That day has come (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

I log on daily in the hope of reading something new, something based in fact on what's happening to our club, but I'm beginning to wonder why. I notice everytime I log on there are fewer and fewer people 'viewing'. And it's not suprising.....there isn't a thread that can come up with anything solid...it's all hot air and I'm fed up with it. I don't pretend there is anything I can add which is based in fact because the truth is no one knows whats going on and we are toothless to do anything about it.

As a City supporter since 1965 I've seen some great days at the club, seem some amazing players come and go...sadly mainly go, because in all that time there's always been the feeling that the club has always been in a precarious financial position...that one day it would all fall apart...that day has come, and I feel very sad about it.

dazzled2u

I know exactly what you mean......
Each day you hope to hear something, just a glimmer of hope that something is happening at the club that is positive but there's nothing.

Instead you read about clubs tracking what's left of team - Southampton trying to sign Juke - its like the vultures circling the carcuss. No doubt Leeds will be back in for Sammy and we will be fielding the youth team as the first team.

They have finally succeeded in killing the passion in most of our supporters and football is all about passion for the game. It is a depressing state of affairs and I wish it would come to a quick end rather than the lingering rotting that we are witnessing now. Maybe then the pheonix can rise from the ashes.

Last edited:

standupforcity

I know exactly what you mean......
Each day you hope to hear something, just a glimmer of hope that something is happening at the club that is positive but there's nothing.

Instead you read about clubs tracking what's left of team - Southampton trying to sign Juke - its like the vultures circling the carcuss. No doubt Leeds will be back in for Sammy and we will be fielding the youth team as the first team.

They have finally succeeded in killing the passion in most of our supporters and football is all about passion for the game. It is a depressing state of affairs and I wish it would come to a quick end rather than the lingering rotting that we are witnessing now. Maybe then the pheonix can rise from the ashes.

A kindred spirit at last....it is very depressing to see all that's good about the club evaporate cos thiose at the top don't seem to have a clue, least of all about the passion of following a club you truely care about. I'll be there to the last, and hopefully our 'rising from the ashes' will be sooner rather than later.

CUS Wyken

Its companies like SISU why i fell out of Love with the game. Too many buy football clubs now thinking they can make profit. Fuck all to do with football. Its a money game ever since BSKYB came in. Rich get richer and the poorer get poorer. Simples

ccfcway

players come and go...

so do boards.....

your a fan for life !!

One day this mess will be over and we will be on the up..

As I am in my 30's, I might not live to see that day, but it will come, and it will be all the sweeter !

I too have been watching since the 60's. They were great days and a complete contrast to the clubs prospects and the hopes of our fans.
Not sure if this has been mentioned before on the forum but, the Irony is we are playing in the kit that was first worn in division 3, exactly where we will be at the end of the season

Glenn Storer

Spare a thought for lads like me, 20 years old. Away days with my Dad and his friends, as they talk about the good old days of Wembley, beating United, Arsenal and Premier League football. My memories? Beating Blackburn in the Cup and a few smashings of Barnsley away, Mifsud and the United reserve game.

And I'm still a season ticket holder.......:(

torchomatic

Right on, brother.

players come and go...

so do boards.....

your a fan for life !!

One day this mess will be over and we will be on the up..

As I am in my 30's, I might not live to see that day, but it will come, and it will be all the sweeter !

torchomatic

It's got nothing to do with SISU for me and all about SKY. Because of the huge sums of money paid for the rights there is now a virtual monopoly with Utd, City, Arsenal, Chelsea et al who will win all the trophies and the Premiership for years to come.

Remember when we won the Cup? Or Wimbledon? It'll never happen again.

Its companies like SISU why i fell out of Love with the game. Too many buy football clubs now thinking they can make profit. Fuck all to do with football. Its a money game ever since BSKYB came in. Rich get richer and the poorer get poorer. Simples

CUS Wyken

It's got nothing to do with SISU for me and all about SKY. Because of the huge sums of money paid for the rights there is now a virtual monopoly with Utd, City, Arsenal, Chelsea et al who will win all the trophies and the Premiership for years to come.

Remember when we won the Cup? Or Wimbledon? It'll never happen again.

I agree Sky have ruined football in many ways.

But Torch, would a company like SISU even be interested 20 years ago? No. Football is a money game for many nowadays and SISU thought they'd take a club like us and make profit. They have no football nause about them and is more of a toy for many.

Years ago, Chairmans etc... were local businessman who invested to help the club. Take Whelan at Wigan for example.

torchomatic

Agree absolutely, it's been a long time since we had chairmen like Derrick Robins unfortunately. However, I still think it's down to Sky. Without them unscrupulous individuals like Richardson or hedge funds like SISU wouldn't even be interested in investing in football. Because of the Sky "pot of gold at the end of the rainbow" lure of the Premiership you'll always get all kinds of cowboys hoping to fluke their way into the Promised Land on the cheap.

I agree Sky have ruined football in many ways.

But Torch, would a company like SISU even be interested 20 years ago? No. Football is a money game for many nowadays and SISU thought they'd take a club like us and make profit. They have no football nause about them and is more of a toy for many.

Years ago, Chairmans etc... were local businessman who invested to help the club. Take Whelan at Wigan for example.

The soothsayer

Aye, those were the good old days. you could have a great day out at highfield rd, a four course meal. 24 pints, pick up a prostitute, and get two tickets in an executive box and still have change from a halfpenny. this board was all fields and we were europe every season ,aye. where did it all go wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread