The Butts - CRFC Confirms it is willing to join mediation talks (1 Viewer)

martcov

What?

After doing the Accountants and law courses, you didn't then do the architects course? blimey, you must be one of the poorest qualified people on this forum.... ;)

I think that as a group on here we are now pretty well qualified in several subjects.

The next time City have a position to offer - e.g. as Technical Director to replace Venus - they should offer it first on here.

clint van damme

Would love it to happen,
Knock the BP garage and the fob watch down to reroute the road,
Close the road on match days
Free tickets to residents of retirement village
From the main road you can see the pitch is elevated and could be sunk down to create a bigger stadium.
23000 is more than enough for us in the long term, plenty of teams in the prem with similar capacities

but why would CRFC develop the stadium to that level and use up valuable space when they have plans to build facilities that will generate them other income?
If they have an amazing next 10 years they're still unlikely to need anything over 10,000.

pastythegreat

Liberty Stadium and New Den both just over 20K. If they were serious it wouldn't be impossible I don't think.

View attachment 6845

View attachment 6846
Was queing for 7 and a half hours to get Wembley tickets so had a good walk around and looked at the space available.
I see it similar to the new den. Old fashioned terrace type ground and you could easily get a 2-3k stand each end. The current 3.5k stand could easily become 6k and loads of room on the other side, I'd say for a 6-8k stand. Fill the corners in you could maybe even make another 4-5k when/if needed!
That's 16k+ with an option for more.
Pitch would need completely relaying though! It isn't flat at all! Reminds me of the old 'seasick pitch' at woodlands!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

olderskyblue

I think that as a group on here we are now pretty well qualified in several subjects.

The next time City have a position to offer - e.g. as Technical Director to replace Venus - they should offer it first on here.

Or Manager....

skybluetony176

Regardless of revenues it would if possible easily be the best solution even if there were 12,000 seats in the short term.

Then people really need to target the real enemy in the city. While the insect remains in Coventry we have no future

Salivating at the thought and you don't even know whether this move will do more harm than good for either CCFC, CRFC or indeed Wasps. What a moron you are.

The OP is asking the obvious question. Will this work? What are the current figures and what are the projected figures once redevelopment is factored in. For all you know this could be a worse idea than moving from HR to the Ricoh but in your tiny little mind all that matters is sticking two fingers up to Wasps and anyone else on your list.

skybluetony176

Liberty Stadium and New Den both just over 20K. If they were serious it wouldn't be impossible I don't think.

View attachment 6845

View attachment 6846

Liberty stadium isn't hemmed in on three sides which means access is actually one of the reasons why it can be 20K with the possibility of expansion. It also cost £27m without the added issues the BPA would pose 15 years ago. How much more is redeveloping the BPA going to cost? Who's bank rolling the initial build?

skybluetony176

Residents wouldn't have s choice. Power of objection these days is zero

Bollocks. Look at the court case the owners of Mildenhall stadium lost to newbies that moved into the area. It has basically bankrupted them and this was all about noise from the stadium from a house that are both in the flight path of RAF Mildenhall where military planes are allowed to take off twenty four seven 365.

ccfc92

So the deal at the Butts will be better?
Can't see how we get CRFC to finance it, then we rent it and .............. we get 365 day incomes.

People need to now ask the right questions.

No, I believe the Ricoh is the way forward. If we can get a % of revenues.

The reason I started this thread, is (at a guess) the BPA doesn't generate much revenue from conference, parties, weddings etc. This is apparently the revenue streams we need to be able to compete.

My question is: Does anyone believe the revenue streams from the BPA (regardless of capacity) be able to make CCFC compete.

My answer is no, but I don't know the figures for the BPA to make an educated guess.

clint van damme

The reason I started this thread, is (at a guess) the BPA doesn't generate much revenue from conference, parties, weddings etc. This is apparently the revenue streams we need to be able to compete.

My question is: Does anyone believe the revenue streams from the BPA (regardless of capacity) be able to make CCFC compete.

My answer is no, but I don't know the figures for the BPA to make an educated guess.

I think the last set of CRFC accounts showed that they did OK from F&B and hospitality for a site of it's size. Whether it could generate enough for the rugby and football clubs I've no idea.
I think selling the 20+ thousand empty seats at the Ricoh would generate more though but sisu don't seem to consider that as a valid income stream.

olderskyblue

Or will the profits even compensate for the loss of income due to reduced crowds as the support falls

shmmeee

Let's be honest here, The Butts is being mentioned because it's what a certain section of the fanbase wants to hear, and therefore will be more likely to be accepted. It allows the club to take the pressure off themselves for finding a ground and put it on a third party. We've seen this exact tactic a few times over the last few years and it never, ever, results in us moving towards a solution.

The question that needs answering, as it has for the last 4 years, is: what are you doing? The answer, as it has been for the last 4 years is: waiting, and stalling as much as we can.

Nick

Administrator
Let's be honest here, The Butts is being mentioned because it's what a certain section of the fanbase wants to hear, and therefore will be more likely to be accepted. It allows the club to take the pressure off themselves for finding a ground and put it on a third party. We've seen this exact tactic a few times over the last few years and it never, ever, results in us moving towards a solution.

The question that needs answering, as it has for the last 4 years, is: what are you doing? The answer, as it has been for the last 4 years is: waiting, and stalling as much as we can.

Exactly why everybody should give it the "great idea, lets crack on".

What would Tim's face be like when Duggins invites him for a meeting to help get the project off the ground?

If they are doing that to try and take pressure off, surely apply the pressure there too? Get the trust to get behind it, say they will fully help and back plans etc etc.

Bumberclart

Can't see any movement on a relocation until JR2 is complete. Fisher will do a 1 year rolling deal with Wasps until that point. By the sounds of it, Wasps need the cash.
If they lose JR2, they will either sell up an leave or have to start making proper plans to grow CCFC as a business. God knows what happens if they win JR2??

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Jon Sharp nor CRL have to show you anything!

No, but for Fisher to release information on the project and what is in it for CCFC to convince Sky Blue fans then he is going to need Mr Sharp's & CRL permission to do so isn't he. Surely he wouldn't release information without consulting with his project partners. So without Mr Sharp's involvement nothing gets released. At some point of course he will have to inform his own customers as well wont he? two different projects with or without CCFC I would think

Didn't Fisher say the funding was in place - I assume that means outline plans or costings at least have been put together for the financiers to know what they are funding and by how much. Been working on it for 2 and half years after all

Last edited:

Grendel

Bollocks. Look at the court case the owners of Mildenhall stadium lost to newbies that moved into the area. It has basically bankrupted them and this was all about noise from the stadium from a house that are both in the flight path of RAF Mildenhall where military planes are allowed to take off twenty four seven 365.

As old fiver has pointed out to you the planning permission is already in place.
Seem very agitated today Tony?

shy_tall_knight

I want the Butts to happen, I love the idea of a city centre location. However even if the area was larger it is still hemmed in by a railway and buildings ensuring Butts Lane is the only route. Talk of knocking the Fob watch down and the Petrol station to re-route the road would add significant cost and not make much of a difference. The pavements wouldn't cope with 1,000s all exiting at the same time. The Butts road would have to be temporari;y closed after the last whistle for 15-30 mins

Site ensures little opportunity for revenue from parking etc.., where will the away coaches park,

Captain Dart

We could make some sort of guess from Port Vales accounts. But it isn't tens of millions.
The most effective revenue generating mechanism is success on the pitch.

letsallsingtogether

52 weddings at 2 grand a time might get us a goalkeeper.:)
Oh and then theres Tims Tuck shop should bring in a couple of quid.;)

torchomatic

We can confirm preliminary discussions have taken place with both “CCFC” and the EFL on the possibility of the football club playing at BPA as tenants of CRL (Coventry Rugby Limited).

“There are several issues that would have to be resolved but we do not rule out that a solution could be found that satisfies all parties.

“As mentioned above, we are very willing to be involved in the mediation, however with the proviso that nothing negatively impacts on Coventry Rugby Club and its future.”

Otis

When they bought their properties the search would show the Butts Arena has not just a lease but a Building Agreement attached to it - so it was always intended to be expanded
Yew, but never to 25,000. Coventry Rugby would never ever need such a capacity.

I'm sure it always was intended to expand, but I bet it was never past 10,000.

OffenhamSkyBlue

What about this odd covenant (allegedly) on the BPA land which says it can't be used for professional (sic) football? Wasn't that the Council's doing?

PS I like the suggested idea of duel season tickets. Who's up first? Fisher Vs Duggins?

Big_Ben

the retirement village goes right upto the railway embankment, I don't know if a literally vertical railway embankment would support the train tracks but it would either be that or get permission to build down the side of the retirement village.
Also, would be a perfect place to live for those supporters who have followed City for the past 50/55/60 years.

chiefdave

Can't really argue with anything Sharp has said. Don't think any of our supporters would want a plan that had a negative impact on the rugby club.

If this is all a smoke screen I don't get what Sharp stands to benefit by assisting Fisher / SISU?

clint van damme

Can't really argue with anything Sharp has said. Don't think any of our supporters would want a plan that had a negative impact on the rugby club.

If this is all a smoke screen I don't get what Sharp stands to benefit by assisting Fisher / SISU?

what has he said CD? I'm will be a lot more inclined to believe there's anything to this if Sharp indicates that there is.

chiefdave

what has he said CD? I'm will be a lot more inclined to believe there's anything to this if Sharp indicates that there is.
A statement from Cov rugby’s Jon Sharp, revealed for the first time here, reads: “Following the reports of the mediation process, we at Coventry Rugby Club ( CRL ) are pleased to see some progress in attempt to bring closure to what has been a disruptive period for all parties in this city.

“If we at Coventry Rugby can play some part in resolving these issues we are willing to assist.

“We can confirm preliminary discussions have taken place with both “CCFC” and the EFL on the possibility of the football club playing at BPA as tenants of CRL (Coventry Rugby Limited).

“There are several issues that would have to be resolved but we do not rule out that a solution could be found that satisfies all parties.

“As mentioned above, we are very willing to be involved in the mediation, however with the proviso that nothing negatively impacts on Coventry Rugby Club and its future.”

torchomatic

Annoying that Moz Baker - and therefore the Trust I presume - are already sending out negative messages about a possible groundshare. We need positivity, particularly from the main fan group. They should be talking it up, not down.

Nick

Administrator
Annoying that Moz Baker - and therefore the Trust I presume - are already sending out negative messages about a possible groundshare. We need positivity, particularly from the main fan group. They should be talking it up, not down.

Exactly, much better to force the hand on it too!

Why would they be so against it if magically it did happen?

Users who are viewing this thread