The Gigs Thread (3 Viewers)

eastwoodsdustman

The Wonder Stuff and Ned's Atomic Dustbin were both excellent last night.
As expected, I'm suffering today. I have aches in places I didn't know I had places.
Off to see them in 10 days. It’s like 1990 all over again.

ovduk78

Just back from seeing Evanescence at the SEC Armadillo in Glasgow.
Totally different concert with them backed by a full orchestra.
What an amazing voice Amy Lee has?

jimmyhillsfanclub

I went to see Shame last friday.
Great little band....amazing energy.....got this 46 year old pogo-ing in a very messy pit......still fucking love it....but my knees don't!

Off to see Public Service Broadcasting tonight......no sweaty mess for this one though......taking the Mrs. & got seats in the balcony so we can kick back & enjoy the visuals too.

ccfcrob

Got Arctic Monkeys tickets this morning for September in Sheffield, going to be a pretty good one I think!

clint van damme

I went to see Shame last friday.
Great little band....amazing energy.....got this 46 year old pogo-ing in a very messy pit......still fucking love it....but my knees don't!

Off to see Public Service Broadcasting tonight......no sweaty mess for this one though......taking the Mrs. & got seats in the balcony so we can kick back & enjoy the visuals too.

Love PSB. Seen them a few times but it was real emotional stuff when I saw them in the Wales playing songs from Every valley.

jimmyhillsfanclub

i've not seen them before......but as I said, I've been lead to believe the visual side of things is as impressive as the music......is that the case Clint?

My parents were both welsh....my dad was from the valleys....his dad was the pit farrier shoeing the pit ponies.....I lost my dad about 18 months back now but I'm still expecting some of the Every valley stuff to bring a lump to my throat.

clint van damme

i've not seen them before......but as I said, I've been lead to believe the visual side of things is as impressive as the music......is that the case Clint?

My parents were both welsh....my dad was from the valleys....his dad was the pit farrier shoeing the pit ponies.....I lost my dad about 18 months back now but I'm still expecting some of the Every valley stuff to bring a lump to my throat.

I'm a big fan of visuals though probably something more associated with dance acts, (DJ Yoda used to have some great visual), but PSB use them really well. I've not got a drop of Welsh blood in me and I found it emotional when they did songs from Every Valley so you're bound to!

Bumberclart

PSB are great live. Even my mate, who hates electronic music, really enjoyed the gig.

eastwoodsdustman

Neds Atomic Dustbin Were fantastic last night but the Wonder Stuff were even better. Seen them a lot and last night was the best that I've seen them.

Malaka

Saw Jesus Jones at the Assembly hall last week, pretty decent. Billy Idol next

Malaka

I didnt come back to you guys after Gary Numan, being as I was rather tepid about going, I'm glad I did. One of my top five gigs, he was brilliant

eastwoodsdustman

Went to the Hare and Hounds in Brum again on Wednesday to see Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever. They have their first album out next week. They were excellent.
a link if anyone's interested:

jimmyhillsfanclub

Saw the Lovely Eggs last night supported by Mr Ben and the Bens who I’d never heard of. Both were really good. So good that I’m going to buy some new music tonight.

I have a bit of a crush on the lovely eggs singer.........something about a female lead with pun k attitude....even with a lancashire accent.....

jimmyhillsfanclub

Saw John Bramwell (the geezer from I am kloot) on Saturday night........a great night out......a great raconteur & guitarist......

ovduk78

Went to see Roget Waters at Glasgow Hydro last night, he was fantastic, even my wife enjoyed it as someone who hasn't listened to a lot of Floyd or any of Waters solo stuff and she only went as someone let me down at the last minute. I was shocked at how much people were drinking and we were constantly having to let people past to get more alcohol, there were a few round us absolutely steaming. When I go to a gig I go to watch whoever is on, just like when I go to watch CCFC, and eating and drinking is not part of the experience. I am sure it isn't just a Glasgow thing as on the few occasions I have watch CCFC this season there have been plenty of others spending a lot of time drinking. I don't get it but as a non-drinker that may explain it.

clint van damme

Went to see Roget Waters at Glasgow Hydro last night, he was fantastic, even my wife enjoyed it as someone who hasn't listened to a lot of Floyd or any of Waters solo stuff and she only went as someone let me down at the last minute. I was shocked at how much people were drinking and we were constantly having to let people past to get more alcohol, there were a few round us absolutely steaming. When I go to a gig I go to watch whoever is on, just like when I go to watch CCFC, and eating and drinking is not part of the experience. I am sure it isn't just a Glasgow thing as on the few occasions I have watch CCFC this season there have been plenty of others spending a lot of time drinking. I don't get it but as a non-drinker that may explain it.

after the state I was in at Gorillaz in Brum last year it would be wrong for me to comment!

chiefdave

I was shocked at how much people were drinking and we were constantly having to let people past to get more alcohol, there were a few round us absolutely steaming. When I go to a gig I go to watch whoever is on, just like when I go to watch CCFC, and eating and drinking is not part of the experience.
Same for me. Don't see the point of spending a small fortune on tickets and then getting so paralytic you don't know whats going on or have any memory of it!

Not sure why its acceptable at gigs really. If you went to the theatre and were constantly getting up to go to the bar and stumbling around drunk you'd be kicked out but at a gig people are drinking till they pass out and practically shouting at each other while you're trying to watch a band.

ovduk78

Same for me. Don't see the point of spending a small fortune on tickets and then getting so paralytic you don't know whats going on or have any memory of it!

Not sure why its acceptable at gigs really. If you went to the theatre and were constantly getting up to go to the bar and stumbling around drunk you'd be kicked out but at a gig people are drinking till they pass out and practically shouting at each other while you're trying to watch a band.
It was £85 per ticket + booking fee and we were in the cheap seats. It wouldn't have been so bad if it was a rock band but the 2 in front of us came in late, absolutely shit-faced yet with more beer and spent most of the time talking over the music to each other. They did provide 1 highlight when she stood up for a song and then decided to sit back down on the seat that had sprung up and fell on the floor. They disappeared at the interval when there was another chance to get more alcohol and never reappeared thank goodness. I have been to a few musicals in the London and you can't come in after the show has started and I am sure the bars are closed except for the interval & I think concerts should be the same. Surely people can survive an hour without a drink?

CJ_covblaze

We’ve hit the jackpot. Year made.

Mcbean

Went to see Rogers Waters in London Hyde Park at the weekend - although being from London i dont always feel comfortable going back except the always welcome visit to Wembly trips !! anyway i was in good hands with a good buddy and we had a great day - saw Seasick Steve who was really great i love the sound of a guitar however its played and however number of strings it has - we also saw squeeze who were disappointing really as the quality of sound was only just better than shite - however Waters is an enigma - has written some fantastic songs with Gilmour but his voice is a bit broken - played songs from Dark Side , Animals and the Wall - loved the animals songs ( very underrated album) and for the Pigs one he lampooned Trump and had an inflatable Pig floating about until it was torn down by the posh seat people - i found myself with my eyes shut at some point as Pink Floyd really play the tracks of my years - the light show and graphics were brilliant - also the sound - it was the first time i have been to an outside concert where the sound was in surround mode and it was very good - In dogs it really did feel like there was a pack of hounds coming from behind us - rock on

Users who are viewing this thread