The Hill Solution (3 Viewers)

I don't like this Sixfields BS anymore than you do but there may be a way to piss off Timmy and get our point across at Sixfields. There is a huge, and I mean HUGE, hill just outside Sixfields stadium where you can see the majority of the game for free and ofcourse, protest against the SISU pricks. I know its not much but its a way to watch a lot of the game for free and stick a giant middle finger up ad Joy and her puppy Tim. You could fit hundreds of people on that hill. If we put that amount of people on the hill at every game surely no-one ignore us then

ccfcway

I'd say get rid of the whole place and start again..

Blockbusters has now gone, it has a McDonalds, and even the pub, which is now a Pizza Hiut had to close due to trouble...

Start again I say

oh, hang on, I thought the thread was "Tile Hill Solution"

Evo1883

Blockbusters has now gone, it has a McDonalds, and even the pub, which is now a Pizza Hiut had to close due to trouble...

Start again I say

now now tile hill is a lovely place , we are next to the countyside dont you know ,not rough here honest:whistle:

duffer

Start again I say

Funny, I read it as "Tile Hill Solution" too.

As a native of those parts, I sometimes get the very strong urge to pop down to Ryton and apply a 'Tile Hill Solution' to Mr Fisher. But I'm far too nice these days, and besides his dog might eat me. ;)

I really like the idea of watching the games from 'The Hill' though. Would be a bit of a hoot.

_brian_

We could even call it The Jimmy Hill!!! Let's move the statue there! All in favour say aye!!!

rupert_bear

Will be interesting how the local old bill view that. Can they prevent access ? I think if they can they will.

ccfcway

gotta say, the Hill idea is my fav so far

I would like an old boys game at the ricoh, but its completely dismissing the team , and asking the old boys to do the same

If we are at the ground, outside on the hill, it would mean more money for policing, we can see most of the game, pay for a coach, so no money in SISU's pockets, but still sing and support the players

Love the idea of all meating up on the Jimmy Hill

Cobblers36

They usually put up fences when there is a 'big game' at Sixfields to stop people watching from the hill - purely to ensure large groups don't gather and cause trouble.

Suspect those fences will come back for your games and be a permanent fixture. You can see through the fences though, just can't stand on the hill.

ccfcway

They usually put up fences when there is a 'big game' at Sixfields to stop people watching from the hill - purely to ensure large groups don't gather and cause trouble.

Suspect those fences will come back for your games and be a permanent fixture. You can see through the fences though, just can't stand on the hill.

Damn you and you "Fisher Fence"

It wont stop us on The Jimmy Hill

chiefdave

It won't take the Police long to move you on or arrest you either I'm afraid.
they may well do but what basis would they have for doing that? Is it public land? Maybe the SBT could speak with the Northants police and have it authorised in advance.

ccfcway

absolutely. If this is agreed as the way to protest, SBT could / should speak to the police about how we do it..

Already NTFC fans getting quite twitchy about us being at their / SISUs new ground ?

Cobblers36

It won't be peaceful though will it?

I'm not sure why you think coming to Northampton to protest about groundsharing with Northampton makes sense?

The best idea I have seen from your fans is to turn up at the Ricoh the day of your games and protest there, or FL headquarters, somewhere where it will actually make sense.

Turning up to the hill to watch the game but say hey we aren't paying you any money won't achieve anything and numbers would soon dwindle.

Cobblers36

Twitchy no, annoyed yes.

Didn't have an issue with Coventry and felt sorry for your plight, comments about NTFC from some of your fans though have changed a lot of our minds.

Think we'd rather you just went into liquidation but it's too late for that as the deal is done.

ccfcway

I'm not sure why you think coming to Northampton to protest about groundsharing with Northampton makes sense?

The best idea I have seen from your fans is to turn up at the Ricoh the day of your games and protest there, or FL headquarters, somewhere where it will actually make sense.

Turning up to the hill to watch the game but say hey we aren't paying you any money won't achieve anything and numbers would soon dwindle.

I'm not sure why Northampton think getting into bed with SISU makes sense either.

Even if we do see nothing, we need to show we still support the team, but not the owners...

Numbers will deffo dwindle, but we are used to that !

chiefdave

don't see why it wouldn't be peaceful unless you're suggesting Northampton fans aren't going to be happy with the protest and try and start trouble. The reason for it is to make the players aware we still support them and illustrate that low attendances are not down to the fact that we can't be bothered to travel to Northampton.

Cobblers36

Fair points, think it would have more impact elsewhere.

As far as our chairman is concerned it's purely a groundshare deal and we aren't getting into bed with anyone, the deal is massively weighed in our favour (as you'd expect) in terms of get out clauses etc.

You genuinely wouldn't get any trouble from our fans at all, we're a very mild bunch. Wreck the stadium and surrounding area then you'd probably get some retaliation but generally we'll just leave you to do whatever you want to do.

duffer

Twitchy no, annoyed yes.

Didn't have an issue with Coventry and felt sorry for your plight, comments about NTFC from some of your fans though have changed a lot of our minds.

Think we'd rather you just went into liquidation but it's too late for that as the deal is done.

If you're expecting us to be grateful for your chairman 'rescuing' us from our plight, I'm afraid you're in the wrong place.

Without your money-grabbing chairman our money-grabbing owners might have been forced into a different path, possibly even selling the club to someone who gave a sh*t about the club staying in Coventry.

Let's hope your club never needs a similar "rescue", eh.

And if I want to stand on a hill, I'll go stand on a hill. No one whining on a message board is going to stop me. If the police have to put extra resources on to move us off, so much the better. More costs for SISU to have to bear perhaps.

Cobblers36

Nobody expects you to be grateful. However perhaps look at it from his point of view looking after the best interests of his club.

Interestingly we have had our spells dicing with liquidation, look up our history. However we never have been in a position of not playing in our town, although we did use to be tenants at the Cricket Club.

If going to a town to protest about your club playing in that town is what you think will be a good thing and make a difference then so be it, nobody can stop you and to be quite frank it doesn't bother me.

I personally think there are lots more productive ways of getting your points across. As a Cobblers fan I don't give a bollocks what you do or what happens to Coventry.

As a football fan I am concerned and willing to offer my support in any way possible, be that with ideas or tips and contacts if you need them.

The Penguin

Twitchy no, annoyed yes.

The douchebags on social media saying crap like, "let's go to NTFC and wreck their ground" do us no favours, that is true.

For what it's worth most of us would prefer for Sixfields to be the home of the Cobblers and nobody else.

chiefdave

As far as our chairman is concerned it's purely a groundshare deal and we aren't getting into bed with anyone, the deal is massively weighed in our favour (as you'd expect) in terms of get out clauses etc.

If you're chairman thinks that he needs to look further at who he's dealing with. Investigate SISU not just in relation to CCFC but everything else they get involved in and you will find court cases left right and centre and companys being cast aside and destroyed by SISU - it's what they do. He may think he's got a contract that covers him, so did ACL (they have a contract for CCFC to play at the Rioch that is still valid and has over 40 years to run and are preparing the pitch and stadium for the first game of the season), so did the Higgs Centre (until SISU refused to pay for maintenace / damages). Everyone that deals with them always comes off worse and I don't see any reason that NTFC will be the exception.

In less than 24 hours it's gone from 3 years to 5, it will be way longer than that as we all know. Also how aware are NTFC that if SISU get their way with the judicial review it may very well prevent Northants council from being involved in the development of Sixfields.

duffer

Nobody expects you to be grateful. However perhaps look at it from his point of view looking after the best interests of his club.

Interestingly we have had our spells dicing with liquidation, look up our history. However we never have been in a position of not playing in our town, although we did use to be tenants at the Cricket Club.

If going to a town to protest about your club playing in that town is what you think will be a good thing and make a difference then so be it, nobody can stop you and to be quite frank it doesn't bother me.

I personally think there are lots more productive ways of getting your points across. As a Cobblers fan I don't give a bollocks what you do or what happens to Coventry.

As a football fan I am concerned and willing to offer my support in any way possible, be that with ideas or tips and contacts if you need them.

So do you give a bollocks, or not, because that's not quite clear? If you don't care about Coventry, then what are you doing on this board?

However, if you've got an interest in football outside of your support for your own club, then you might want to complain to your chairman and explain that even though he (and possibly NTFC) might make a few quid out of it, owners like SISU are clearly not good for the game and supporting them in this is the wrong option.

For all you know, clowns like SISU might get hold of your club one day and utterly wreck it like they are wrecking ours. If that day comes I hope we don't come to your 'rescue' in the same way that you are coming to ours.

ccfcway

If you're chairman thinks that he needs to look further at who he's dealing with. Investigate SISU not just in relation to CCFC but everything else they get involved in and you will find court cases left right and centre and companys being cast aside and destroyed by SISU - it's what they do. He may think he's got a contract that covers him, so did ACL (they have a contract for CCFC to play at the Rioch that is still valid and has over 40 years to run and are preparing the pitch and stadium for the first game of the season), so did the Higgs Centre (until SISU refused to pay for maintenace / damages). Everyone that deals with them always comes off worse and I don't see any reason that NTFC will be the exception.

In less than 24 hours it's gone from 3 years to 5, it will be way longer than that as we all know. Also how aware are NTFC that if SISU get their way with the judicial review it may very well prevent Northants council from being involved in the development of Sixfields.

exactly what i said to a friend of mine who is a NTFC fan...

2 senerios -

1) If they lose JR, they will be all over NTFC ground as they cant get Ricoh any more
2) If they win JR, they will stop Northapton Council redeveloping Sixfeild

NTFC fans really do not know what their club has just done

Users who are viewing this thread