Swindon Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Chez78

Are we going to get the usual lot on here telling us what do we expect Pressley has had no money blah blah blah, just so I know how much have Swindon spent to build this team full of youngsters running us all over the park.

Skyblueweeman

Just caught the last 20 mins of the first half....missed the goals, thankfully. From what I saw - Webster is awful, JOB can't be faulted for effort and we're not getting enough men forward. Oh, and apparently Thomas is playing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Madine didn't look impressed with what Pressley was instructing him to do.

Very noticeable body language, doesn't look like the players know what they are supposed to be doing. Would come as no shock to me if it turns out SP has lost the dressing room.

mrtrench

Terrible tactics. We have packed the midfield so there is no room & Swindon only have to wait a few moments before we give the ball away. There is absolutely no width at all, no attacking intention and no pace. We seem to be deliberately slowing the game down - anyone would think that we were 2-0 up away.

I don't think it's the players - most of them are playing competently - it's the system and that's down to the manager.

Nonleagueherewecome

The shape of the team is somewhere between random and non-existent. Honestly, my old PE teacher used to set out a team better than this.

The problem imo is this; the defensive midfielders are too deep, the attacking ones either too deep or too far forward. There isn't a balance. Added to that, Swindon are fighting for everything. Other than JOB, noone on our team is.

We just don't look like a pro football team, do we? They have no idea what they are trying to do in an attacking sense, there's no running off the ball, no support, no overlapping or overloading out wide...they just look utterly and totally clueless, in that they don't look like they have a manager at all, it's just 11 players.

Seaside-Skyblue

I know this is league one and expectations should be curbed somewhat but these are still professional footballers and this is genuinely dead boring.

Nick

Administrator
Very noticeable body language, doesn't look like the players know what they are supposed to be doing. Would come as no shock to me if it turns out SP has lost the dressing room.

I have noticed it in player statements too.

The one from Pennington about playing Centre Half, the one from Fleck about the manager telling him to stay deep.

Nonleagueherewecome

Everytime Thomas or fleck pass, they always move backwards. How do they not see that the ball is always going to come back to them, so moving forward might serve more purpose??

Doesn't help that there is NOBODY giving them an option for a pass in front of them, does it? No movement, no bravery (as in taking a gamble).

Nonleagueherewecome

Are we going to get the usual lot on here telling us what do we expect Pressley has had no money blah blah blah, just so I know how much have Swindon spent to build this team full of youngsters running us all over the park.

You could recruit a side of freebies from the Southern League and they'd probably have more desire and determination than this bunch of dross.

1966skyblue

Madine was a disgrace, spent the whole half moaning at the ref or other players. Can only assume Tudgay is on his way as he was excellent against Walsall.

stupot07

Who have away the pen? I thought Nouble others think Webster? I'm sure Nouble was the one tracking back

My sisters watching at home - Nouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator

The loanees..

mcm sky blue

Nouble needs to come off aswell as Webster. Might as well put three up top as no one is supporting madine. Absolute dire and how people can defend SP after this but they will.

The Reverend Skyblue

I decided on New Years day that I wouldn't have a beer or whisy for all of January , so far I haven't but by god this display is testing my resolve.

we look dreadful, simple as that and if this is the Coventry way we have a bleak future

chiefdave

That was absolutely dire. No passion from our lot and they seem to have no idea what formation or tactics they are supposed to be playing. So tentative when we have the ball, never going to get anywhere like that. Everytime we have it there's no outlet, no decent runs, nothing at all. Fleck and Thomas don't work together for me, think Thomas has to go. Too many years of promise but hasn't delivered.

Looking for positives Allsop hasn't done much wrong, neither goal was his fault. Nouble at least looks vaguely interested unlike most of them. JOB has been the best of a bad bunch. That's about all I can come up with.

Whoever this is (the ex-player) on CWR he's not happy with SP, hard for Linnell to stick up for the manager like he usually does when someone texts or phones! He's just said it's not the players fault its the tactics and formation.

Nonleagueherewecome

Who have away the pen? I thought Nouble others think Webster? I'm sure Nouble was the one tracking back

It was Nouble, a strikers challenge. That's one issue with him playing LW.

Nonleagueherewecome

I have noticed it in player statements too.

The one from Pennington about playing Centre Half, the one from Fleck about the manager telling him to stay deep.

The Barton where he said something like "well, we are now talking to each other at least..."

Ashdown

My word, Andy Webster, he's a pub player isn't he ? Not sure what Connor Thomas offers the team either, utterly anonymous. Swindon are a good team but this has been embarrassing !

Nick

Administrator
That was absolutely dire. No passion from our lot and they seem to have no idea what formation or tactics they are supposed to be playing. So tentative when we have the ball, never going to get anywhere like that. Everytime we have it there's no outlet, no decent runs, nothing at all. Fleck and Thomas don't work together for me, think Thomas has to go. Too many years of promise but hasn't delivered.

Looking for positives Allsop hasn't done much wrong, neither goal was his fault. Nouble at least looks vaguely interested unlike most of them. JOB has been the best of a bad bunch. That's about all I can come up with.

Whoever this is (the ex-player) on CWR he's not happy with SP, hard for Linnell to stick up for the manager like he usually does when someone texts or phones! He's just said it's not the players fault its the tactics and formation.

It's Andy Blair I think (heard him in the car). There's been a few times ex players have doubted the manager.

chiefdave

Just been told not one single piece of the protest was on Sky. they showed nothing and mentioned nothing either?

Spent more time taking the piss about us playing on a shit rugby pitch. You couldn't really hear any protest and you certainly couldn't see it.

Covstar

That was really painful to watch... Why no tudgay after last week I do not understand and his love affair with Webster continues. Just absolutely Dreadful half.

skybluepm2

Well...this was worth rushing back from West London for. Pathetic performance! I wonder what pearls of wisdom our leader is giving. Is there a formation he hasn't tried yet? Four strikers perhaps! Bombing Tudgay from the squad is a shocking decision. Clueless prick

Users who are viewing this thread