Thank You SISU (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

'Thank you SISU' - We are all judged by results in life and facts - The facts speak for itself as below is the league table as it stood when Mark Robins bowed out and you failed keep him as well as mcgoldrick - We were 8 points behind the leaders and firing on all cylinders playing attractive football and scoring goals for fun with teams looking at the fixture list thinking 'Cov' hard game' and the top teams looking over their shoulder with Cov the form team in the league bearing down on them fast
Not going to bore people with the situation now on and off the pitch as facts speak for themselves but today we are now an unattractive team that will be lucky to escape relegation next season and going nowhere and please admit you are going to sell our best players and replace with youngsters

Think back to when we thrashed walsall at home 5-1 with a top manager in charge and then lose 4-0 to the same team a few months later with a disgraceful performance and the new manager unbelievably coming up with positives ater the game? just shows how far we have fallen
Make as many excuses and blame who ever you want the table never lies

League Table Febuary the week Mark Robins departed

(1)Swindon Town 58
(2)Bournemouth 58
(3)Doncaster 58
(4)Sheffield United 57
(5)Yeovil Town 57
(6)Tranmere 56
(7)Brentford 54
(8)Coventry City 50

Ashdown1

Robins did a great job, that's for sure. Gave me my best few months following City for a good few years. The rest has been a catalogue of disaster off the pitch and mediocrity on it !! The club needs new owners and new impetus or expect Pressley playing a team full of youth players next year and us being bullied every week, finishing somewhere just below mid table!

WillieStanley

'Thank you SISU' - We are all judged by results in life and facts - The facts speak for itself as below is the league table as it stood when Mark Robins bowed out and you failed keep him as well as mcgoldrick - We were 8 points behind the leaders and firing on all cylinders playing attractive football and scoring goals for fun with teams looking at the fixture list thinking 'Cov' hard game' and the top teams looking over their shoulder with Cov the form team in the league bearing down on them fast
Not going to bore people with the situation now on and off the pitch as facts speak for themselves but today we are now an unattractive team that will be lucky to escape relegation next season and going nowhere and please admit you are going to sell our best players and replace with youngsters

Think back to when we thrashed walsall at home 5-1 with a top manager in charge and then lose 4-0 to the same team a few months later with a disgraceful performance and the new manager unbelievably coming up with positives ater the game? just shows how far we have fallen

(1)Swindon Town 58
(2)Bournemouth 58
(3)Doncaster 58
(4)Sheffield United 57
(5)Yeovil Town 57
(6)Tranmere 56
(7)Brentford 54
(8)Coventry City 50

It's good to let it all out, so fair play to you. It's a shame it's not as simple as that and there are so many facts we will not find out for years to come if at all which have contributed to the situation we are now in.

J

Jack Griffin

Looks like Robins will survive in the Championship with Huddersfield.

3 teams below them (Weds, Posh, Barnsley) have to win their last game and Millwall have to get 2 points from their last 2 games and Huddersfield have to lose their last match for them to drop..

Barnsley play Huddersfield for their last game, so that will be a bit tense if things are going against Huddersfield.

The chicken boys will be OK, because of their goal difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

stupot07

Even without the deduction we'd have been 13th 9 points of play offs. The truth is, even as good as the form was under robins, we never managed to go on and 5-6 game winning streak we needed to, to breach the top 6.

Oh and we'd stopped scoring for fun after mcgoldrick left. We'd averaged 2 goals per game under robins whilst mcgoldrick was here and only 1.16 per game after he left.

Last edited:

psgm1

Banned
You seem to forget that the form started to drop the game after Dm left!

NOTHING TO DO WITH ROBINS WHATSOEVER!

Nonleagueherewecome

To the OP: you spelt "fuck" wrong.

covboy1987

Even without the deduction we'd have been 13th 9 points of play offs. The truth is, even as good as the form was under robins, we never managed to go on and 5-6 game winning streak we needed to, to breach the top 6.

Oh and we'd stopped scoring for fun after mcgoldrick left. We'd averaged 2 goals per game under robins whilst mcgoldrick was here and only 1.16 per game after he left.

Point was that wanted to keep Robins and mcgoldrick and i am sure we would have gone up SISU who are supposed to be investments experts but let mcgoldrick and Robins both go. I would have matched the £10,000 a week that mcgoldrick wanted and i would have also tripled Mark Robbins wages like Huddersfield done or made him an offer he could not refuse as promotion to the championship and the extra revenue created along the way with 25,000+ crowds would have easily made the extra wages affordable-Rose tinted glasses springs to mind and makes a mockey of SISU being investment experts

Nonleagueherewecome

Point was that wanted to keep Robins and mcgoldrick and i am sure we would have gone up SISU who are supposed to be investments experts but let mcgoldrick and Robins both go. I would have matched the £10,000 a week that mcgoldrick wanted and i would have also tripled Mark Robbins wages like Huddersfield done or made him an offer he could not refuse as promotion to the championship and the extra revenue created along the way with 25,000+ crowds would have easily made the extra wages affordable-Rose tinted glasses springs to mind and makes a mockey of SISU being investment experts

They're not that type of investor, though: Hedge Funds don't speculate to accumulate. They buy or get loss-making companies for free, cut back all costs to the ultimate degree and sell on with the illusion of "break even/profit making", even if the base value of that company is drastically reduced.

They also don't understand football!

stupot07

Feck me 25k+ crowds.....have you been drinking?? :eek:

We couldn't afford mcgoldricks wages, we were paying £2k per week for him, ipswich offered to pay the whole £10k and give him an opportunity to sign with a view to a permanent deal and ply his trade in the championship.

Not only could we not afford to pay him that we would have been put under an embargo in January and not be able to sign blair Adams, extend baileys loan, or brought in Dickinson an Stewart in as cover.

Mucca Mad Boys

(1)Swindon Town 58
(2)Bournemouth 58
(3)Doncaster 58
(4)Sheffield United 57
(5)Yeovil Town 57
(6)Tranmere 56
(7)Brentford 54
(8)Coventry City 50

Not resigning McG was not a failure of SISU, realistically, he wasn't going to stay as he had a host of championship teams after him and could offer money we, or no one else in our league could afford, without putting the financial stability of the club at risk. Anyway, we signed Clarke who has been just as influential t our form and has probably won us more points, albeit McG is hands down better and more beneficial to the team. Robins got offered 3x his wage, in a higher league, what were SISU, or any owner, supposed todo to keep him? Again, without financially destabilising the club. Robins and McG left because they wanted to, more money, higher standard, who could blame them? Bitter as I was, I can't blame them. Robins only left for money, and this 'assurances' excuse is only an excuse for is departure, he looked at his paycheck, compared it to the offer, and took the superior offer.

Actually, since 2013, are form was very inconsistent, winning then losing. Overall, we were in decline if anything.

Regarding transfers, I think is completely unjust, they backed Thorn who failed with a "handpicked squad", Robins was backed considerably, we kept 3 of the 'big 4' which was realistic as well as signing Clarke.

Walsall when we beat the, 5-1 hadn't won in 14 games, when they beat us, they were the best team in the league in terms of points won. Hardly blame SISU for that? It was a disappointing lost, prior to the red card and second goal, I don't think we were playing decent, again, the only thing I thought was missing was a striker (I mean a good one).

I think when Clarke got injured, was the moment our season evaporated, in the games I seen, I thought that was the only thing that was missing, I felt we created the chances and had enough possession to win games, just we didn't have that clincallity Leon had. IMO, of course.

covboy1987

Feck me 25k+ crowds.....have you been drinking?? :eek:

We couldn't afford mcgoldricks wages, we were paying £2k per week for him, ipswich offered to pay the whole £10k and give him an opportunity to sign with a view to a permanent deal and ply his trade in the championship.

Not only could we not afford to pay him that we would have been put under an embargo in January and not be able to sign blair Adams, extend baileys loan, or brought in Dickinson an Stewart in as cover.

25,000+ crowds would have been a easily a reality if we had kept the momentum up and climbed into the top 3 we got 32,500 for a tin pot cup took 5000 fans to MK game why not 25,000 + for a promotion bound team as we have seen it many times over the years a hint of success and we pull the crowds in

Users who are viewing this thread