CJparker

I would go with:

--------------Murphy

Christie-----Edje---Willis-----Clarke

--------Fleck--------Barton

Baker----- ---Jennings-------Moussa

---------------Wilson

Bench: Dunn, Malaga, Thomas, Bell, Sheff, Cody, Philliskirk

Thanks to the loanees, especially Bailey, but we need to give some of our own players a run in their place.

covcity4life

Jennings attacking central midfield???

for once i agree

wtf cj parker?

id play

===============murphy================
christie===martin=====willis=======clarke
============barton===============
=======thomas=====fleck===========
bell=======================baker(OR swap sides)
=========wilson================

Dan Griffin

Fagan
Christie - Edge - Willis - Clarke/Haynes
Baker - Barton - Jennings - Fleck - Sheffers
Wilson

Bench: Murph, lobjoit, bell, Thomas, moose, bell, cody

Possibly Malaga in there somewhere, and philliskirk, would happily take a beating each week now if we play our own players and there young

Jackoskyblue

Willis won't play as he is injured

I'd go

Murphy
Christie Edge Malaga Clarke
Baker Lobjoit Barton Thomas Moussa
Wilson

Edit: forgot about Malaga

suddsy101

---------Murphy-----------
-Cyrus-Malaga-Edge-Lobjoit-
--------Barton-Jennings-----
----Baker---Moose--Fleck---
------------Wilson-----------

shy_tall_knight

Murphy
cyrus aaron Malaga jordan c
connor fleck
moose baron baker
wilson

Edge to me is to lightweight for this league, bailey will be leaving anyway and has lost interest since Robbins left. Jennings is just poor and lacks any creative spark. Ball will be leaving and lacks a key attribute for a striker, the ability to score goals.

LJC_CCFC

Murphy

Christie
Willis
Edge
Clarke

Thomas
Barton

Baker
Fleck
Moussa

Cody/Wilson on as a sub at some point

No point playing loans anymore building for next seasons starts now, especially Willis who will be gone as soon people realise how good he is...seem to remember a scout at the first pre season friendly asking about him. Doubt highly that Martin and Bailey will sign...so these games are a chance for Pressley to use the squad and find out about them and which ones fit into his ethics...I'm hoping Barnsley get relegated release cranie who is on a one year deal and we re-sign him...because he's the best ball playing centre half I've seen at city and could have been a revelation with woody at the back this season

skybluegod

Guys it's pretty hard to play someone that is out for the rest of the season (willis) :p woody is back though so id go him and edge with Haynes at LB Thomas in for Barton, Jennings in for bailey and Wilson/Cody for ball

skybluegod

Murphy
cyrus aaron Malaga jordan c
connor fleck
moose baron baker
wilson

Edge to me is to lightweight for this league, bailey will be leaving anyway and has lost interest since Robbins left. Jennings is just poor and lacks any creative spark. Ball will be leaving and lacks a key attribute for a striker, the ability to score goals.

Holy shit a new player who's baron?

Ccfcisparks

Lads I know we were terrible Monday but I think it's abit extreme in playing Lobjolt while he's still got hat cast around his foot

id go for

murphy

christie
the edge
willis (if fit) or jordan clarke
haynes

baker
thomas
fleck
lobjoit (if fit) or moussa

jeffers
wilson

subs:
dunn
bell
mcdonald
malaga
martin
barton
jennings

skybluegod

id go for

murphy

christie
the edge
willis (if fit) or jordan clarke
haynes

baker
thomas
fleck
lobjoit (if fit) or moussa

jeffers
wilson

subs:
dunn
bell
mcdonald
malaga
martin
barton
jennings

Are you trying to lose? That back 4 would be killed, lobjolt is defo out so is willis, Jeffers has never proven himself even when loaned out.

shy_tall_knight

My bad...bell has to be worth a go as well...not at centre half though

Jeffers is back, nowhere near the first team all season, looked so out of his depth on the live game at Southampton, 6 games for Tamworth and no goals, 21 next week I think he is highly rated by Cov fans who have never seen him play but cos he has represented England a few times expect him to be good.

Are you trying to lose? That back 4 would be killed, lobjolt is defo out so is willis, Jeffers has never proven himself even when loaned out.

no but its pointless playing the loan players, no point playing cody cuz something must be wrong with him (5 managers dropping him) hence why i put jeffers in.

why not play some youngsters, let them play competetive 1st team matches and get some experience.

if lobjoit and willis are both out ive put who should play and still would be a decent side

stupot07

Jeffers is back, nowhere near the first team all season, looked so out of his depth on the live game at Southampton, 6 games for Tamworth and no goals, 21 next week I think he is highly rated by Cov fans who have never seen him play but cos he has represented England a few times expect him to be good.

Philliskirk is 22 next week and has pretty much identical career, plenty are calling for him to be involved.

shy_tall_knight

Philliskirk must be good he was on Chelsea's books, Neil Wood was on Man U's books and look what a fine player he turned out to be. Would rather see Phili than Jeffers though. Jeffers reminds me of a poor man's Danny Wellbeck - looks reasonable in a good Utd team but so out of his depth at international football, ever seems in control of the ball all legs and no skill, expect him and Cleverly to be playing for Sunderland in the near future.

Philliskirk must be good he was on Chelsea's books, Neil Wood was on Man U's books and look what a fine player he turned out to be. Would rather see Phili than Jeffers though. Jeffers reminds me of a poor man's Danny Wellbeck - looks reasonable in a good Utd team but so out of his depth at international football, ever seems in control of the ball all legs and no skill, expect him and Cleverly to be playing for Sunderland in the near future.

forgot bout danny boy, lol. swap jeffers gor him

skybluegod

no but its pointless playing the loan players, no point playing cody cuz something must be wrong with him (5 managers dropping him) hence why i put jeffers in.

why not play some youngsters, let them play competetive 1st team matches and get some experience.

if lobjoit and willis are both out ive put who should play and still would be a decent side

He is out of contract so is a useless as a loan player he has never proved himself. Five managers haven't dropped cody 2 have. Carsley didn't have him at the club, thorn and shaw played him. The reason Cody doesn't play as he cannot play by himself up front IMO he would be better in 4-4-2.

Clarke isn't a CB so why play someone out of position even if he has played there before. Why put lobjolt in when moussa is here next year?

skybluegod

Welbeck was fantastic against Montenegro he is what Hernandez isn't he works hard and makes chances and looks for the ball but he does not score enough that's why people don't like him. Cleverly is a bag of revels never know why kind performance you will get

He is out of contract so is a useless as a loan player he has never proved himself. Five managers haven't dropped cody 2 have. Carsley didn't have him at the club, thorn and shaw played him. The reason Cody doesn't play as he cannot play by himself up front IMO he would be better in 4-4-2.

Clarke isn't a CB so why play someone out of position even if he has played there before. Why put lobjolt in when moussa is here next year?

i would put lobjoit in to give him experience but only if he was fit like i said. clarke has played as centre back before but i would play christie there as that was his position in the academy.

as for mcdonald, go through all the threads and many people have posted similar but i take your point bour carsley not having him. but saying that thorn had him all last seasin and played 2 up front, how many games did he play. send him back to gillingham. by the way how many people have put him in the line up in this thread?

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

Same formation, and largely unchanged for me, only forced change is LB, I think Clarke should play there, I think Thomas or Jennings should come in for Bailey, then Wilson or Cody for Ball. Hopefully some academy are on the bench and get some game time.

covcity4life

Same formation, and largely unchanged for me, only forced change is LB, I think Clarke should play there, I think Thomas or Jennings should come in for Bailey, then Wilson or Cody for Ball. Hopefully some academy are on the bench and get some game time.

so 3-4 changes really.

stupot07

Probably because Jeffers has been for 3-4 years and Philliskirk 3-4 months

Yep, I acknowledge that, but people don't rate Jeffers based on loan spells he had when he was 18 and 19 years old, yet philliskirk is a year older, been released by a team on our league and actually played less first team games in his career than Jeffers. Jeffers has scored 2 senior goals. Not sticking up for Jeffers but perhaps if we're willing to consider philliskirk, we should give Jeffers another year.

skybluegod

i would put lobjoit in to give him experience but only if he was fit like i said. clarke has played as centre back before but i would play christie there as that was his position in the academy.

as for mcdonald, go through all the threads and many people have posted similar but i take your point bour carsley not having him. but saying that thorn had him all last seasin and played 2 up front, how many games did he play. send him back to gillingham. by the way how many people have put him in the line up in this thread?

McDonald was injured most of last season. Also I didn't say we should start him but he should start over Jeffers. Just because they have played in a position doesn't mean they should play there. If you put Clarke or Christie at CB then it would take them a while to adjust then once they have adjusted they will move back to RB so it is just a waste

Users who are viewing this thread