CJparker

Based on yesterday's success, I would go with the following:

--------------Murphy

Christie---Martin--Edje---Stewart

Baker--Barton--Bailey--Fleck--Moussa

-------------Wilson

Bench: Dunn, J Clarke, Willis, Bell, Thomas, McSheffrey, McDonald

CJparker

I think Ball deserves another start and would play Wilson alongside him; sacrificing Fleck to play 4-4-2...

I doubt that'll happen - firstly because yesterday's formation worked well and Fleck got good reviews for his role. Secondly, Ball's selection ahead of Wilson drew a lot of comment - justifiably since Ball is leaving soon and Wilson needs chances in the first team (also he looks more promising than Ball)

kg82

Yeah, I wouldn't play 4-4-2, especially away at a team in good form. It'll be yesterday's line up and formation I would've thought.

Lord_Nampil

think Balls inclusion had something to do with Rob Jones yesterday! Though id like to see Wilson given a chance he seems to be able to make the step up and is a player id be looking to keep!!

For me it would be;
Murphy
Cyrus Edje Martin J.Clarke
Baker Thomas Barton Fleck
Moussa
Wilson

Stewart looked a little dodgy yesterday and this kid Stevie has brought from the acadmey ent ready yet so why not give Jordan a go? As long as he stops fannying about with the ball and actually play rather than showboat. Stilly not impressed wiith Bailey. Thomas needs to start games if he is gonna develop into the player we know he can be. It seems like Barton has finally got over his leg break and has got his confidence back. Great attacking play from him yesterday and he got stuck in in the midfield. Fleck looked a little lazy but his pass to Cyrus set up the goal so i'd give him another go. Wilson deserves his chance no. If Cody has been droppped and Ball has proven he isnt CCFC material then why not give the kid his chance? He went for everyball yesterday, closed the keeper and instigated some great moves. Cant wait to see him for the full 90

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I thought yesterday was Stewarts better game. Got forward very well (which seems a regular problem with us and full backs; get forward well but struggle defensively).

Id play the same as we did yesterday (cant see Walsall setting up the same as Donny did and we could counter their formation and force them into chances). However id too try Wilson upfront.

Ball didnt do much wrong in fairness, but id like to see more of Wilson, especially as hes more likely to be our player next season than Ball is (unless we have already agreed a deal to sign him perm)

ampthill_sba

I doubt that'll happen - firstly because yesterday's formation worked well and Fleck got good reviews for his role. Secondly, Ball's selection ahead of Wilson drew a lot of comment - justifiably since Ball is leaving soon and Wilson needs chances in the first team (also he looks more promising than Ball)

Fleck had one of his better games for sure.

Wilson is a better (and more pleasing to watch) player than Ball; but I'd like to see him play alongside someone who could bring him into the game. The little and large combo usually has goals galore when it works well...

I thought yesterday was Stewarts better game. Got forward very well (which seems a regular problem with us and full backs; get forward well but struggle defensively).

Id play the same as we did yesterday (cant see Walsall setting up the same as Donny did and we could counter their formation and force them into chances). However id too try Wilson upfront.

Ball didnt do much wrong in fairness, but id like to see more of Wilson, especially as hes more likely to be our player next season than Ball is (unless we have already agreed a deal to sign him perm)

We have the option to buy Ball for free as part of the Keogh deal

ggrady

We controlled the game having a lot of attacks and ball still couldn't get in the game. He's overweight. Wilson should start with Thomas in for bailey

Mucca Mad Boys

I'd keep the same team, except I'd start Wilson or Cody for Ball and maybe Thomas in for Bailey?

If Willis is fit, I'd like to see him feature before the end of the season.

CJparker

I'd keep the same team, except I'd start Wilson or Cody for Ball and maybe Thomas in for Bailey?

If Willis is fit, I'd like to see him feature before the end of the season.

Broadly agree - but can't see Thomas replacing Bailey (JB was captain when Jenno went off at Pompey and when Baker went off against Donny)

Predict it will be as follows

----------------Murphy

Christie----Edje---Martin---Stewart

--------Barton------Fleck

Baker--------Bailey--------Moussa

------------Wilson

Bench: Dunn, J Clarke, Willis, Thomas, Bell, Sheff, Cody

Users who are viewing this thread