The darts thread (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

I often thought that a darts movie abit like kingpin would be good, storyline of a young pub player beating a world champ at an exhibition then gets a nine darter at a qualifying event meets the world champ in another tournament. World champ gets jealous of the young fellas attention pays someone to break the young lads hand, he has to learn to throw with his other hand, I'm sure there's loads of behind the scenes stories that could be embellished

CJ_covblaze

Hey come on now! The master will go out in a deserved blaze of glory as 17 times world champion.

I would like to see him win it but I also think it’d be fitting for him to go out on 16 World Titles and 16 Matchplays. Wonder how many of those have been won on 16s?

Adge

Fair play to Cross-done a Taylor on Phil to be fair!

CJ_covblaze

End of an era. Seems a bit surreal that he’s not going to be competing any more. I don’t think even MvG or Anderson would’ve beaten Cross tonight. His double percentage was obscene. Even when he missed one he got it with the next dart. Could be the start of something quite special.

Gazolba

I've never been able to get excited about darts.

tigersb

Glad to see Taylor getting pumped
The man should have been kicked out of darts years ago

Adge

Glad to see Taylor getting pumped
The man should have been kicked out of darts years ago
What the man has done for darts can’t be underestimated. £400,000 Cross received and that was in part due to Taylor over the last 30 or so years.

tigersb

Sorry I thought the reason was obvious
The man is a convicted sex offender

Adge

Ah Wasn't aware of that.
We are talking about “darts” . I remember Marlon King was a good striker for us on his release from prison for various offences. Doesn’t mean that I would have invited him to my BBQ.

tigersb

Not going to get into a debate about how sports fans can forgive indiscretions by their heroes
I was just giving my opinion on the man

Adge

Wtf! Just watching the BDO on channel 4 and Ian Durrant has the same walk on as Adrian Lewis.:woot:

Adge

No Ted Hankey in this years tournament. Shame, brings a bit of the novelty factor being the pantomime villain.

ccfctommy

Wtf! Just watching the BDO on channel 4 and Ian Durrant has the same walk on as Adrian Lewis.:woot:

That song is played when Middlesborough run on the pitch, Durrant is a big fan so thats probably why.

That prelim game was awful, really should have kept it off tv

Adge

That song is played when Middlesborough run on the pitch, Durrant is a big fan so thats probably why.

That prelim game was awful, really should have kept it off tv
Yeah-it really is the poor mans alternative to the PDC.

CJ_covblaze

I turned it on earlier and I was pleasantly surprised. Fallon Sherrock is a bit nicer on the eye than Andy Fordham.

The Mrs calls the BDO realistic darts. The tournament we could all win. Pleased to see Waites knock Montgomery out. That walk on is a piss take. Takes forever. In fact Waites looked like he wanted to literally knock the tosser out when he was dancing around on the stage.

CJ_covblaze

Saw a bit of that earlier. Why aren't the men and women in the same competition? Its hardly an athletic sport where physical differences come in to it.

Something I’ve said for a long time. There’s no reason why they can’t. They should be as good.

Users who are viewing this thread