The booing of Doyle (1 Viewer)

Chris1987

"Bigger and better club".
Let's see how this ends up.

Legia Sky Blue

I think it shows a lack of class on our part - did Sunderland fans boo him last season? He was good for us and probably had very little say in his move to Leicester. I'm sure a few on here supporting his booing were the same people slagging off those that gave Maatsen the same treatment last season, even though that made a little more sense given his comments about Burnley being such a step up for him. Personally I think the best thing would have been just to ignore his presence completely.

clint van damme

Thick comments. If any other loan player is coming here they might as well not bother then.

When parent clubs are deciding the development path for a young prospect I dont think the reaction of the supporters when he leaves to club he's loaned to is high on the agenda mate.

Barring you, I don't think anyone gives a fuck.

David O'Day

I think it shows a lack of class on our part - did Sunderland fans boo him last season? He was good for us and probably had very little say in his move to Leicester. I'm sure a few on here supporting his booing were the same people slagging off those that gave Maatsen the same treatment last season, even though that made a little more sense given his comments about Burnley being such a step up for him. Personally I think the best thing would have been just to ignore his presence completely.
At theirs wasn't he an unused sub?

vow

cringey booing toby fayre!

lad did very well for us, not his fault his parent club sent him to our rivals.

SkyBlueCharlie9

It's our perogative to try and put off opposition players. It did seem to rile him a bit and he was pretty average overall. Seemed strange he was played at left back and maybe we didn't exploit him enough!

vow

It's our perogative to try and put off opposition players. It did seem to rile him a bit and he was pretty average overall. Seemed strange he was played at left back and maybe we didn't exploit him enough!
I believe he was the LCBack not the full back as they played with a back 3 same as us?

Flying Fokker

Was classless to honest. We’re better than that. He’s a young lad, give everything for us and it wouldn’t have been his decision to go Leicester. Surprised me.
It is classless and usually ends with custard pie on the people who do it. He’s on loan, why do it anyway. Character building?

usskyblue

done-annoyed.gif

Ashdown

Whilst I wouldn’t have booed him myself I certainly wouldn’t have applauded him wearing that fucking shirt .

Hobo

Was classless to honest. We’re better than that. He’s a young lad, give everything for us and it wouldn’t have been his decision to go Leicester. Surprised me.

Yes agree. But with some of the halfwits we have in our fanbase and away at Leicester I am not surprised it happened.

Still pathetic though. He did a great job for us last year and ultimately he was not our player and is not Leicester's. He is just a young man learning his trade who is being professional and doing a job.

David O'Day

Yes agree. But with some of the halfwits we have in our fanbase and away at Leicester I am not surprised it happened.

Still pathetic though. He did a great job for us last year and ultimately he was not our player and is not Leicester's. He is just a young man learning his trade who is being professional and doing a job.
haha

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I was there, booed him, he joined our rivals, what do you expect. Leicester would do the same if it was rolls reverse. During the game its fine, after then you can give respect, but unlike Giles he didnt come over to our fans and show respect

edit : seems he did at the end after I left, applauded all of our lot at the end

Johhny Blue

Yes to be fair it did come across as pantomime booing, rather than really aggressive hatred that can be dished out occasionally.
That’s the way I saw it. It was good to see him interact with our players and MR before the game. I’ve had plenty of mean battles on the field and a laugh and a beer after a game.

blunted

Thought it was much classier from Leeds fans when they chanted Whelan is a Leeds fan. Supports the player and disses the opposition. Not so much one greedy bastard for MacAllister.

Grendel

David O'Day

The pearl clutching because an ex player who now plays for what some see as a major rival got a bit of pantomime abuse is spectacular.

Users who are viewing this thread