The holiday 2023 thread (1 Viewer)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
We toured Cambodia last year as part of a wider trip across Vietnam, Laos, Thailand. Cambodian people incredible and maybe the best part of the trip, I said to the wife about selling up, you’d live like kings and queens over there.
Amazing people and amazing place, definitely going back

clint van damme

Please update us on your time in Ho Chi Minh. I lost my soul in that place. The Backpacker district for a night out is absolutely bonkers and like something from The Hangover films.

I wondered how long before SBTs answer to Alan Whicker joined the chat! (You're probably too you to know who that is!).

Happy to update but I'm a bit too old for that carry on, I'm more likely to be hitting the Ovaltine District!

Sky_Blue_Daz

No holiday This year as we will be renovating our house , but my wife turns 50 and my daughter turns 21 in 2025 so am thinking a multi centre in Orlando and New York .

Sick Boy

Hopefully going back to Mexico in August and revisit some of the place we visited on our honeymoon except this time with teenagers in tow. Mexico City, Zihuatanejo, Puerto Vallarta Guantanejo back to Mexico City. Did this last time 19 years ago along with Mazatlan and then the Los Mochis to Chihuahua train along the Copper Canyon. Great holiday and no trouble or hassle at all. Never fancied the Cancun area.
Really want to go to Mexico and Colombia.

Covkid1968#

Cape Verde done… fantastic
Got wedding in Croatia in June
Ios in Greece in Sept
Portugal for my Mums 80th in October

kicking the arse out of it this year!!! Be proper skint next year!! But mums only 80 once and one of my best mates getting married so thought feck it.

rob9872

@clint van damme been texting my bro-in-law and it's Siem Reap they live if you're still there.

No idea if it's a big place or not, but he'll most likely be found smoking a joint or playing guitar and singing (usually something like Oasis) as he attends open mic nights in their local bar!

clint van damme

@clint van damme been texting my bro-in-law and it's Siem Reap they live if you're still there.

No idea if it's a big place or not, but he'll most likely be found smoking a joint or playing guitar and singing (usually something like Oasis) as he attends open mic nights in their local bar!

Cheers Rob, but left last night, currently waiting for a bus to the ferry port than onto the islands.

Fair play to your sister and BiL though, I really liked it there, I bet they've got a great lifestyle.

Bertola

Booked to go back to the Algarve again this year. Wasn't planning on doing the same holiday, but saw such a good deal we couldn't resist.

Loved it there, so happy to go back.

Also looking at a kids-free trip in December somewhere for our 10 year anniversary. Just need to decide where. Suggestions welcome

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Bilbao booked with a few lads, timed to watch a game but also enjoy the local area £64 return is insane but sadly is from Gatwick but one of the lads lives down that way so not too bad.
Wife has told me we are taking the grandson to Lapland this year, told her its cheap in June, her stare was Medusa like

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Off to Malta (Sliema) in March and Montenegro in July, both for a week. If anyone's got any recommendations for stuff that's 'must see' or do in either place they'd be very welcome.

Booked to go back to the Algarve again this year. Wasn't planning on doing the same holiday, but saw such a good deal we couldn't resist.

Loved it there, so happy to go back.

Also looking at a kids-free trip in December somewhere for our 10 year anniversary. Just need to decide where. Suggestions welcome
You bothered about it being warm/prefer a proper winter trip somewhere?

Bertola

You bothered about it being warm/prefer a proper winter trip somewhere?
We're thinking a city break in Europe (Original plan was NY as thats where we got engaged, but probably too far just in case we needed to rush back for the kids). Wouldn't be opposed to somewhere with a little bit of sun though

We're thinking a city break in Europe (Original plan was NY as thats where we got engaged, but probably too far just in case we needed to rush back for the kids). Wouldn't be opposed to somewhere with a little bit of sun though
Prague is brilliant so that's one place i can say from experience is worth a visit, also Munich. Sofia and Budapest are two places i have read plenty of good reviews of, i think the latter has loads good spas/bathouses that are meant to be good in winter. If you are travelling in December maybe see what Christmas Markets are well rated if you think youd like that.

Marty

Off to Malta (Sliema) in March and Montenegro in July, both for a week. If anyone's got any recommendations for stuff that's 'must see' or do in either place they'd be very welcome.

I'd hire a car for a couple of days, Valletta (the capital) is lovely and they fire off the cannons everyday at mid-day (iirc) at the upper barrakka gardens. Also a world war 2 museum and a monument a short walk away.

Mdina has some catacombs that are worth a visit and the old city is amazing.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Lisbon - fantastic place

I'd hire a car for a couple of days, Valletta (the capital) is lovely and they fire off the cannons everyday at mid-day (iirc) at the upper barrakka gardens. Also a world war 2 museum and a monument a short walk away.

Mdina has some catacombs that are worth a visit and the old city is amazing.
WW2 and the Knights of St John are definitely themes i want to cover a bit whilst there. Kids are 15 and 7 so need to keep them entertained too but i'll have a look into car hire as that could be really useful. Cheers for the suggestions!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Off to Par Sands in Cornwall in a few weeks, and will visit a younger sister who I've only met once before, (long story), then a week in Bridlington in early September. Haven't been abroad for years now. Too old, and with the missus with the onset of dementia, it wouldn't be a good idea.

Terry_dactyl

Got my first ever ‘lads’ holiday coming up, with 4 blokes from my old football team. I’ve managed to avoid all previous excursions. We’re off to Hamburg, to coincide with St Pauli vs Hamburg match.
They regularly go away together, sometimes more mob handed. I think I’ve only been invited because I’ve been there before. My feeling is it’s going to be a Reeperbahn heavy excursion, rather than taking in the UNESCO World Heritage sites and the Elbe Philarmonic…I’m slightly worried.

fernandopartridge

Got my first ever ‘lads’ holiday coming up, with 4 blokes from my old football team. I’ve managed to avoid all previous excursions. We’re off to Hamburg, to coincide with St Pauli vs Hamburg match.
They regularly go away together, sometimes more mob handed. I think I’ve only been invited because I’ve been there before. My feeling is it’s going to be a Reeperbahn heavy excursion, rather than taking in the UNESCO World Heritage sites and the Elbe Philarmonic…I’m slightly worried.

I've been on many lads breaks but funnily enough only to Hamburg with my wife. Reeperbahn is quite close to where St Pauli play iirc.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Terry_dactyl

I've been on many lads breaks but funnily enough only to Hamburg with my wife. Reeperbahn is quite close to where St Pauli play iirc.

Yeah, just round the corner really. I’ve been to watch them and HSV before but we’ll try and find a bar for the game.
I really like Hamburg. It’s massive. My Mrs and I sat on the beach when we went last year!

fernandopartridge

Yeah, just round the corner really. I’ve been to watch them and HSV before but we’ll try and find a bar for the game.
I really like Hamburg. It’s massive. My Mrs and I sat on the beach when we went last year!
Enjoy your break, to be fair most lads even if playing it up are amenable to not getting on it all day everyday so you'll be fine.

LastGarrison

Enjoy your break, to be fair most lads even if playing it up are amenable to not getting on it all day everyday so you'll be fine.

Well you say that……

I’ve been to Hamburg twice for lads weekends and literally never seen anything else bar the Reeperbahn and surrounding streets.

LastGarrison

A sign of old age I reckon, and something I’ve never done before, but I’m going back to two of the same places I did last year.

Frankfurt in May with a couple of mates just because we had such a good crack last year and the flights are perfectly timed and cheap in and out of Brum.

Then a week at a stunning all inclusive place in Turkey with the Missus. Always been one for getting out and about and seeing and doing things but last year this place just hit the spot.

Adge

Was flying to Spain on 20th April-typical! 😩Managed to change the flights though to Monday 22nd for £60-result!

Marty

Any recommendations for Costa del sol? First time going to that region of Spain, so not really a clue where's best.

Users who are viewing this thread