That’s on Robins (2 Viewers)

Londonccfcfan

Robin's was giving it pre match the team looked relax were mentally in a good place.

Dear god physically they looked fucked.

pusbccfc

Robin's was giving it pre match the team looked relax were mentally in a good place.

Dear god physically they looked fucked.

Or we were beaten by a better side on the day and a side stronger than ours going forward?

Londonccfcfan

Or we were beaten by a better side on the day and a side stronger than ours going forward?
Stoke were decent.

There was shit going on that pitch that was our pitch.

Dabo should never put the coventry shirt on again. How he wasnt taken off before half time is beyond me.

Robin's sees a different game to the rest.

To give these fuckers a week or 2 off was comical.

pusbccfc

Stoke were decent.

Dabo should never put the coventry shirt on again. How he wasnt taken off before half time is beyond me.

They didn't get 2 weeks off did they?

CCFC54321

Stoke were decent.

Dabo won’t be here next season nor Bidwell.

Lot of out goings after Mays conclusion.

Going to be a very interesting pre season!

Legia Sky Blue

Certainly not MR's best day. After the first goal they were so obviously overunning our midfield and it was crying out for us to put an extra man in there. They could and should have had another couple before they got their 2nd, when it looked like MR was hoping to hang onto half time at 1-0 before changing things round. It was so one sided in that 1st half he needed to change it before then.

Likewise in the 2nd half he kept pretty much the same formtion, but just changed the personnel. We threatened a little bit more but Dabo and Godden were particularly ineffectual, even though Stoke were giving Dabo a lot of space to run forward into. MR needed to have changed them at 2-0, rather than waiting for Stoke to make it 3-0, when it was really too late.

At the end of day Stoke got their noses in front from when they played with a lot of confidence, so they would have likely ended up winning anyway, but we certainly contributed to making it as easy a win as you could ever expect in an away game in this league.

CCFC54321

I agree that we should have changed tactics to a four man midfield to steady the side down mid way through the first half.

Not sure why the coaching staff didn’t see that. Everyone at half time was saying the same thing.

CCFC54321

It’s not just a reaction from yesterday, but I’ve always thought it suicidal to put one of, if not THE, slowest RWB’s in the league on the halfway line for one of our corners.
I watched Dabo go on a run in the second half to the edge of the their box and they broke and he looked absolutely shattered after 60 minutes and couldn’t run back.

Legia Sky Blue

It’s not just a reaction from yesterday, but I’ve always thought it suicidal to put one of, if not THE, slowest RWB’s in the league on the halfway line for one of our corners.

It was certainly an awful decision (and a lazy one) to try and play their man offside in that situation.

jeycov

Stoke were good, I’ll give them that. How good though? Because we were mistake after mistake today.

Stoke haven’t been playing badly at all since January
They’ve struggled to score and made some silly mistakes, losing to several of the teams at the wrong end of the table
They were on the fringe of this group
Some very shrewd loan signings and a formation to suit the available players has transformed the style of play
Re the 2nd goal, Campbell is a very fast forward, not a good idea to leave him on the halfway line with no defenders to stop him

SBAndy

Don't know if it’s recency bias, but I feel like we’re quite often exposed to the counter from our attacking set pieces.

CCFCSteve

Sorry if I’ve missed it elsewhere but what did Robins say after game ? Couldn't bring myself to listen to CWR on way home…was fuming.

Astute

Don't know if it’s recency bias, but I feel like we’re quite often exposed to the counter from our attacking set pieces.
The problem is trying to find the balance between using our defence up front when attacking and keeping them back. The same problem all sides have where defenders go up for set pieces.

Just like our opponents when we hit them on the counter attack.

fernandopartridge

We were yesterday but it felt like the corners we took were the ones most likely to see us hit on the break, hanging it up to the back post

Brighton Sky Blue

The problem is trying to find the balance between using our defence up front when attacking and keeping them back. The same problem all sides have where defenders go up for set pieces.

Just like our opponents when we hit them on the counter attack.

Maybe just don’t put the slowest man on the pitch as your only defensive recourse

Sky Blue Harry H

If we are/were to assume we're not going up, then having the odd game like this (though obviously gutting) must be useful for the management team to analyse, in terms of preventing it happening again, and also seeing where obvious weaknesses are in systems and individuals.

Sky Blue Harry H

It’s given him food for thought on what’s required in the transfer window at the end of the season.
If it's helped him make up his mind on certain players/positions, then (although awful yesterday) it's no bad thing.

higgs

In hindsight he shouldn't have given them the week off

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread