Surprising Stat? (1 Viewer)

Gosb

Only 7 teams in the league have scored more goals than us. But only 7 teams have conceded more goals than us.

And yet, I have this perception of us as a team who struggle to score but are pretty tight at the back.

Is it only me?

rob9872

Well Luton apatt we don't really get battered, but we do seem to always let one in and usually a soft one too. I'm more disappointed at the type of goal and ratios we concede than the actual overall quality of defending which for the most part is pretty decent.

Jamesimus

Only 7 teams in the league have scored more goals than us. But only 7 teams have conceded more goals than us.

And yet, I have this perception of us as a team who struggle to score but are pretty tight at the back.

Is it only me?

I don't have this perception. If I had to choose between addressing defence and attack in the summer, I would choose the former because it is where we are lacking I think.

Jamesimus

Well Luton apatt we don't really get battered, but we do seem to always let one in and usually a soft one too. I'm more disappointed at the type of goal and ratios we concede than the actual overall quality of defending which for the most part is pretty decent.

We struggle to keep a clean sheet though.

Blind-Faith

Tbh if we manage to keep hold of the big 3 players , I would go for 1 attacking midfielder but then focus solely on the defence.

If we can get that up then scratch we may stop throwing points away and getting beat by the cloggers in this league. Even a couple of draws instead of defeats would see us on the cusp of the playoffs.

Terry Gibson's perm

I don't have this perception. If I had to choose between addressing defence and attack in the summer, I would choose the former because it is where we are lacking I think.

I would be looking at the middle we lack goals there and also an ability to help stop them.

Briles

Of our 13 losses 5 have been by more than one goal. I found that interesting as I always think of our games being close, but that's because we can play well and lose

13th_choice_seamer

Of our 13 losses 5 have been by more than one goal. I found that interesting as I always think of our games being close, but that's because we can play well and lose
So out of all 38 games this season, we've only lot 5 by 2 goals or more - that doesn't sound like many.

CCFCSteve

We are pretty shocking defensively.

I thought we started the season a lot more solid but as the seasons worn on injuries/changes at the back have lead to problems. We’ve looked really casual in the last three games as well (inc sheff utd), almost back to the start of last season when we invited pressure by being a bit sloppy. It sometimes taking teams to score to wake us up

There might be an element of teams finding us out a bit and pressing us differently as the seasons gone on, that plus tiredness, lack of stability etc has made us look weaker at the back

Users who are viewing this thread