The case for Yasin Ayari (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Recently put this guy just above Collins at second from bottom in a ranking of our signings on Twitter. Most I saw also put him bottom or close to it.

Suggesting playing him on here gets cries or derision.

But are we being too harsh? His job as an AM is arguably to score and create goals. Well…

Third highest key passes in the division for an U21.

IMG_0295.jpeg

Highest xG per 90 of our AMs bar O’Hare. Double that of Palmer next down.

IMG_0296.jpeg

More shots per 90 than any AM bar Cal (we won’t talk about the accuracy of said shots in this particular thread 😂)

IMG_0297.jpeg

And of course more goals per 90 than any AM, and more scored unconsciously with his cock than the rest of the squad combined.

Yes he’s weak, yes he’s raw, yes he ambles about like he can’t be arsed.

But is he actually quite effective?

Briles

Recently put this guy just above Collins at second from bottom in a ranking of our signings on Twitter. Most I saw also put him bottom or close to it.

But are we being too harsh? His job as an AM is arguably to score and create goals. Well…

View attachment 32370

View attachment 32371

More shots per 90 than any AM bar Cal (we won’t talk about the accuracy of said shots in this particular thread 😂)

View attachment 32372

And of course more goals per 90 than any AM, and more scored unconsciously with his cock than the rest of the squad combined.

He is effective, he almost seems ahead of the rest of play at this level which makes him look poor when it's actually others who aren't seeing what he is

MalcSB

View attachment 32370

View attachment 32371

View attachment 32372

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. In this case, the statistics will have been heavily skewed by the unconscious cock goal and it would be interesting to see what they would look like if that could be excluded.

San Francisco

Though he’s not performed well for us so far there’s clearly a player there albeit very raw and needing of guidance and good training.

A team like Brighton with their scouting network don’t flog €4 million for no reason.

shmmeee

So better then Hamer then, what a load of bollocks,

Comparable to Hamer in a lot of respects. Hamers chance creation that’s the little he played this season were a joke, double that of anyone else.

Hamer could carry the ball, and could shoot on target, and also had a much better striker on the end of his balls. (Ooo err). He also ran his heart out and enjoyed the physical side of the game. Which is a huge difference.

Much like Vik though, replacing Hamer will probably be two players.

MalcSB

Not quite the same but his progressive carries are really poor and that’s probably why

View attachment 32378
You original post said

”But are we being too harsh? His job as an AM is arguably to score and create goals.”

He has scored one goal as you correctly described unconsciously and off his cock, and contributed 0 assists. Does that really fulfil his job description?

shmmeee

You original post said

”But are we being too harsh? His job as an AM is arguably to score and create goals.”

He has scored one goal as you correctly described unconsciously and off his cock, and contributed 0 assists. Does that really fulfil his job description?

Well there’s two halves to an assist isn’t there? There’s a reason we’re about 7th in xG yet about 15th in goals scored.

Clearly there’s some tongue in cheek here you’re not vibing with, but I’m saying for one element of his game that’s arguably quite important he’s clearly got something. He may have only scored one off his cock in 5 game equivalents, but it’s one more than any of our other AMs!

NorthernWisdom

My main thought would be Doyle looked erratic and a bit lost up until Christmas last season, then turned immense.

I know it's different players, different skill levels etc, and different positions of course(!) but the hope is he does get up to speed and then bosses it all.

We shall see, I guess!

And that’s why he’s not a very good signing. We sign players to play them in the first team 🤷🏻‍♂️
tbf, Wilson deserved to start the season. With Moore having seemingly forgotten how to do what he's paid to do, we needed somebody who could push Wilson.

Proof will be in the pudding of course, but given the position, it's not unreasonable that he hasn't played much yet,

MalcSB

Well there’s two halves to an assist isn’t there? There’s a reason we’re about 7th in xG yet about 15th in goals scored.

Clearly there’s some tongue in cheek here you’re not vibing with, but I’m saying for one element of his game that’s arguably quite important he’s clearly got something. He may have only scored one off his cock in 5 game equivalents, but it’s one more than any of our other AMs!
I haven’t picked up on the tongue in cheek vibe, must have been lost in all the statistics which I don’t understand and shows stuff like Sean Maguire was more of a goal threat than Hamer last season.

I will leave it at I don’t think we are being harsh on Ayari. If others are correct and he merely has a lot to learn, I would rather he learnt it elsewhere and we give our own youngsters an opportunity.

MalcSB

Are you suggesting our other AMs are cockless?

SlowerThanPlatt

He is effective, he almost seems ahead of the rest of play at this level which makes him look poor when it's actually others who aren't seeing what he is

How do some Championship players (or any league, actually) get moves to a higher level then if they’re dragged down by *supposedly* lower quality?

Briles

How do some Championship players (or any league, actually) get moves to a higher level then if they’re dragged down by *supposedly* lower quality?

Because scouts spot it I spose. You watch next game he plays. He wants to play a pass and nobody is on.

fernandopartridge

View attachment 32370

View attachment 32371

More shots per 90 than any AM bar Cal (we won’t talk about the accuracy of said shots in this particular thread )

View attachment 32372

He's always been fine on the ball it's off it which is the problem

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Cally Fedora

Ayari is the kind of guy that would be great if you were allowed 11 players + him and he could add his rare flashes of ability. But he is a luxury player and doesn’t contribute enough overall.

Frostie

I said before the Preston game that he is the one player we have who can pick a key pass & create chances. The problem at the minute is he has lots of deficiencies too. MR doesn't trust him defensively to be played in his preferred deeper midfield position where he could do a bit of the Hamer type stuff & he's a bit lightweight physically.

I'm certain he'll go on to be an excellent player, probably at the top level, but he's got a bit to do.

MalcSB

I said before the Preston game that he is the one player we have who can pick a key pass & create chances. The problem at the minute is he has lots of deficiencies too. MR doesn't trust him defensively to be played in his preferred deeper midfield position where he could do a bit of the Hamer type stuff & he's a bit lightweight physically.

I'm certain he'll go on to be an excellent player, probably at the top level, but he's got a bit to do.
Lots of “bits” in there. he is very lightweight and will have lots to do to become an excellent player. Let h8m do it on someone else’s time and expense.

shmmeee

He's always been fine on the ball it's off it which is the problem

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

At some point you have to accept not every player is a Gus or a Cal that’s going to work both ends of the pitch. If you’ve got a half decent defence you shouldn’t need your creative players to be the reincarnation of Viera off the ball.

pusbccfc

Haji topping all those charts. He's going to score 20 goals this season.

PVA

When he came on against Sunderland and played that lovely reverse pass for Wright I thought he was going to be a class player for us.

Clearly has heaps of ability but just seems to be struggling with the physicality of the game at the moment.

I think his natural position is probably as an 8, but don't think we'll see much of them there because of the aforementioned lack of physicality.

Johhny Blue

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. In this case, the statistics will have been heavily skewed by the unconscious cock goal and it would be interesting to see what they would look like if that could be excluded.
It cancels out the terrific shot that hit the bar for Simms to score

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I can see the argument being made and where it is coming from. However, this is the problem with stats. They never paint the full picture. Someone posted the other day hammering home that Sheaf was our best player because he made the most accurate passes. What does that mean? He spends all game passing between himself and the back 5 under almost no pressure.

These stats here are a bit more favoured towards progressive passing, which is of course is something we need. Though, what good is that if like someone above said, he's like a school boy off the ball? Isn't it counter-productive?

In general our whole midfield needs an upgrade, but I'm not sure I can see that this guy is the answer. I would give this 4-3-3 a go for now. Perhaps bring him on a bit later in games and see how he gets on. Based on what I've seen however, I would be hesitant to give him a jersey in the starting eleven until there's some improvement.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

You can see why MR might have considered him an option to replace the creative side of Hamer's game. Trouble is he's nowehere near it for the defensive and tactical side of it, and really you need to do that first to earn the right to do the creative stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread