Thanks for the arena snow clearance - with one exception... (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueAde

Just wanted to thank all the staff who assisted in getting the snow cleared ready for the match yesterday including the ground staff who stayed overnight.

The only slight negative I had is the bridge across the A444 from Car park C had only been partially cleared - fine for a trickle of users, but when full-time came and hoards of fans people using it, they were a few folks slipping.

Pic attached taken at 2:30pm
bridge.jpg

scroobiustom

Good effort though considering this is the worst snow in the history of snow - or is that just sensationalist media? :facepalm:

speedie87

if the tiny amounts of snow on the bridge were enough to make you start a thread perhaps you should have used the tunnel out of park c?

saying that anyone who had to use the ramp to the tunnel rather the steps i.e. wheel chair users do have something to comment on as the ramp was full of snow

Ashdown1

Generally though, it was a fantastic effort all round and I'm glad we kept our unbroken 'every match on' record at the Ricoh...............apart from those 3 where we had to wait for the safety certificate.

hill83

How did you manage to take the picture without dying?
Did you have a harness on?

Gray

the bridge by the canal was worse, bet a few people slipped on that on the way back

Flying Fokker

Say that to the person who slips over next time and breaks a bone.

Looks like half a job!

Travelling on the bridge should not have been a problem though. People were expecting the floor to be icy if they walked at any point in the day. The side rail is there for people to hang on to as well. Just as likely to slip on the pavement near the traffic lights in my opinion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread