The Bridge 3 (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Did anyone else watch this?

I have the television on a lot but watch little. I don't sky plus anything much.

I did this though.

Should it be on BBC 4 (or is it 3)?

This was the best of the 3. Dark, brooding. More murders than Armstrong goals and brilliant characterisation of the lead role - the enigma that is Saga Noren.

Superb - I hope there is a fourth

stupot07

I've got them recorded but not had chance to watch them yet. Loved the first 2 series and can't wait to watch it, just need to catch up with Homeland and then I'll be able to watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

lifeskyblue

Yes watched it. Saga's character and history really developed in this series. I did feel though that with the drama focusing on her and her partners own problems the murderer's story became a bit part.
Having said that it was enjoyable and the title music haunting. I love the fact that shots of the Bridge crop up throughout and the tension and twists always seem believable even when they clearly are not.
I too hope there is a fourth series and that Saga is on our TVs for a long while yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

I've got them recorded but not had chance to watch them yet. Loved the first 2 series and can't wait to watch it, just need to catch up with Homeland and then I'll be able to watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

In my view it's better than Series Two definitely and probably better than one.

She has a new sidekick that's almost as screwed up as she is.

It's brilliant viewing.

mechaishida

Did anyone else watch this?

I have the television on a lot but watch little. I don't sky plus anything much.

I did this though.

Should it be on BBC 4 (or is it 3)?

This was the best of the 3. Dark, brooding. More murders than Armstrong goals and brilliant characterisation of the lead role - the enigma that is Saga Noren.

Superb - I hope there is a fourth

I got into The Bridge/Bron about a year ago, watched the first two series back to back non-stop; amazing, enthralling series. It delivers an astonishing level of originality and now-famous Scandinavian Noir.

I was concerned that the absence of Martin Roedhe would spell the end for The Bridge, but after watching the first episode of the 3rd series, all fears are quashed.

This is getting priority viewing time now, sod everything else.

stupot07

Wow. Finally got around to watching it, and watched 2x episodes a night over the last 5 days. Absolutely amazing tv, and I agree better than first 2 series, and although I missed Martin, the new sidekick was really good.

But Saga really steals the show, fantastic acting, a fascinating character who you really started to learn more about her and her vulnerabilities.

I even managed to get the missus to watch it, and she loved it too.

I'm actually glad I recorded them all and watched them in 1 go.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I'm also big fan of The Bridge.

Just watched the final two episodes. Terrific series . Extra special having recently worked in Sweden.

Hope there is a 4th series.

J

Jack Griffin

Where is the Bridge being shown?
I have now tv but can't find it.
Is it on Netflix?

Was on iPlayer but no longer available, never mind I'm sure they'll re broadcast series 3 before the next series is aired just keep your eyes peeled.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Its Swedish with subtitles.

Sorry to rain on your parade but the series is actually in both Swedish and Danish. Both languages obviously being subtitled for the English speaking audience.

When I was living in Sweden I was able to watch it without subtitles but found a lot of the Danish bits a nightmare to understand.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Its Swedish with subtitles.

Sorry to rain on your parade but it's actually in Swedish and Danish. Subtitles on the British broadcasts in English obviously.

I watched the first series when I was living out in Sweden, was able to understand the Swedish characters fine but barely the Danish. My girlfriend at the time used to have to translate those bits.

mechaishida

Sorry to rain on your parade but it's actually in Swedish and Danish. Subtitles on the British broadcasts in English obviously.

I watched the first series when I was living out in Sweden, was able to understand the Swedish characters fine but barely the Danish. My girlfriend at the time used to have to translate those bits.

Native Danes and Swedes are bi-lingual in both Danish and Swedish, aren't they? Plus English, which most of them speak better than the entire population of Birmingham...

Also, after watching so much Scandinavian noir for a year now, I actually find myself cursing in Swedish a lot..."Fan!" and "Javola hellvita!" can be heard quite frequently in my house.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Native Danes and Swedes are bi-lingual in both Danish and Swedish, aren't they? Plus English, which most of them speak better than the entire population of Birmingham...

Also, after watching so much Scandinavian noir for a year now, I actually find myself cursing in Swedish a lot..."Fan!" and "Javola hellvita!" can be heard quite frequently in my house.

It depends mate. For sure Swedish and Danish people can communicate with each other on most occasions, but it's all about dialect too. People in Malmö speak a lot more similar to Danish than people from Umeå. It was also a problem I had understanding people in southern Sweden.

It's a similar concept with Norwegian. If you watch the tv talk show 'Skavlan' - He is actually a Norwegian bloke interviewing both Swedish and Norwegian people, (occasionally Danish people too). He can switch between both languages but he's quite skilled in that aspect. All the Norwegian parts are subtitled in Sweden, and I have actually seen Danish guests just speak in English on there.

I know what you mean about the swearing. I'm constantly swearing in Swedish. It's almost a reflex!

mechaishida

On episode 9 now, ooh, it's getting too much to bear...

Only 10 episodes in this series though? I could have sworn the last two series had more, without actually checking of course.

Also, they're using quite a few locations now that featured somewhere in Wallander.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

It depends mate. For sure Swedish and Danish people can communicate with each other on most occasions, but it's all about dialect too. People in Malmö speak a lot more similar to Danish than people from Umeå. It was also a problem I had understanding people in southern Sweden.

It's a similar concept with Norwegian. If you watch the tv talk show 'Skavlan' - He is actually a Norwegian bloke interviewing both Swedish and Norwegian people, (occasionally Danish people too). He can switch between both languages but he's quite skilled in that aspect. All the Norwegian parts are subtitled in Sweden, and I have actually seen Danish guests just speak in English on there.

I know what you mean about the swearing. I'm constantly swearing in Swedish. It's almost a reflex!

From my time in Stockholm, Danes could understand Swedish easily but Swedish people found Danish a bit harder to understand.

Yes generally they can understand each other without any problems.

I did think I did hear some Danish in the Bridge when I think back. Not that I'm an expert at all.

mechaishida

I can usually tell Danish from Swedish in The Bridge, the former sounds quite clipped and jerky to me. Also, if someone shouts: "Kffft!" (not correct spelling I know), then it's Danish for 'shut up'.

Grendel

On episode 9 now, ooh, it's getting too much to bear...

Only 10 episodes in this series though? I could have sworn the last two series had more, without actually checking of course.

Also, they're using quite a few locations now that featured somewhere in Wallander.

No it's always 10 episodes.

Last one doesn't disappoint.

Captain Dart

From my time in Stockholm, Danes could understand Swedish easily but Swedish people found Danish a bit harder to understand.

Yes generally they can understand each other without any problems.

I did think I did hear some Danish in the Bridge when I think back. Not that I'm an expert at all.

If am actors sounds like Peter Schmeichel then they're Dansk ;) A red nose isn't a reliable indicator.

Mcbean

Great series -i,m we are not alone watching as nobody in my workplace watched it !! up there with True Detective

Captain Dart

Anyone else watching the new Dansk noir detective series on BBC4, "Follow the money", beginning to look like a tidy plot.

Users who are viewing this thread