The Best Worst Signing You Remember! Think Flop! (1 Viewer)

mds

Something to do with football.
1m for Kevin Drinkell from Rangers, was a huge amount at the time, not long after we won the cup i think, just helped rangers win the title, scored on his debut and did nothing else for ever afterwards. Shocking signing.
One of my favourites from around the same time David Speedy fearless aggressive player gave his all and then some.
Many more flops and successes im sure someone can remember more.

Hobo

Collier, big money at the time, one appearance og I think and never seen again.
If my stats are wrong I'm sure Grendel will correct me.

NorthernWisdom

Something to do with football.
1m for Kevin Drinkell from Rangers, was a huge amount at the time, not long after we won the cup i think, just helped rangers win the title, scored on his debut and did nothing else for ever afterwards. Shocking signing.
One of my favourites from around the same time David Speedy fearless aggressive player gave his all and then some.
Many more flops and successes im sure someone can remember more.

Unfortunately for Sillett, most of the centre forwards he signed!

Speedie was inept until we converted him to attacking midfield, Bannister's goals dried up when he came back to us... but yep Drinkell's a good shout!

Bellamy has to be up there in recent history...

DazzleTommyDazzle

For worst signings you can pretty much take anyone we signed from Rangers - obviously after Colin Stein.

I'm afraid that does include Elvis, glad that he's doing much better as a manager :)

Hobo

A couple of people mentioned Drinkell...started like a house on fire and looked classy for about five games then just seemed to loose interest totally. However his track record before that was excellent.

Think he may have had problems off the pitch.

Hobo

Dougie Maguire from Celtic- has anyone seen him?

Can't remember how much we paid for him not a lot, think he was seen as a prospect really. Had ability but seemed to lack belief and confidence.

Played well in our reserve team at Oldham, I was there. Seen worse at the City.

NorthernWisdom

Would it be remiss of me to add McAllister too? League title winner with Leeds, then had singlehandedly carried them for a couple of years.

Utterly diabolical for his first couple of seasons with us.

Followed by being atrocious when he came back as player-manager!

SkyBlueSid

Gary Collier played twice, both away from home and both defeats. So the home fans never saw him play. He never lived up to a quite decent reputation and departed to the American League.

He was a poor signing in one sense, but we actually made a small profit on him when he went, which was a miracle. Dave Jones was rubbish too, and I'm sure we lost on him.

TheRoyalScam

Truly the worst player I've seen in half a century following CCFC has to be the totally inept Julian Darby.

Hobo

Gary Collier played twice, both away from home and both defeats. So the home fans never saw him play. He never lived up to a quite decent reputation and departed to the American League.

He was a poor signing in one sense, but we actually made a small profit on him when he went, which was a miracle. Dave Jones was rubbish too, and I'm sure we lost on him.

Thanks SkyBlueSid wasn't sure of the exact stats and couldn't be bothered to look em up...didn't realise we made money on him so that weakens my argument.

torchomatic

Gary Collier. Was he the one from Bristol City?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

torchomatic

ExmouthNeil

Davie Bowman..... Shocker. The manager (Don Mackay)never even watched him before he signed....:facepalm:

And about 3 Norwegians who cost about £1m each and barely kicked a balls for us...

Good times...... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

thaiskyblue

2, i think went off to the states, record signing at the time, i remember an american called David Bradford to say he was poor is being kind.

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread