The future is Sky Blue, but not as we know it... (5 years to destruction) (1 Viewer)

Snozz_is_god

2013-2014
Northampton Town FC relegated to the Conference.
Coventry City FC miss-out of a playoff place by a few points.
Work begins on turning Sixfields into a 15k Stadium, funded by associated developments.
Coventry City FC sell several top players in order to satisfy the FFP rules.

2014-2015
Northampton Town have a poor season and crowds drop to an average of just over 1k.
Coventry City FC end up mid-table, with average crowds of 2k.
Work on the redevelopment of Sixfileds hits problems when building costs soaring.

2015-2016
Northampton Town FC have a poor season and are under threat of administration.
Coventry City FC avoid relegation by a whisper, the crowds are up to 4k with defecting NTFC supporters.
SISU bid for and buy Sixfields of Northampton Council and bail out the redevelopment plans.

2016-2017
Northampton Town FC have a poor season and are in administration. Tony Cardoza is a broken man.
Coventry City are relegated to League 2, however crowds are up to 6k with defecting NTFC supporters.
SISU want 500k from both clubs for playing at their newly named Sisufields Arena.
Northampton town are liquidated before the season starts and no longer exist.

2017-2018
Coventry City end up mid-table, crowds are now 8k thanks to the ex NTFC supporters.
Optium apply and the football league reluctantly accepts a name change for Coventry City FC.

2018-2019
Northampton SkyBlues FC kick off the new season at Sisufields Arena in front of 10k Northamptonshire based Fans.

CJ_covblaze

Could happen! Scary prospect for both clubs.

stupot07

Not gonna happen, just more scaremongering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Mrpipes

Hahahaha

Comedy gold

After , arguably the best performance of the seaso. we're subjected to the Irambling of a mentally unstable super fan that can see the future

Wish you could have posted something when sisu tool over , or when the old guard sold out to acl , perhaps we would have been better prepared

Grendel

We won't have to sell players to satisfy FPP rules - dumb thread.

Grendel

shmmeee

Still even dumber to think we'd have to sell our best players.

I'd like to see our wage bill. I'd be VERY surprised if a bunch of kids + Murphy, Clarke, Baker, Webster are costing us that much. Maybe Joe Murphy and Clarke would have to go for wages, but I can't see any of the others making much of a dent.

I also doubt that FFP applies to us while we're in Northampton like it does to other clubs, but that's just a hunch.

Nick

Administrator
You will probably be hit by a bus before then do need not worry. Do people sit inside making things up in their head that might possibly on the off chance happen? I am just polishing my boots for when Hodgson sees me having a kickabout and calls me up for the World Cup.

shmmeee

You will probably be hit by a bus before then do need not worry. Do people sit inside making things up in their head that might possibly on the off chance happen? I am just polishing my boots for when Hodgson sees me having a kickabout and calls me up for the World Cup.

I don't know about you, but at 32, overweight, asthmatic and not having played the game for 10 years, I still harbour hopes of playing for Cov :D

Nick

Administrator
I don't know about you, but at 32, overweight, asthmatic and not having played the game for 10 years, I still harbour hopes of playing for Cov :D

It only takes being in the right place at the right time for a tap in ;)

Just going out to feed my unicorn!

Snozz_is_god

Yes they certainly do, just like the 'Cov Back to Ricoh' campaign, I can see it now,

Council worker - "oh look Anne, there's 30 people outside shouting - sell the Ricoh to SISU".

Anne - "ring ring....Hi Joy, the Ricoh's yours for a packet of crisps and a black jack"

Nick

Administrator
Yes they certainly do, just like the 'Cov Back to Ricoh' campaign, I can see it now,

Council worker - "oh look Anne, there's 30 people outside shouting - sell the Ricoh to SISU".

Anne - "ring ring....Hi Joy, the Ricoh's yours for a packet of crisps and a black jack"

It is just the same as people outside sisus office. I think scmeees post about finding out what we actually want rather than don't want should be posted on a lot before protesting.

It is all well and good saying get sisu out or give them the ricoh for free but we need to know what's happening afterwards.

torchomatic

Mayfair London, Summer 2013

"Oh look Joy, there are six blokes outside with a banner with muppets on it shouting 'Not one penny more. Keep Cov in Cov"
Joy: "Don't worry, they'll be in the pub in a minute. Do me a favour go and get me a cup of coffee from Starbucks. Don't forget to run..."

HEADLINE: We see a woman running from SISUs office. Who else could it be?

Nick

Administrator
Mayfair London, Summer 2013

"Oh look Joy, there are six blokes outside with a banner with muppets on it shouting 'Not one penny more. Keep Cov in Cov"
Joy: "Don't worry, they'll be in the pub in a minute. Do me a favour go and get me a cup of coffee from Starbucks. Don't forget to run..."

HEADLINE: We see a woman running from SISUs office. Who else could it be?

Exactly, neither will achieve anything I don't think as the action isn't right.

RFC

Who knows about even the short term future never mind the long term?

Certainly not me (and judging from what I read, very few on here!), all I'm interested in is the NOW!

I'm enjoying watching the Sky Blues more than at anytime in the last 15 or 20 years, if you choose not to support the team then it's you that's missing out IMHO!

Haven't missed a game so far at Sixfields (no doubt I'll have to at some stage) and been incredibly lucky enough to travel to both Port Vale & Wolves.

Snubbing the Sky Blues is a pointless exercize, I'm sick to death with all the 'political' off field stuff and just want talk and enjoy my football PUSB!

James Smith

I wasn't aware you had a PCV licence Nick ;)

James Smith

Who knows about even the short term future never mind the long term?

Certainly not me (and judging from what I read, very few on here!), all I'm interested in is the NOW!

I'm enjoying watching the Sky Blues more than at anytime in the last 15 or 20 years, if you choose not to support the team then it's you that's missing out IMHO!

Haven't missed a game so far at Sixfields (no doubt I'll have to at some stage) and been incredibly lucky enough to travel to both Port Vale & Wolves.

Snubbing the Sky Blues is a pointless exercize, I'm sick to death with all the 'political' off field stuff and just want talk and enjoy my football PUSB!

I assume you mean not supporting the team by actually going into Sixfields? Lots of fans are still supporting the team but don't approve of the move to Northampton, so aren't going to home games but are travelling to the away matches.

Users who are viewing this thread