Match Thread Swansea U21 v Coventry Match Thread - Tuesday 24th Jan (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Only just got home, seemed as if every road was either closed, was under construction or was coveted in thick fog. Hope the rest of the SBA got home ok.

Terrible performance for 80 mins completely outshone by a strong looking Swansea team but At the end of the day a wins a win and it sure felt good celebrating at the end
Cracking support from everyone there stuck behind the team from first min to the last.

If the next game is away I hope we get an extra 2k on top of the 300 that were there tonight. If it's at home then 32k please!
Not bothered about people jumping on the bandwagon as a cov fan the bandwagon rarely comes around so the more the merrier. But anyone that does come needs to forget about the league and stay positive throughout. Got no time for bandwagoners who are gonna moan

Hoping for Luton away in the next round

As another point of note, we really should have gone in for mcburnie at the start of the season. cracking young player

PUSB

I never want to see another 'diversion' sign, or one that says 'FOG' that you can't really see!

McBernie looked useful, but I was expecting a little more. As detailed on here (and resulted in 20 'I bet his missus likes that' comments), he did go down quite easily. For a tall lad didn't really try for much in the air. Still only young though.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
hoping this the kick start get their asses into gear now in the league start winning games get away from relegation, so what if its a tin pot cup we need confidence boost think about being in their shoes semi final and could play at wembley could spark them into life we need more positive vibes around the club least this will help and be a good start.

Otis

The words of Russell Slade ....... errm, apparently.

'A home draw would be terrific but whoever it is we’ve got to do our job. But what we’ve got to do now is put it away in a box and concentrate on the league situation starting at Northampton on Saturday.

JS110008305.jpg

“The good thing is that we’ve got bodies to come back in. We’re hoping that Stuart Beavon will train on Thursday and we’ve got Oli McBurnie to come in.'

Oh really? Have you? He really said that did he, Coventry Telegraph?

Nick

Administrator

'A home draw would be terrific but whoever it is we’ve got to do our job. But what we’ve got to do now is put it away in a box and concentrate on the league situation starting at Northampton on Saturday.

JS110008305.jpg

“The good thing is that we’ve got bodies to come back in. We’re hoping that Stuart Beavon will train on Thursday and we’ve got Oli McBurnie to come in.'

Do they knOw something? He said Vernam didn't he?

sw88

Chief Commentator!

JS110008305.jpg

Ha! He made reference to him being their main threat, and called him Bernie, but think the CET have cocked up here ha

eastwoodsdustman

I never want to see another 'diversion' sign, or one that says 'FOG' that you can't really see!

McBernie looked useful, but I was expecting a little more. As detailed on here (and resulted in 20 'I bet his missus likes that' comments), he did go down quite easily. For a tall lad didn't really try for much in the air. Still only young though.

Those diversions were right up there with Norwich away earlier in the season. We went back on the M4 and through the delightful Newport. It saved us a good chunk of time by the looks of things.

The Lurker

Those diversions were right up there with Norwich away earlier in the season. We went back on the M4 and through the delightful Newport. It saved us a good chunk of time by the looks of things.

I said that last night. we cut through Newport and came out by Celtic manor then m50. M5 diversion was a pain too. the fog was ridiculous. felt sorry for our coach driver. 22 pissed up twats at 1am on a Tuesday night lol

sw88

Chief Commentator!

I was annoyed with myself as I read the sign that said the M4 junction was closed but still continued to drive towards it, only to then take the wrong turn and have to turn back before following the diversion. Think it was Newport I went through too, before getting back on track finding the M50 (which I ideally wanted to avoid becaus of the fog but didn't :rage:).

Then the M5 closure having to go trough a Worcester and passed their rugby ground! Went the M5 towards Birmingham way as thought take the M5 towards the A46 would have been covered in fog and would have taken longer. On reflection it probably would have been the same!

If only I'd got to finish work that but earlier I could have left the driving to the experts (coach drivers) and I could have had a kip!

skybluebeduff

but you only start threads about rcc,you only royally rip into rcc

and then when he became the hero last night you didnt post
So you think he's a hero for finally doing what he's paid to do anyway? o_O

Also I'm pretty sure I've created one thread about RCC, because I don't personally rate him at all, I suggest you get over my opinion and move on ;)

covcity4life

So you think he's a hero for finally doing what he's paid to do anyway? o_O

goalkeepers that make saves in pen shoot outs are always heros for the night. your personal hate for him led to you logging off for the night. but if we had lost and he let all 5 pens in you would have had another rant about him

you know this is true

skybluebeduff

goalkeepers that make saves in pen shoot outs are always heros for the night. your personal hate for him led to you logging off for the night. but if we had lost and he let all 5 pens in you would have had another rant about him

you know this is true
I watched the pens live on a stream, and I'm pretty sure if we missed shots I'd blame the players who took the pens, not the goalkeeper who attempts to keep them out. Also I work from 10pm, hence the log off ;) Very rare you'll find me on here after that time.

skybluebeduff

My opinion still stands though, RCC is the worse goalkeeper we've ever had, hope he improves to screw up my opinion about him.

better days

I did that diversion too - mainly because I missed the signs showing the recommended diversion route. Worst fog I've driven in for years

Nick

Administrator
How many games did he play compared to RCC?

You didn't set an appearance threshold ;)

I think it was Aldershot where he let in a free kick, it was awful. Then came on another game and was like a mad man and got injured. Never seen again.

skybluebeduff

You didn't set an appearance threshold ;)

I think it was Aldershot where he let in a free kick, it was awful. Then came on another game and was like a mad man and got injured. Never seen again.
Pretty much like RCC then , did you see him last night skin the keeper on the line with the ball? If he lost the ball and the player tapped in the goal, people would of gone mad!

Brylowes

Jesus!! Those diversions were bad, Newport and the M4 while traveling from Norwich.:emoji_construction:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Well done CCFC and for holding their nerve. Makes such a good change to talk about something positive at the club.

Long way to go yet and success I am sure will not be taken for granted by all City fans given past history. Wembley is not nailed on yet. The people who I will actually feel happiest for should we get to Wembley are the many fans who have never seen CCFC achieve anything. My lad is 19 and has never seen CCFC really succeed, would love him to experience a little of what we had in 87

skybluebeduff

Well done CCFC and for holding their nerve. Makes such a good change to talk about something positive at the club.

Long way to go yet and success I am sure will not be taken for granted by all City fans given past history. Wembley is not nailed on yet. The people who I will actually feel happiest for should we get to Wembley are the many fans who have never seen CCFC achieve anything. My lad is 19 and has never seen CCFC really succeed, would love him to experience a little of what we had in 87
My feelings exactly, I'm 33 in Feb, I've never seen anything good when it comes to CCFC, only our Prem days which went south after 1999.

Users who are viewing this thread