coop

Aug 30, 2011
no chance not stepping foot in sixfields even if we are top

theferret

Oct 14, 2012
ccfc won, i dont feel happy. Its a northampton team. The reason we supported this club , it represented coventry. Once it does NOT want to be part of coventry. It is time to move. We need to start a team to represent the city of coventry.

Behave.

James Smith

Nov 9, 2011
Some will go but many won't because they can't walk there or it's too far or it doesn't feel like a Coventry side. I think Tim may see 3k as the magic figure for home supporters (given his comments at the forums) where he will feel vindicated if they get that at Sixfields with genuine paying fans. I really hope that they don't though.

Dead chuffed with the scoreline today though.

Last edited:

CCFCSteve

Aug 11, 2011
I wonder how long it will take SISU to realise that a team playing well, winning and scoring goals would be attracting 15k-20k at the Ricoh. Staying away could end up costing them £200k-£300k a game (that's excluding the all important burger money !!!). A crazy decision, even for the seemingly financially illiterate !

italiahorse

Nov 23, 2011
Obviously the fans that only support a winning team will increase the numbers. The real test is the number of season tickets bought.
Personally I am happy that the team are winning but I am still expecting something to happen that will bring them back to the Ricoh. Once I know 100% that the team will not be playing at the Ricoh I will not support.

James Smith

Nov 9, 2011
I wonder how long it will take SISU to realise that a team playing well, winning and scoring goals would be attracting 15k-20k at the Ricoh. Staying away could end up costing them £200k-£300k a game (that's excluding the all important burger money !!!). A crazy decision, even for the seemingly financially illiterate !

There is no business case for playing at Sixfields other than the SISU version of NOPM which is aimed at ACL and the distressing of the same.

BackRoomRummermill

Aug 4, 2010
Back In UK
The NOPM is a valued cause and correct, it will however fade the more that CCFC win. It may well end up that Northampton people go and support Coventry...........

The only part of CCFC which has a Coventry connection is now Ryton ( sorry no pun intended )

I wish we had never moved from the HR, the west end terrace and all the old Cov boys like Wallace, Micky Ferguson and more recently Dion and who can ever forget the Huckerby run on that day all those memories will never fade.

PUSB

CCFCSteve

Aug 11, 2011
ps the additional revenue from beers, burgers etc would be irrelevant if the team is challenging at the top of the league paying a sensible rent at the Ricoh. SISU need to go back to ACL cap in hand and do a deal, a fantastic season would be wasted by staying at Sixfields as next year we will be crippled by FFP (even if we were getting decent crowds down there)

st john

Sep 10, 2012
If we keep playing like this we could get promoted, imagine if we got promoted to the championship, and then the premiership in successive seasons, could you see Man U, Chelsea, and Arsenal going to Northampton for a league match?

shmmeee

Jul 11, 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
ps the additional revenue from beers, burgers etc would be irrelevant if the team is challenging at the top of the league paying a sensible rent at the Ricoh. SISU need to go back to ACL cap in hand and do a deal, a fantastic season would be wasted by staying at Sixfields as next year we will be crippled by FFP (even if we were getting decent crowds down there)

FFP is worked out as you go I believe. So Sixfields will hurt us this season. Could be that come January we're under embargo again and forced to get rid of the likes of Clarke.

Ashdown1

Dec 5, 2012
Carlisle are shite, they will be the Hartlepool of 2013-14, people should calm down ! We still have some good players but the squad is too thin to maintain a campaign of 50 plus games. It does tug at the heartstrings but if you feel yourself swaying then get yourself a few away games sorted out !

Stafford_SkBlue

Jan 27, 2013
Credit should be given to sisu for keeping the team together during the administration period. Appleton would not been able to pay the wages of Clarke and the high earners. Unfortunately moving to northampton has give support to the anti sisu brigade.
STT - support the team campaign is required

shropshirecov

Dec 31, 2012

If the additional revenue from beers, burgers ect was irrelevant Compass wouldn't have paid millions for it.
I suppose car parking and pitch side advertising and all other incomes that ACL got is irrelevant. With all its cash streams being irrelevant, I'm amazed the stadium is such a valuable asset to the community!

italiahorse

Nov 23, 2011
If we keep playing like this we could get promoted, imagine if we got promoted to the championship, and then the premiership in successive seasons, could you see Man U, Chelsea, and Arsenal going to Northampton for a league match?

We won't have enough money to support a D1 next season. That's the issue created this season by moving to Northampton.

italiahorse

Nov 23, 2011
If the additional revenue from beers, burgers ect was irrelevant Compass wouldn't have paid millions for it.
I suppose car parking and pitch side advertising and all other incomes that ACL got is irrelevant. With all its cash streams being irrelevant, I'm amazed the stadium is such a valuable asset to the community!

More wrong information. The club got pitch side advertising and 900 spaces (50%) for there own use.

l327tgc

Mar 29, 2013
Credit should be given to sisu for keeping the team together during the administration period. Appleton would not been able to pay the wages of Clarke and the high earners. Unfortunately moving to northampton has give support to the anti sisu brigade.
STT - support the team campaign is required

support the team and not the regime

l327tgc

Mar 29, 2013
How is it a good point you tool, we were still playing on coventry then, we wasnt being liquidated and we hadn't been giving a ten point deduction.

but you all hated sisu then and through the season you tool.if your going to shout "sisu out" at the begining of the season you need to carry it on the whole time and not pick and choose.

BackRoomRummermill

Aug 4, 2010
Back In UK
How is it a good point you tool, we were still playing on coventry then, we wasnt being liquidated and we hadn't been giving a ten point deduction.

No it is a good point, it shows that the full Ricoh was more about 20K fickle fans thinking about going to Wembley than the interests of 10 K CCFC lifelong support ......... if CCFC have a wiff of any kind of glory ( Manu FA cup draw at home or another Crewe) then they will all re appear for the fixture AT SIX FIELDS EN MASS ....... make no mistake this WILL HAPPEN. So looping back to the initial thread end of NOPM yes I believe it will be the case, with some 6K confused fans that thought that what the feck happened.....................

Over to you ............

l327tgc

Mar 29, 2013
Get to bed.
why??? you loved sisu when they took over but then hated them not long into there regime and it still continues.you need to look at the council/acl/fl and sisu and maybe yourself as a support as to why we are in this mess to start with.

elephanttears

Oct 25, 2012
No it is a good point, it shows that the full Ricoh was more about 20K fickle fans thinking about going to Wembley than the interests of 10 K CCFC lifelong support ......... if CCFC have a wiff of any kind of glory ( Manu FA cup draw at home or another Crewe) then they will all re appear for the fixture AT SIX FIELDS EN MASS ....... make no mistake this WILL HAPPEN. So looping back to the initial thread end of NOPM yes I believe it will be the case, with some 6K confused fans that thought that what the feck happened.....................

Over to you ............

This has been done to death already, EVERY SINGLE CLUB has fans thats come and go due to success. This is totally normal. You could point to manu u in div 3 shit crowds, chelsea in the 90's 8000? newcastle in the 80's 8000? whats your point? I'm saying deanos point about fans not singing sisu out in the jpt semi is ridiculous. get a brain.

Sky Blue Harry H

Feb 9, 2011
warwick
the only reason they dont is because 70% of the crowd were plastic fans who came thinking of wembley,they dont care about the team they just wanted the tickets for wembley.

There are a lot of 'plastic' fans as you call them. But the whole point of building up the fan base (current circumstances excepted) is vital to he future of the club. I've followed City since the sixties, had season tickets at Highfield Road and the Ricoh, but there have been times during that period when I haven't been up anywhere as much as I would have liked. Probably a lot like me. But I'm 100% sky blue and follow every match in one form or another. Don't knock those who don't get up every week with a holier than thou approach. City need whole fan base on board at the moment. PUSB

shropshirecov

Dec 31, 2012
More wrong information. The club got pitch side advertising and 900 spaces (50%) for there own use.

Is that right? If so, then I take that one back, someone told me that at Wembley the other night.
I just think every penny generated by the football club should go to the football club, regardless of previous contracts, clueless owners and council/charity owned assets. The club comes 1st for me and always will. I see other council owned stadiums at Hull and Doncaster and think why don't my club have such favourable arrangements?

elephanttears

Oct 25, 2012
why??? you loved sisu when they took over but then hated them not long into there regime and it still continues.you need to look at the council/acl/fl and sisu and maybe yourself as a support as to why we are in this mess to start with.

I agreed with the point about owning our own stadium outright, which whatever way you look at it is the right thing to do. As time has gone on it has become clear Sisu do not give a toss about the club or the city. Do you want sisu to stay in charge of the club?

l327tgc

Mar 29, 2013
There are a lot of 'plastic' fans as you call them. But the whole point of building up the fan base (current circumstances excepted) is vital to he future of the club. I've followed City since the sixties, had season tickets at Highfield Road and the Ricoh, but there have been times during that period when I haven't been up anywhere as much as I would have liked. Probably a lot like me. But I'm 100% sky blue and follow every match in one form or another. Don't knock those who don't get up every week with a holier than thou approach. City need whole fan base on board at the moment. PUSB

the point i was making was the following home game there was about 9,000 so where have the 20k odd fans gone? ive been a fan for over 40yrs myself never bought a season tickets just paid on the day

l327tgc

Mar 29, 2013
I agreed with the point about owning our own stadium outright, which whatever way you look at it is the right thing to do. As time has gone on it has become clear Sisu do not give a toss about the club or the city. Do you want sisu to stay in charge of the club?
no i dont but who is out there right now that wants us with all the mess going on.imho ph4 is a property developer and only see,s building power and not the club.hoffs/elliott for all there good will havnt got a clue and as for richard keys and his consortium thats a joke,unless there is a rich arab who wants sumthing like man city or a fans takover like portsmouth we have no1.

Users who are viewing this thread