Ten Points Deduction: Club Statement (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Coventry City Football Club looking forward to dialogue with Football League following points decision

Coventry City Football Club can confirm it will be taking up the invitation from the Football League to discuss its decision to deduct ten points from the Club.

The Club is disappointed by the decision but also understands the Football League’s course of action in accordance with its rules and regulations.

We welcome the offer for further dialogue which we hope to commence at the earliest available opportunity.

Coventry City Football Club has the right to appeal the decision within seven days and discussions have already started with regards to the Club's next official course of action.

The Football League board will further consider their position regarding the Club at their next meeting on April 11th, 2013.

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-280313-739264.aspx

dongonzalos

If it makes a difference to whether we get a new owner if not then hopefully the administrator will block any appeal

Last edited:

Mr T - Sukka!

Is it just me? But when i see statements now i dont see them as from CCFC.

But they look more like SISU statements. Are we losing some of our identity?

SonofErnie

Interesting that the statement this morning was CCFC holdings, now its Coventry City Football club. Has that got any significance ?

Paxman II

I wait to see the statement from the football league as to the basis of the points deduction.
Is it for the reason the two companies (Holdings and Ltd) are extricable linked? OR because crucially the 'Golden Share' lies with CCFC Ltd?

Sounds like SISU still debate this issue. The Operators of the football club (Holdings) are not in Admin remember.

So ACL got half their wish that backfired slightly. They now must take responsibility for the points deduction ending any hope of the play offs and may I remind them won't get their £1.3m back! Could this have waited till season's end? You now have a football club playing at the Ricoh without payment too till the end of season. They can not assist a 'sell on' as originally envisaged because to do that they would have needed control of the admin process appointing their administrator and in any case CCFC Ltd is not the football club.
Crucially to be able to affect anything further they will need to deal with the administrators debtors who are largely SISU. Equally though and Crucially where the golden share is, will determine the licence of the football club to operate. ACL have done what they thought best, scuppered our promotion hopes in the process and have no clear avenue as to whether they could ever get their hands on the club to sell on.
SISU were never going to let that happen and under 'Holdings' remain a solvent company.
The meetings SISU have now with the FL and a statement on April 11th will confirm it all one way or another. By that time we could have been in the playoffs.
Nothing to seemingly play for tomorrow now or remaining games so expect the attendances to drop. I don't think Compass and others will be very happy will they? I always thought the end game for ACL was a long shot.
Well one winner in all this could be Otis. His 14th place finish may end up being reality after all. I think he knew all along....we best start sending him hate messages. ;)

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Our wretched home form killed the playoff hopes before this, the deduction is just skullfucking the corpse.

Paxman II

Our wretched home form killed the playoff hopes before this, the deduction is just skullfucking the corpse.

When this process started by ACL they were definitely not scuppered and frankly still an outside chance. (Though not now of course unless the league are forced to reverse the action)

Hugh Jarse

playoffs dream are over well done to the tos@ers Coventry city have as owners.

Did you seriously think we were capable? I think we are relatively safe from relegation so let's take the penalty now and re-group and see what next season brings.

Bluegloucester

I wait to see the statement from the football league as to the basis of the points deduction.
Is it for the reason the two companies (Holdings and Ltd) are extricable linked? OR because crucially the 'Golden Share' lies with CCFC Ltd?

Sounds like SISU still debate this issue. The Operators of the football club (Holdings) are not in Admin remember.

So ACL got half their wish that backfired slightly. They now must take responsibility for the points deduction ending any hope of the play offs and may I remind them won't get their £1.3m back! Could this have waited till season's end? You now have a football club playing at the Ricoh without payment too till the end of season. They can not assist a 'sell on' as originally envisaged because to do that they would have needed control of the admin process appointing their administrator and in any case CCFC Ltd is not the football club.
Crucially to be able to affect anything further they will need to deal with the administrators debtors who are largely SISU. Equally though and Crucially where the golden share is, will determine the licence of the football club to operate. ACL have done what they thought best, scuppered our promotion hopes in the process and have no clear avenue as to whether they could ever get their hands on the club to sell on.
SISU were never going to let that happen and under 'Holdings' remain a solvent company.
The meetings SISU have now with the FL and a statement on April 11th will confirm it all one way or another.
Let's wait for FL to decide who operates the club, it appears they are erring towards CCFC Ltd, hence the -10 points.

psgm1

Banned
What is wrong with the sisu defenders?

ACL were being paid by the organisation they put in admin - they COULD NOT put holding group in admin - SISU MADE SURE OF THAT!!!

Its like having a virgin mobile phone. To you its virgin to me its virgin, but legally its virgin mobile - not virgin media group!

How is this difficult to understand?

SiSU couldn't move the share to the holding company, because FL rules meant they would have had to publicise the move!

No doubt ACL would have pulled the plug way back then rather than now!

SiSU are the bad guys here!

For all those sisu deniers - try using your brain BEFORE posting!

You cannot put a company in admin that DOES NOT OWE YOU MONEY!

It they could - THEY WOULD!!!

SISU ARE THE BAD GUYS!

STOP DEFENDING THE UNDEFENDABLE!

Don't forget any additional points will be because the company refuses to agree a CVA - guess who are the ONLY people possible of refusing.

You guessed it - the scum that are SiSU!!!

Way to go sisu - unbelievable you get a club with £30 mill of debt, sell all the players of value, spend the proceeds of a gift of a £6million company from Ray Ranson and STILL put the club in a worse position than when you arrived!

So when I believed sisu was being used as a sinkhole - and idiots like Oldskyblue coming out saying sisu couldn't possibly use the club as a sink hole were just plain WRONG!

Why else have the ricoh - to try and hide the losses even deeper - they wanted in effect to lumber not just the fans of the club, but ALL the taxpayers of coventry with their debts!

and STILL people defend SISU

Some people have forgotten they are supposed to be CCFC supporters not HEDGE fund supporters!

SkyBlueHomer

anyone a little concerned by the wording of the statement? If we appeal can we a furthter points deduction.

May be wrong but sounds is if they are going to try it on

Paxman II

psgm I don't defend SISU in all this and I don't defend ACL either.

They are both culpable.

But you need to take away your empathy and sentiment for the football club for a moment and base you reasoning on the legal arguments.
Like SISU or not would you stand by and allow ACL to try and ruin your chances of something you have a lot invested in? Unfortunately for us they will fight that all the way, so would I.

The culprits are both of them who have equally taken actions that could have been avoided. They both must take responsibility for where we are today quite frankly.

torchomatic

Fingers crossed we get a bigger points deduction, eh? :facepalm:

If it makes a difference to whether we get a new owner if not then hopefully the administrator will block any appeal

Grendel

It won't make any difference - their are no new owners.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
"So when I believed sisu was being used as a sinkhole - and idiots like Oldskyblue coming out saying sisu couldn't possibly use the club as a sink hole were just plain WRONG!"

I dont believe i ever did........

so go on then explain in detail exactly what it is they have done and how, in a way that actually works with what we actually know, psgm1

here is your big chance to impress us for once

enlighten us

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

"So when I believed sisu was being used as a sinkhole - and idiots like Oldskyblue coming out saying sisu couldn't possibly use the club as a sink hole were just plain WRONG!"

so go on then explain in detail exactly what it is they have done and how, in a way that actually works with what we actually know, psgm1

enlighten us

Wouldn't hold your breath OSB...

Brighton Sky Blue

Fingers crossed we get a bigger points deduction, eh? :facepalm:

It also puts a major dent in us finishing in the top half, and with it Astute's betting profits going towards my charity. Another thing to be eternally thankful to SISU for.

stupot07

We'll see. If its 10p in the pound then pretty cheap. Time will tell, but to say there will never be new owners is mental.

Yep, problem is ACL reportedly want £44m, plus they expect the buyer to redevelop land plus the fans will expect them to invest in the squad. This Americans worth £157m, he'd blow a third of that upfront buying the club and ACL.

procdoc

Yep, problem is ACL reportedly want £44m, plus they expect the buyer to redevelop land plus the fans will expect them to invest in the squad. This Americans worth £157m, he'd blow a third of that upfront buying the club and ACL.

There is always the possibility the American could have other investors on board, should it materialise

stupot07

There is always the possibility the American could have other investors on board, should it materialise

True - I think there will be new owners, but can't see it happening that quickly, infact it wouldn't surprise me if we were still on admin for part of next season.

J

Jack Griffin

enlighten us

You actually read his post! I didn't want to waste the time.

Users who are viewing this thread