ten years and 5 years for hit and run (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Drunk behind the wheel
Car Jacking
Attempted Robbery
Knives
Killing an innocent person

It's nowhere near enough for all of that.

hill83

"five years and nine months for causing Mr Price’s death"

That is absolutely fucking ridiculous. And why handing himself in has any bearing at all is baffling.

"Lukas Hamilton Eddy, for Fawkner, said handing himself in showed ‘a desire to take responsibility for his part in the events of that night."

Well done dickhead. Fuck off.

CJ_covblaze

Scumbags like this need locking up for good. All too often sentences that are handed out are a disgrace. Particularly for driving related incidents.

Otis

"five years and nine months for causing Mr Price’s death"

That is absolutely fucking ridiculous. And why handing himself in has any bearing at all is baffling.

"Lukas Hamilton Eddy, for Fawkner, said handing himself in showed ‘a desire to take responsibility for his part in the events of that night."

Well done dickhead. Fuck off.
Should be at least double that.

And I think they ONLY hand themselves in for the reason of trying to achieve a more lenient sentence and it has nothing to do with conscience. Not for everyone of course, but I'm sure the majority do so in these sorts of cases.

Sky Blue Pete

I think we are going down a different route than so many other countries and it won’t improve things for society and all your thinking is asking for more vengeance and tougher sentences etc, especially the whole raft of crimes you all want to have a life sentence. And for there to be no parole or any situations that can be made better by admitting it or handing yourself in or making recompense or turning your life around etc etc.

It’s almost like one strike and your out. Someone on here was saying they wanted the 3 crimes and then life earlier.

Prison reform trust statement today

UK has highest number of life sentence prisoners in Europe, study finds

We so need some joined up thinking in education, society, justice, rehabilitation etc etc

Grendel

I think we are going down a different route than so many other countries and it won’t improve things for society and all your thinking is asking for more vengeance and tougher sentences etc, especially the whole raft of crimes you all want to have a life sentence. And for there to be no parole or any situations that can be made better by admitting it or handing yourself in or making recompense or turning your life around etc etc.

It’s almost like one strike and your out. Someone on here was saying they wanted the 3 crimes and then life earlier.

Prison reform trust statement today

UK has highest number of life sentence prisoners in Europe, study finds

We so need some joined up thinking in education, society, justice, rehabilitation etc etc

No doubt you will be happy that David McGreavy is soon to be walking the streets again as he is now a model citizen

Sky Blue Pete

No doubt you will be happy that David McGreavy is soon to be walking the streets again as he is now a model citizen
I don’t know but I like evidence based theory not classic fear mongering and blame culture with a mix of vengeance and hatred and racism or nationalism thrown in

Look at New Zealand and Norway and Finland etc there is another way that involves a maturing society

Grendel

I don’t know but I like evidence based theory not classic fear mongering and blame culture with a mix of vengeance and hatred and racism or nationalism thrown in

Look at New Zealand and Norway and Finland etc there is another way that involves a maturing society

You don’t know. You’d like Mr Mgreavy next door to you would you?

Sky Blue Pete

Wow what a hideous story. Such barbaric animalistic behaviour for which he’s spent 40 years in prison. Enough? In a very real way for what he did nothing would be enough including being out to death in as hideous way as he cruelly took the lives of those children at the time I was a baby. I have nothing for you as an answer Grendel. I believe in restoration the only thing he can do is something constructive with the rest of his life. It’s unlikely he would be able to live just anywhere on his release from prison but you do realise that many many people leave prison on a daily basis and live very ordinary constructive lives. What would you do if he lived next to you. Murder him

Grendel

Wow what a hideous story. Such barbaric animalistic behaviour for which he’s spent 40 years in prison. Enough? In a very real way for what he did nothing would be enough including being out to death in as hideous way as he cruelly took the lives of those children at the time I was a baby. I have nothing for you as an answer Grendel. I believe in restoration the only thing he can do is something constructive with the rest of his life. It’s unlikely he would be able to live just anywhere on his release from prison but you do realise that many many people leave prison on a daily basis and live very ordinary constructive lives. What would you do if he lived next to you. Murder him

If I had my way he’d have been killed 40 years ago

covcity4life

Pathetic. This leniency will just lead to less criminals being detered.

Vigilante revenge will start happening st some point. Wait for them to get out and give them life sentence then

Sort it out government.

Sky Blue Pete

Pathetic. This leniency will just lead to less criminals being detered.

Vigilante revenge will start happening st some point. Wait for them to get out and give them life sentence then

Sort it out government.
Please read the evidence. Death sentence does not act as deterrent neither does life. I get that they are not a danger to society while locked away of course. There are better ways to function

clint van damme

Please read the evidence. Death sentence does not act as deterrent neither does life. I get that they are not a danger to society while locked away of course. There are better ways to function

I think sending people to prison should serve 3 purposes.
Punishment for the offender.
Justice being seen to be done for the victim and their family.
Rehabilitation for the offender so they contribute to society on release.

I don't think we are achieving this in this country at the moment though I don't have the answers.
I agree the death penalty doesn't act as a deterrent, you only have to look at the States to see that.
I did read somewhere that some of the States with the highest number of executions also have some of the highest crime rates but also some of the highest illiteracy rates so maybe education is a key part of it.

Sky Blue Pete

I think sending people to prison should serve 3 purposes.
Punishment for the offender.
Justice being seen to be done for the victim and their family.
Rehabilitation for the offender so they contribute to society on release.

I don't think we are achieving this in this country at the moment though I don't have the answers.
I agree the death penalty doesn't act as a deterrent, you only have to look at the States to see that.
I did read somewhere that some of the States with the highest number of executions also have some of the highest crime rates but also some of the highest illiteracy rates so maybe education is a key part of it.
Yep I agree with all 3 of those and am happy that we are struggling with all 3 not just the last one.

Sky Blue Pete

Longer the better though right? You agree with that?
I suppose the appropriate length with is really sitting on the fence. Clint hits the nail on the head about prison serving 3 separate services. Having some personal experience of prison it’s the loss of hope that is the biggest punishment. Reading the Mum of the case Grendel refers to how can any punishment match that crime? Or give justice to he family. That’s before going to the rehabilitation part of the three. I’ve no answers but vengeance and hatred seem beneath us

Otis

The saddest part of this whole story is that the victim was on his way to his dad's funeral that day.

How much hurt must that have brought the family?

Awful.

Users who are viewing this thread