Tesco parking (3 Viewers)

harvey098

I’ve occasionally been parking at Tesco this season for the games and at the start I was spending £50 in the shops, as apparently needed, however after a few games I realised no one was asking to see proof of the spending so I stopped spending the £50.

A mate of mine told me he got done for parking there. Has anyone else had letters through this season?

(My worry is that we moved house recently and I’m positive I updated my address with DVLA etc but now worried the letters have been going to my old address somehow)

skybluelee

I had a letter earlier this season. Luckily I had receipts for the £50. Its the only one I've ever received despite parking there on matchdays many times.

Viktor17

Ive just completed my 3rd season of parking there with no letter/fine. Think it's very sporadic.

However its becoming quite a nightmare parking there now with increased crowds.

SHUNT31

Parked at Tesco since our return and not once had a letter/fine. I have always bought a £50 voucher though just in case.

Reactions: vow

ms639

Parked there pretty much every game, only time I got a ticket was at the Leicester game and that was because we stuck around in the anecdite for hours after and I overstayed the time allowed in the car park. Didn't buy anything for £50 all year

edgy

Used it twice this year. Fuel is counted as the £50 spend needed, so just fill up and park. Didnt have a letter on either occasion though.

Tile Hill Phil

Parked there pretty much every game, only time I got a ticket was at the Leicester game and that was because we stuck around in the anecdite for hours after and I overstayed the time allowed in the car park. Didn't buy anything for £50 all year
How much is the fine if you haven’t spent £50

Hobo

People moaning about car parking fees and are then spending £50 to obtain free parking, really? I park on the street and take a 20 minute walk, good for my health.

ovduk78

We parked twice at Tescos & spent £50 both times but never got a ticket. Someone told me that you can park at Burger King for 5 hours.

ms639

How much is the fine if you haven’t spent £50
It wasn't a fine for not spending £50 it was because I was parked in the car park for like 7 hours, if I have been a genuine shopper I probably would still have got that fine. Think it was £60

ccfcricoh

People moaning about car parking fees and are then spending £50 to obtain free parking, really? I park on the street and take a 20 minute walk, good for my health.
im also a park and walk for free one, but its quite easy to spend £50 up there that you would spend anyway, fuel, food etc, so it kind of is free parking!

McLovin87

I reckon if you've received a ticket it will be someone has spotted you probably getting out of the car and heading to the Arena, it wouldn't be the cameras picking up your number plate.

Last season I stopped on the diagonal lines in front of PC World to quickly jump out and give my mate a pair of tickets I had bought for him, I spoke to him for about 1 min and got back in the car and parked it up properly.

While I was talking some little shit must have crept up and took a photo, I got hit with a PCN but thought fuck it I'll go through the appeals process which took about 4 months. I lost the appeal but I got my money back when I made a complaint that they had pressed the button early on passing the charge on to a debt collection agency and I received a couple of letters off them!

It was a Bank Holiday weekend and I had until Friday 12:00am to put my appeal in so I sent at about 11:59pm but some twat had contacted the Debt Collection in the afternoon and that's why I received the letters.

I bombarded them with photos, google maps info and asked for contracts, I was going to make them earn the money they wanted off me, on the PCN it said they were members of the BPA (British Parking Association) so I contacted them for some info. They weren't even in the BPA, their membership had ran out, they got bollocked for that!

At the end of the day they are just a bunch of bandits but I could sense the bloke I was contacting about the appeals was getting more and more pissed off as I dragged it out.

SHUNT31

Buy a Tesco voucher and use it on either fuel or food shop when I get home. It’s free parking.

Saves me £10-£15 a game, 23 games a year. Considering I drive from Norfolk each game at a cost of £25, it certainly makes a difference. 2 hour drive each way, haven’t really got spare time to park and walk.

torchomatic

I park at Finbarrs for a fiver. 15 minute walk each way, so bit of exercise. A lot easier to get out of than Tescos after a game, though there are still queues on occasions.

TewkesburySkyBlue

I’ve occasionally been parking at Tesco this season for the games and at the start I was spending £50 in the shops, as apparently needed, however after a few games I realised no one was asking to see proof of the spending so I stopped spending the £50.

A mate of mine told me he got done for parking there. Has anyone else had letters through this season?

(My worry is that we moved house recently and I’m positive I updated my address with DVLA etc but now worried the letters have been going to my old address somehow)
It’s ok

Saddlebrains

And these selfish, inconsiderate shoppers doing their shopping on match days aren't helping

You may joke but i honestly cant comprehend why people do.

Its been there nearly 20 years. Its well known across all.of Coventry amd Warwickshire as 'Ricoh Tesco'

So why would anyone go 'I know, il go do my weekly shop at 2pm on a Saturday'

Dickheads

stevefloyd

Try parking further away....even better for your health 😉

Tommo1993

Tbf as silly an idea as it is to go at that time, to grumble at shoppers for daring to park in a designated car park because you’d rather more space for football spectators - is very very weird.

Hobo

Try parking further away....even better for your health 😉

I have thought about that and might do it next season. But I do like a power walk back to catch the BBC CWR round up. That would be the only downside to parking further away.

fatso

You may joke but i honestly cant comprehend why people do.

Its been there nearly 20 years. Its well known across all.of Coventry amd Warwickshire as 'Ricoh Tesco'

So why would anyone go 'I know, il go do my weekly shop at 2pm on a Saturday'

Dickheads
Perhaps it's full of people buying £50 worth of sky blue flares for the free parking.

Potbellypig

I have parked there about 10 times this season and always just bought a £50 voucher in case. Not had a ticket come through asking for proof yet though. These days is that it's taken between 3 minutes to an hour to get out of there, but there are definitely better places to park, if you keep your eye out.
On that note, I had a fine come through for not registering my car details when you got free parking for the JSB training session last month. The club agreed to cancel it for the cut price deal of £12.71+VAT. Nice one - let me know when you want my season ticket money please.

SBbucks

I have thought about that and might do it next season. But I do like a power walk back to catch the BBC CWR round up. That would be the only downside to parking further away.

Listen on BBC Sounds on the walk back, stop and start it at your convenience.

Users who are viewing this thread