Sydney Fc view of Cazarine (1 Viewer)

He will not have seen any of these players - a video sent by his agent at best.

Yeah, but he is now training with the rest of the squad. See how he looks, make a decision. If he was a world beater, we wouldn't be getting him. If heading is a strong point, he can be an asset in a physical league. We shall see, mixed reviews in all but fans of Coventry would have given Clive Platt worse than that at the beginning of the season and he finished off relatively well. We are on the look out for an out and out goalscorer along with every other team, I'm sure, but we aren't going to know whether the team can chip in with a good tally of goals between them until the season starts.

keef

Living in Sydney and having seen him play a couple of times my opinion is he's average at best.
The A league is abysmal in terms of quality with any half decent player moving to europe as soon as they can. Its also played in the summer so the game is slow as no one can run in the 30c+ heat. I am not filled with a sense of enthusiasm at Cazarine on trial

ampthill_sba

His scoring record over two seasons is good and I doubt that the A League standard is worse than League 1.

Sign him up...if he can add 10 goals next season he'll have done better than any player this past season!

keef

His scoring record over two seasons is good and I doubt that the A League standard is worse than League 1.

Sign him up...if he can add 10 goals next season he'll have done better than any player this past season!

There are 10 teams in the A league and they play once a week. The standard is poor.
It was only 8 teams up until a few seasons back...... you really are expecting a lot from the A league if you think its comparable to a full season in an english league

Nonleagueherewecome

I'd put A-League standard as between lower League 1 and Blue Square North/South. The variance between the good, decent and terrible is pretty huge, as with MLS. A lot of players with dual nationality (so therefore eligible over here) fail to make the grade in non-league here, but pick up a contract in the A-League no worries. The fact that this guy is a goal-machine there- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Smeltz -says a lot: the Wimbledon goals were the divisions below BSS before they went up, the Halifax goals BSP. He's amongst the best strikers over there, and I'd call him "decent L1" standard tops.

That doesn't mean that Cazarine can't be a success here (even if he'll always remind me of General Patton..): if he is physical and aggressive, he could prove to be perfectly suited to L1. And he can't have any less goalscoring instinct than Platt whilst perhaps offering a similar impact, more so with his back to goal than flicking on long balls (a role Platt proved better suited to).

Nonleagueherewecome

He will not have seen any of these players - a video sent by his agent at best.

He must have had a decent view of Ball at least as he slotted home the winner against us last season! Seeing Brown live in L1 or at reserve level is quite plausible, too. The rest are probably gambles after trials gained off videos, although most scouts with a basic grasp of the A-League would have known of Cazarine and there are plenty of games broadcast via Murdochvision that AT could have watched.

Brighton Sky Blue

He must have had a decent view of Ball at least as he slotted home the winner against us last season! Seeing Brown live in L1 or at reserve level is quite plausible, too. The rest are probably gambles after trials gained off videos, although most scouts with a basic grasp of the A-League would have known of Cazarine and there are plenty of games broadcast via Murdochvision that AT could have watched.

Murdochvision, love it :D

Grendel

Forgive my stating the bleeding obvious, but isn't that why he's on trial - to assess these qualities?

Well I am sure any that are no good will have been signed up by Waggott and forced on him but the good ones turned down Barcelona as soon as they heard thorn was interested.

skybluegod

Well I am sure any that are no good will have been signed up by Waggott and forced on him but the good ones turned down Barcelona as soon as they heard thorn was interested.

what and who are you expecting us to sign we have little/no money and we have no income we're not going to sign championship level players or players you have heard of and are good we have to look at players which might be good and we have never heard of

Diehard Si

Forgive my stating the bleeding obvious, but isn't that why he's on trial - to assess these qualities?

Precisely.

From what we've seen stat wise, seen on youtube and heard from the Aussie fans there really are more questions than answers.

He seems to have scored a lot of goals as the main striker with poor service but against poor keepers.

How will he do with better service, not as the main striker against better keepers?

We can only find that out in training and in the friendlies. I'd put him up against Malaga ( who sounds totally dominant in the air ) on the training field and if he manages to score some goals with him marking him then sign him up.

Good that your original point was sensibly addressed by several and you returned to diatribes about how some parties think Thorn is the blameless messiah of all things Coventry City.

CCFCSteve

Considering a fair few on here slag players off as soon as they leave us some of the comments on the SFCU site are pretty reasonable

Lets wait and see

Lloyd

I do wonder why any players sign for us at all sometimes given the lack of faith our fans have slating players more than they praise.

I seem to recall the beginning of last season people saying how shit juke was and that he'd never bag more than 10-15 goals in a season, I remember people slating others like Ben turner all the time, give the players a bloody chance

Otis

It's only a minority.

Just ignore them.

Anyone who comes in and puts on a Sky Blue shirt gets my full backing, and at least 6-10 games before I even begin to cast any sort of judgement upon them.

Nonleagueherewecome

Still waiting to pass verdict on Sandy Robertson, then? :D

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Please also try and remember, of his record was without peer, then he wouldn't have travelled half-way around the world to trial with a recently relagated club from the English third-tier, with apathetic fans who like to judge a player before he's kicked a ball

lordsummerisle

I do wonder why any players sign for us at all sometimes given the lack of faith our fans have slating players more than they praise.

I seem to recall the beginning of last season people saying how shit juke was and that he'd never bag more than 10-15 goals in a season, I remember people slating others like Ben turner all the time, give the players a bloody chance

He hasn't has he?
Think only got one league gioal in the second half of the season with Boro I think.

dongonzalos

We were allowed by our illustrious owners to sign two loanees so had slightly more depth in the squad. Signing them and keeping juke for 4 months extra was the way forward. Then sell him

stupot07

He hasn't has he?
Think only got one league gioal in the second half of the season with Boro I think.

He got 9 in 26 for us but we were set up to play to his strengths, where he had to fit in with boro's system. Had he stayed with us he'd have probably got 15 for the season.

Its a bit like when Best went to Newcastle after scoring 10 in half a season for us but then failed to score again that season.

lordsummerisle

We were allowed by our illustrious owners to sign two loanees so had slightly more depth in the squad. Signing them and keeping juke for 4 months extra was the way forward. Then sell him

Forgot we were mid-table when he was here.

Middlesborough may have stayed in the play-off positions and got promoted as well, everybody a winner!

Buster

You are all missing the point . This boy from Brazil can convert a cross into a goal as good as anyone ! The question is , who is going to cross the ball?

dongonzalos

Forgot we were mid-table when he was here.

Middlesborough may have stayed in the play-off positions and got promoted as well, everybody a winner!

May have been one point above relegation with him and the loanees than without him or the loanees.

Possibly more chance of staying up with our top scorer around than not been there. Crazy logic I know....

Remember Platt and nimely having to play injured

ccfcway

been thinking about this

perhaps its not a german, perhaps its Jermaine

Jenas is coming....along with Alves !

Users who are viewing this thread