The Hill Solution (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

I'm the secretary. Sorry again for the confusion. Here's proof I've still (kinda) got it ;-)

Yes and my fingers are still swollen head red like a matchstick and I only did about half an hour CJ hero's performance Saturday and Sunday :)

CJ_covblaze

That's going miles wide! Talk about 'one for the cameras!'. :)

I'd already pushed it down and wide! Twisting my wrist Futsal style :)

CJ_covblaze

There's no mercy here CJ - you should know that by now!

Though as someone who has broken wrists and fingers from being obliged to go in goal, I've nothing but respect for someone who volunteers for the position. I've always presumed this is why goalies only talk to other goalies before and after games; they'd rather talk to their equals than their lessers. ;)

My reason was down to the old man throwing balls at me constantly when I was 2! Hate not being able to play any more :-(

duffer

Your trying to tell me that standing on a hill in Northampton will get more publicity than closing down a street in Central London. You're gonna end up alienating the Northampton fans who are largely on your side. Playing straight into SISU's hands.

If you're largely on our side, then what exactly are you doing about it? It's the second time I've asked you that, only to hear very little in reply.

If you don't like the thought of us being there, then go complain at your chairman rather than getting all upset about us standing on a hill. We'd rather not be there either, but l suspect we'll get a lot more publicity stood there than we will outside a closed office in London. Of course there's nothing to stop us doing both.

Playing straight into SISUs hands? I don't think so. And alienating NTFC fans, clearly it doesn't take much to do that for some of them.

mattylad

I have to say I agree with the NTFC fans a protest at the Ricoh is far more symbolic to our cause. Going to Sixfields just proves you are prepared to travel.

pusbccfc

I fancy the hill... Like many I want to watch the lads, but I don't want to give sisu another penny.

duffer

I have to say I agree with the NTFC fans a protest at the Ricoh is far more symbolic to our cause. Going to Sixfields just proves you are prepared to travel.

Politely, I don't quite see it that way. Going to Sixfields to protest shows that you're willing to travel to protest and that you're not prepared to put another penny into SISU's hands.

imho, that's a more powerful action than turning up at the Ricoh, though I'd agree there's value in that too.

duffer

will be just like the coffin protest; 5 mins into the game people will just dissappear into the ground

Maybe they will and maybe they won't, but I'd be surprised if those who made the effort to get there would give up that easily.

To be honest the most effective protest will simply be the thousands who don't turn up anywhere. That will hurt SISU more than any group of fans stood in any one place.

chiefdave

Are we supposed to take your word on that? Why avoid an effective protest at the Football League and come and sit on a hill it's ridiculous. Also your gonna piss our fans off and all solidarity will be lost. I'd seriously avoid this if I were you.

Why are you getting so wound up about it? The point is it shows that people are prepared to travel, just aren't prepared to give a penny to SISU and also shows support for the players.

I don't think anyone is suggesting we do this on anything other that days we're playing there nor is anyone saying this will be the only protest that ever happens.

Users who are viewing this thread