Talksport (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

My best friend is a long standing season ticket holder at Crystal Palace and says Simon Jordan was shafted by predators. He rates Jordan highly, says he is passionate about football and would do am amazing job for CCFC.

On the flip side, I was at Swindon vs Leyton Orient last night and was sat in the directors box with an ex EPL player who has very close connections to Palace and we got talking about Cov so I mentioned the rumour about Jordan.

His words were 'out of the frying pan and into the fire'.

usskyblue

I was at Swindon vs Leyton Orient last night and was sat in the directors box with an ex EPL player

ooh-yeah.gif

oldfiver

Just had a ten minute chat about us. Joe Elliott was on for some reason, stating the bleeding obvious. Reckoned he’d heard rumours that Saturday may go ahead which was interesting.

Fantastic insight from Danny Murphy who suggested rolling it and watering it and it’ll be fine.

Roll and water what? The grass is totally gone !

oldfiver

Just had a ten minute chat about us. Joe Elliott was on for some reason, stating the bleeding obvious. Reckoned he’d heard rumours that Saturday may go ahead which was interesting.

Fantastic insight from Danny Murphy who suggested rolling it and watering it and it’ll be fine.

How did you get away with only 10 minutes with JE?

Bad Boy

Used to rate Danny Murphy both as a footballer and a pundit.
If he really did say that then he's gone down in my estimation.

shmmeee

Well I hope I don't live too much longer, sorry to be a burden on you all.
I'll just bob outside for a few weeks and pick up shit and snot that scumbags throw out of the vehicles or does it just fall out the sky. Must do my extra bit ffs.

Was more a point that councils aren’t being funded than old people existing. Should take social care away from councils and have a proper service for everyone that doesn’t rely on family wealth TBH.

rexo87

Can’t remember specifically what it was with Danny Murphy a couple years back. Maybe when we were moving to Birmingham and slight possibility of being kicked out of the league, and he closed the subject with “at least they’ll always have their FA Cup DVD”.

He’s a c**t.
Yeah that was it. Not sure he has an agenda. Alot of these pundits have very little to no knowledge about clubs outside the prem. They are also encouraged to spark controversy to gain listeners

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Samo

Doesn't SJ have a bother called Brendan and isn't he into his football too?

I would love to have a BJ at the CBS Arena.

That is a well engineered joke.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Listening to TalkSPORT white and Jordan and SJ literally just said the club is for sale and he’s looking at it! 👀

Watch this space!

We've been through all this before... SISU will not sell unless it's silly money, money that SJ and co do not have to throw around. Two things can be said for SJ however, is that firstly he is a true lover of football and would try his best for the fans, and secondly, he's a businessman that is not afraid of bailing out when the going gets tough... which one trumps the other? I'm not sure.

Certainly, a takeover would be welcomed by myself... seasons of disappointment, a make-believe stadium being built and now this rubbish over the playing surface which ultimately IS the fault of our owners (no matter how you wish to spin or hate the wasps) for not delivering on their promises of a new stadium, failing to secure our own independence and simply not knowing the state of the pitch weeks ahead of time. If it wasn't for MR, who knows what mess we would be in right now?

That said SJ and co is a HUGE punt and a risky one at that! Check out this interview where he gives a brief self-account of his journey, and also his opinion on politics in sport.

Does Politics Belong in Sport? - Simon Jordan - YouTube

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We've been through all this before... SISU will not sell unless it's silly money, money that SJ and co do not have to throw around. Two things can be said for SJ however, is that firstly he is a true lover of football and would try his best for the fans, and secondly, he's a businessman that is not afraid of bailing out when the going gets tough... which one trumps the other? I'm not sure.

Certainly, a takeover would be welcomed by myself... seasons of disappointment, a make-believe stadium being built and now this rubbish over the playing surface which ultimately IS the fault of our owners (no matter how you wish to spin or hate the wasps) for not delivering on their promises of a new stadium, failing to secure our own independence and simply not knowing the state of the pitch weeks ahead of time. If it wasn't for MR, who knows what mess we would be in right now?

That said SJ and co is a HUGE punt and a risky one at that! Check out this interview where he gives a brief self-account of his journey, and also his opinion on politics in sport.

Does Politics Belong in Sport? - Simon Jordan - YouTube
I listened to him for a long time today on talksport. He has lots to say, articulate, knowledgeable and supremely confident.
Do I trust him ? Not really.

Users who are viewing this thread