population / knowing their club will be kept going by the money from those who do purchase a ST.
IMO they rely on the actions of others... If we all decided not to buy SISU would probably liquidate.
Morally dubious, some would say cowardly.
Discuss.

That's what I've been trying to say mate. But obviously getting it wrong!:)
Why do people make a stand on something that won't make a difference and in the long term do more harm than good?

All the best

skybluesteve76

When Coventry actually started losing decent crowds was after WHU game on Saturday 19th November 2011.... a VERY long time before we were "Relegated"
You know what Skybluesteve76....Forgive me for saying this. For someone with a lot to say....You don't do much research do you?

That's your opinion on attendances mate

All the best

Astute

Look back even further. Many will tell you we were relegated before the season started. We looked down in November as well.

Sky Blue Kid

I'm saying that there no more than 16000 sky blues fans at any one game . Not the total attendance

Let's put things into perspective here...Season 2006-07 attendances were regulary in excess of 22k, and during march of that season attendances were as such...Hull..22k...Wolves 23k..April..QPR..23k..Preston..22k..WBA..28k.
Then the following seasons got progressively worse, while SISU carried on doing Fook All except sell players, and Asset strip CCFC.
The day Coventry signed King the gates fell dramatically and never recovered when Gunnar, Westwood ,Turner, and King went for a total of £750k....This price was for Turner...the others "walked"....Great piece of business on SISUs' behalf eh?:blue:

pw362

8 games played at home before the west ham game. Average att 14700. Three with less than 13k. Call that decent crowds? I dont. For a city of our size that is quite embarrassing IMO.

ccfctommy

Average what? I do away games so would love to know what we are average at.

I suppose the away fans will just be average next season as well.

Well away support isn't too great in this league apparently so we may be som eof the top travellers.

This is a graph someone of a different forum compiled, there are some missing (including Southampton).

EDIT: Can't upload it in full size here but its on this link, post #1431.

http://www.footballforums.net/forum...07-Championship-Away-Following-2011-12/page72

Attachments

• AwayFollowing2011-12.jpg
    AwayFollowing2011-12.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

All these people saying if you get a ST it goes to SISU. What does the club use to pay wages,tax,NI and other bills? As far as we know none of these have been missed.

2 months rent on the Ricoh still owed m8.....Last years Kit not been paid...Caterers not been paid....anything else m8?

Sky Blue Kid

I agree, I actually said(The season before) that if there was nothing done by SISU we would be relegated...Let's put it this way...I wasn't wrong was I.:blue:

skybluehugh

Fair enough mate. I'll post a
Video on here for you next May when the players do a lap of honour with the league one championship trophy :)

All the best

Do you really think that unless shitsu put some real money into the squad we are going to be any where near the top of the table cause if you do you you should be on Thorn's mismanagement team

Brighton Sky Blue

Makes it quite galling to see King being top scorer for Blues this season. Add in Gunnar and Turner starting for Cardiff, Dann at Blackburn, Fox at Saints, Westwood at Sunderland, Best at Newcastle...and how much did we get for all of them? Not enough by far. Allowing Westwood to leave for nothing was disgraceful.

Sky Blue Kid

What exactly is your problem?
I'll tell you mine...Lack of input from SISU=No players coming in=squad being sold bit by bit by SISU=No cover for injured players=Academy kids being brought in=No experienced players=Team not good enough to compete with average sides=One win away from home=not enough points to stay in the Championship=Relegation=SISU are responsible for our situation=Will they do anything about?= I don't think so!!!
Roll on next season, when I can spend even more money....at away games!

Sky Blue Kid

The day Coventry signed King the gates fell dramatically and never recovered when Gunnar, Westwood ,Turner, and King went for a total of £750k....This price was for Turner...the others "walked"....Great piece of business on SISUs' behalf eh?
blue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread