Tesco parking (4 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

Has anyone had a parking ticket on the road this season.
Used to see the traffic wardens not seen any for a while.

Need to ask the highways agency and council whether there has been a change in parking restrictions and if so why hasn't it been publisised.

letsallsingtogether

According to CCC's website the aim of the Ricoh Arena Residents' Parking Scheme is:

"...to make sure there are no parking problems on major event days, where more than 10,000 people are expected at the Arena."

The implication of the above is that the scheme should not be being operated when less than 10,000 people are expected. Of course, there is no information on the web about how it is determined whether more than 10,000 people are expected (does an individual at the council just guess, does the council ask ACL how many people are expected, does it ask the club).

All of the legal particulars about the scheme should be shown in the Traffic Regulation Order for it (a legal document drafted by CCC). The Traffic Regulation Order for the scheme doesn't seem to be available on-line, if someone was particularly interested they could make a FOI request to get a copy of the Traffic Regulation Order. Personally, I suspect it might make interesting reading as I have a feeling that the scheme is being operated beyond the parameters set.

Regards enforcement of parking restrictions at Tesco, something that hasn't been mentioned yet is the possibility of a planning restriction. It might be that parking in the shopping centre's car park is subject to some timelimit as a result of planning constraint (the intention of which was to force motorists to use the Arena's car park that was owned by...).
lots of places have a 2 hour parking policy even the Moterway services have them.

Nick

Administrator
There is that car park on Blackberry Lane in Ash Green, 10 minute walk away.

Some people park there in the summer for free, dont think id park there at a night game.

eastwoodsdustman

Since I found that the residents parking scheme only kicks in if there are 10k plus crowds I've been parking in the streets around the ground on the basis that I'll argue any tickets easily enough. The council website clearly states about the 10K plus crowds so I reckon you've got a very good reason to argue and nullify and ticket you get. It up to you though!

Nick

Administrator
Since I found that the residents parking scheme only kicks in if there are 10k plus crowds I've been parking in the streets around the ground on the basis that I'll argue any tickets easily enough. The council website clearly states about the 10K plus crowds so I reckon you've got a very good reason to argue and nullify and ticket you get. It up to you though!

I thought about doing that, but it;s mostly main roads that are easy for me.

Have you had any tickets?

Nick

Administrator
Gas out of your ass.

giphy.gif

Frankley

Has anyone had a parking ticket on the road this season.
Used to see the traffic wardens not seen any for a while.

Need to ask the highways agency and council whether there has been a change in parking restrictions and if so why hasn't it been publisised.

You wouldn't have seen a 'Traffic Warden' in Coventry for several years... this is because Coventry no longer has Traffic Wardens, it has Civil Enforcement Officers.

I wouldn't bother trying to contact the Highways Agency if I were you... it ceased to exist in 2015 (not that any parking query regarding the area around the Ricoh would have much to do with it anyway... unless you're suggesting people park on the M6).

Frankley

I understand your reasoning, but the information on the council's website suggests you may still get a PCN that you can't successfully contest. The website says the Residents' Parking Scheme aims:

"...to make sure there are no parking problems on major event days, where more than 10,000 people are expected at the Arena."

Note the use of the word 'expected'. The council can claim it expected more than 10,000 even when the actual gate is less.

Really people need to access the Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) for the scheme - this document is supposed to set out the legalities of the scheme in an unambiguous way. The TRO isn't online, so someone would need to contact the council to request a copy.

chiefdave

Note the use of the word 'expected'. The council can claim it expected more than 10,000 even when the actual gate is less.
Given that's only happened twice this season, once by 296 and again by 22, and hasn't happened at all since August I can't see them being able to justify that claim if someone wanted to argue it in court.

Frankley

Given that's only happened twice this season, once by 296 and again by 22, and hasn't happened at all since August I can't see them being able to justify that claim if someone wanted to argue it in court.

Problem is that as it is a decriminalised parking contravention it doesn't go to court. PCN recipients can make a representation to the council, if that's rejected they can make an appeal to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal.

Gaz71

I had a reply from POPLA who deal with parking fine appeals, they have said my appeal was unsuccessful because I didn't have a receipt for goods over £50 and that the £100 fine for overstaying by 18 minutes was issued correctly, they have advised me to pay the fine.
Anyone got a shopping receipt from 27th September for over £50 from Tesco Arena please?

Otis

I had a reply from POPLA who deal with parking fine appeals, they have said my appeal was unsuccessful because I didn't have a receipt for goods over £50 and that the £100 fine for overstaying by 18 minutes was issued correctly, they have advised me to pay the fine.
Anyone got a shopping receipt from 27th September for over £50 from Tesco Arena please?
Good luck.

chiefdave

that the £100 fine for overstaying by 18 minutes
Isn't there something about the fine having to be a reasonable amount in terms of 'losses' suffered by the landowner by you overstaying? Not sure I would class £100 for 18 mins as reasonable.

Frankley

Isn't there something about the fine having to be a reasonable amount in terms of 'losses' suffered by the landowner by you overstaying? Not sure I would class £100 for 18 mins as reasonable.

The 'fine' has to be proportionate - I'd say that £100 for an 18 minute overstay is on the outer limits of what I'd consider 'proportionate'.

chiefdave

Also how long did you have to queue to get out of the car park? Lets say you were a genuine shopper and were there for under two hours but ended up with an 18 minute overstay queuing to get out of the car park because of football traffic how would that work? You wouldn't be able to produce a receipt for over £50 so presumably you'd be fined.

stupot07

Also how long did you have to queue to get out of the car park? Lets say you were a genuine shopper and were there for under two hours but ended up with an 18 minute overstay queuing to get out of the car park because of football traffic how would that work? You wouldn't be able to produce a receipt for over £50 so presumably you'd be fined.
I went shopping on a wasps matchday, and got caught getting out. Took 1 hr 30 mins to get out the car park, to say I was pissed off is an understatement.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Gentleman

I went shopping on a wasps matchday, and got caught getting out. Took 1 hr 30 mins to get out the car park, to say I was pissed off is an understatement.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bullshit.......you went the game you liar. Always knew you were a closet Wasps lover!

letsallsingtogether

You wouldn't have seen a 'Traffic Warden' in Coventry for several years... this is because Coventry no longer has Traffic Wardens, it has Civil Enforcement Officers.

I wouldn't bother trying to contact the Highways Agency if I were you... it ceased to exist in 2015 (not that any parking query regarding the area around the Ricoh would have much to do with it anyway... unless you're suggesting people park on the M6).
Ooooooooo OK smarty pants I bow to your superior intelligence.
Traffic warden enforcement officer who actually cares what they are called., you would have to be desperate to do such a shitty job.
so the highway agency ceased to exist in 2015 as with traffic wardens all they did was change the name.
All I was saying was park on the road, I do it every game.

Grendel

A woman took a company to court to appeal an £85 one and was two seconds over the time but the courts ruled against her.

letsallsingtogether

A woman took a company to court to appeal an £85 one and was two seconds over the time but the courts ruled against her.
Thing is I cross the road there every game.
Tuesday nights must be Tescos busiest shopping night must have been at least 100 cars coming out.
Just wonder whether they all make it within the 2 hours?
Same after every game doesn't seem to put anyone off.
Not having a pop by the way but surely they can't all make it in the allocated time, one fine would pay for your parking all season at an off site carpark.
Don't know why they bother takes an age to get out, unless you leave early or run to the car sod that to fucking old.

Grendel

Thing is I cross the road there every game.
Tuesday nights must be Tescos busiest shopping night must have been at least 100 cars coming out.
Just wonder whether they all make it within the 2 hours?
Same after every game doesn't seem to put anyone off.
Not having a pop by the way but surely they can't all make it in the allocated time, one fine would pay for your parking all season at an off site carpark.
Don't know why they bother takes an age to get out, unless you leave early or run to the car sod that to fucking old.

It was pretty easy to get into for the Oxford game. I suspect they only look at people going into the place at say 7.30 and those coming out up to 10 - 10-10.15

I am pretty certain this is very targeted. There were a fair few Oxford fans parking there - would be interested to see if they got fined as well.

Grendel

I parked for the Oxford and Rochdale games and to be honest having read the stuff on here if I was fined I'd have just paid the £60.

Technically you should have appealed to the company not the agency but those terms are on the website so you could plead ignorance. You may try paying the £60 and claim you just believed an appeal had to go straight to the ombudsmen.

Just to vent a bit I'd also write to tescos and say you are a long serving customer and will never shop again there. I've done that even though I've not had a fine and I'd urge everyone to do the same.

I'm convinced this is targeted at ccfc fans and is totally unnecessary.

Frankley

Ooooooooo OK smarty pants I bow to your superior intelligence.
Traffic warden enforcement officer who actually cares what they are called., you would have to be desperate to do such a shitty job.
so the highway agency ceased to exist in 2015 as with traffic wardens all they did was change the name.
All I was saying was park on the road, I do it every game.

Who cares? I do, because I already knew you were a bullshi**er and now I've proved it.

Oh... and Traffic Wardens and CEOs aren't the same and the Highways Agency didn't just change it's name.

Dickh**d!

wingy

Who cares? I do, because I already knew you were a bullshi**er and now I've proved it.

Oh... and Traffic Wardens and CEOs aren't the same and the Highways Agency didn't just change it's name.

Dickh**d!
Nope... he was talking cr*p as usual and this time I was in a position to call him on it.

What desk?

A**hole!
Have you omitted from taking your HRT medication this month.
Calm down and stop being poisonous!

wingy

Wingy, no disrespect to you but the two posters I responded to have been acting like a couple of idiots towards me.
Same here.
I shouldn't have been condescending either, just you obviously have knowledge of the procedures here, but delivery is a little, well condescending. :)

Frankley

Same here.
I shouldn't have been condescending either, just you obviously have knowledge of the procedures here, but delivery is a little, well condescending. :)

This isn't the only thread they've acted like this towards me on.

letsallsingtogether

This isn't the only thread they've acted like this towards me on.
Ooohhhh
Don't you'll make me cry.
You have been a member since August and we have been picking on you?
You hardly post as it takes you a week to get it checked over.
Next time throw it over the fence don't wait until visiting day.;)

Users who are viewing this thread