Ten for £10 offer against Wycombe (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I thought cheap tickets would get thousands more up there?

giphy.gif

Well I'll be going. Might as well be the equivalent to an extra thousand alone that.

Grendel

And a "Nah" don't forget that.

But all joking aside, I genuinely wouldn't be able to find 9 other people as others have said. And I'm not teaming up with anyone on here as you can't post gifs in person.

Decent idea by the club though.

SBK has offered to join you

NortonSkyBlue

I applaud the club for putting an offer out and hope it is successful but I can't help thinking it's unlikely to induce many to forsake Christmas events or venture out in the cold.
It is clear that many won't go to watch the team they say they support under any circumstances nowadays and I find that sad.

robbiethemole

And a "Nah" don't forget that.

But all joking aside, I genuinely wouldn't be able to find 9 other people as others have said. And I'm not teaming up with anyone on here as you can't post gifs in person.

Decent idea by the club though.

the bastards, I've paid full "old git price" to go to my second game this season and they do this!!!! Hill, come on and go, we got the old seats again hahahah

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I applaud the club for putting an offer out and hope it is successful but I can't help thinking it's unlikely to induce many to forsake Christmas events or venture out in the cold.
It is clear that many won't go to watch the team they say they support under any circumstances nowadays and I find that sad.

But then again some myself included now spend our cash on the other teams we support.

The football club only have themselves to blame.

Generally Midfield

You are even replying to the same quote twice as well as cramming certain buzzwords into every post you have made today regardless how relevant.

Yep, desperate for income so just whack it down to a fiver for all when it's becoming clearer price isn't going to make much difference. That makes sense.

We are

I have been told that financially we are desperate for income and a lot of it and a recent event has put a cat right amongst the pigeons. As for £10 for ten tickets not against anything that helps the club especially financially, not sure of league rules and considering our ST holders but I would think a £5 per head on the day walk up price would be better or get a season ticket holder to bring a friend for a fiver for instance.

I hate posts like this. If someone knows something's going on they should just spit it out - wtf does "a recent event has put a cat amongst the pigeons mean"?

oucho

We are

I have been told that financially we are desperate for income and a lot of it and a recent event has put a cat right amongst the pigeons. As for £10 for ten tickets not against anything that helps the club especially financially, not sure of league rules and considering our ST holders but I would think a £5 per head on the day walk up price would be better or get a season ticket holder to bring a friend for a fiver for instance.

What recent event?

CCFC54321

I’d struggle to get 5 people interested to go even If i banged the CCFC drum 24 hours a day till kick off! I applaud the initiative but no way is that going to work.

I know a relative who has a season ticket and there not going anymore. Even there partner won’t go with the ticket.

Fucking sad sad times.

oucho

All you moaning gits can now pay £10 to see us play. You said price was the issue and if it was cheap there would be loads more there.

Hang on - lots of people including me having pointed out that the low crowds are bugger all to do with price, it's the fact that the market for watching us in the re-branded Division 4 is far more limited than it is if we were in higher divisions. Either that, or us and every League Two club, now and in the past, has charged too much and would have sold out their grounds for every game if we shaved a few quid off the admission fee....

Let's face it - they could offer free entrance and the Ricoh wouldn't be half full. The money men have done their work and know their customers; they know what crowds they'll get at the existing price model; they have modelled by how much that would change in terms of total ticket revenue and our F&B share if we tweaked the pricing offer upwards or downwards; they'll have come to the view that the current pricing is the optimum offer in terms of how much revenue it brings in. Put it up, and you have further drop in support but in a way that negates any impact from those still going who pay a few quid more; drop it down and you'll get a few more turn up, but not so many to make up for the revenue loss through the price reductions.

There is a rumour doing the rounds that they aimed for 9k-9k average gate this season and are obviously under-shooting that by 20%+, hence the rumours of a huge budget shortfall. But that's just all it is for now, rumours.

Londonccfcfan

Good gesture, decent idea but will it make much difference? How many groups of 6 or 10 are they possibly hoping this will encourage.

There will still be Cash turnstiles and some folk buying on the day..may not be thousands but may be in the 100s at least.
What’s stopping anyone buying batches of 10 for 10 quid each and selling them to the cash punters (discreetly as possible outside the cash turnstiles) for £15. Making himself £50 profit.

The club loses even more money as they lose a lot of walk up customers (who pay the tout 15quid rather than paying 26 quid.

oucho

Please can someone take a note, mental or otherwise, to ask TF or Dave Boddy at some point on how many bathes of 10 tickets were taken up?

ccfcway

I’d struggle to get 5 people interested to go even If i banged the CCFC drum 24 hours a day till kick off! I applaud the initiative but no way is that going to work.

I know a relative who has a season ticket and there not going anymore. Even there partner won’t go with the ticket.

Fucking sad sad times.

That's sad. Another season ticket holder lost next year then :(.

Its posts like this that get lost amongst the arguing on here. Everyone one who walks away makes our club smaller and smaller. We need to stem the tide.

Londonccfcfan

Agree it should have been just a flat rate

Its posts like this that get lost amongst the arguing on here. Everyone one who walks away makes our club smaller and smaller. We need to stem the tide.

One day they will all slowly but surely come back. The love never dies and at different stages of your life you rediscover the love.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Agree, I didn't renew this season, I was half expecting a phone call, email or questionnaire as to why not etc nothing.

Fair enough they may expect abuse from some but it shows how 'valued' you really are as a STH.

I feel for the genuine staff of the club as they're front facing/taking stick etc

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Agree it should have been just a flat rate

One day they will all slowly but surely come back. The love never dies and at different stages of your life you rediscover the love.

Even if we're sat at the bottom end of L2/L1 or even lower in a decade?

I'm not sure I think this club is massively damaged and would need some sort of double promotion to ignite people's flames slightly.

When I left school 10 years ago there was in my year 15ish STH I've kept in contact directly/indirectly with all of those and I was the last remaining STH (most gave up when we went down from Champ), most live in or around Cov still, some I see go to the odd home games and 4/5 away games a season, it's only a small sample size but to have 15 lads in their late 20's all lost and from the half dozen I speak to often none have any intention coming back anytime soon, should be a worry for the club!

Londonccfcfan

Even if we're sat at the bottom end of L2/L1 or even lower in a decade?

I'm not sure I think this club is massively damaged and would need some sort of double promotion to ignite people's flames slightly.

When I left school 10 years ago there was in my year 15ish STH I've kept in contact directly/indirectly with all of those and I was the last remaining STH (most gave up when we went down from Champ), most live in or around Cov still, some I see go to the odd home games and 4/5 away games a season, it's only a small sample size but to have 15 lads in their late 20's all lost and from the half dozen I speak to often none have any intention coming back anytime soon, should be a worry for the club!

I agree we have lost many fans. I’d go as far and say almost a lost generation now.

For example im in my mid forties now, so a lot Of my friends/cousins/relatives etc of a similar age who were season ticket holders or regulars at Highfield rd days early Ricoh days.... Who have slowly but surely stopped going (now all have kids who now support other teams) even though they dads still armchair support cov.

This is a lost generation.

I’m fortunate (use that word loosely)my son supports the team his dad does.

Supporting teams used to run in the family. No longer this case.

NortonSkyBlue

I agree we have lost many fans. I’d go as far and say almost a lost generation now.

For example im in my mid forties now, so a lot Of my friends/cousins/relatives etc of a similar age who were season ticket holders or regulars at Highfield rd days early Ricoh days.... Who have slowly but surely stopped going (now all have kids who now support other teams) even though they dads still armchair support cov.

This is a lost generation.

I’m fortunate (use that word loosely)my son supports the team his dad does.

Supporting teams used to run in the family. No longer this case.
All interesting points raised but these fans are out there. They are the 43000 at Wembley in April, the 28000 on the return to the Ricoh.
This happened at Wolves in the eighties, they came back once a new regime was in place, once they progressed.
The cycle we are in is dreadful but I don't for one moment think that fans won't return if there was something tangible for them to grasp on to.
I was part of an 8000 crowd at Chelsea in 94 10 days before their cup final and in 1966 Arsenal had a 4500 gate at home to Leeds.
As long as the club survives we will be back, as will I for the next five games!

oucho

As long as the club survives we will be back, as will I for the next five games!
Enjoy, it's a teeny weeny bit colder here than in Saudi at present.

Going to the Vale game on Boxing Day?

Otis

Fucking sad sad times.
It's amazing what 3 or 4 wins in a row could do though.

Football fans are fickle.

bawtryneal

Correct and rightly so.
It's not complicated. It's the same with any entertainment, whether it be a tv programme or restaurant or football team
If the entertainment or value for money is poor people stop going/ watching.
It's not 1972 any more when there was bugger all else to do for the working man.
It's also nothing to do with cost. £20, £22,£24 is not the issue. Get the entertainment and atmosphere value up and people will return.

clint van damme

that may be so, but we're talking about an offer that requires getting 10 people together on the Friday before Christmas, it's an impossible task.
If they had made it £10 per ticket I may have got one or two to go with me if lucky but trying to drag 10 people away from the warmth of their home/pub on what is traditionally one of the busiest nights of the year.

Ashdown

Good gesture, decent idea but will it make much difference? How many groups of 6 or 10 are they possibly hoping this will encourage.

There will still be Cash turnstiles and some folk buying on the day..may not be thousands but may be in the 100s at least.
What’s stopping anyone buying batches of 10 for 10 quid each and selling them to the cash punters (discreetly as possible outside the cash turnstiles) for £15. Making himself £50 profit.

The club loses even more money as they lose a lot of walk up customers (who pay the tout 15quid rather than paying 26 quid.
Yes they might miss out on Mr and Mrs Jones from Canley that night, that's about it !

ccfcway

All interesting points raised but these fans are out there. They are the 43000 at Wembley in April, the 28000 on the return to the Ricoh.
This happened at Wolves in the eighties, they came back once a new regime was in place, once they progressed.
The cycle we are in is dreadful but I don't for one moment think that fans won't return if there was something tangible for them to grasp on to.
I was part of an 8000 crowd at Chelsea in 94 10 days before their cup final and in 1966 Arsenal had a 4500 gate at home to Leeds.

good post !

comes to something that our glory games were against oxford and Gillingham

Users who are viewing this thread