The 'I told you so' thread (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

I'll make a few:

Marc McNulty will score 15+ goals this season in all competitions

James Maddison will move on from Norwich for very big money within next 2 seasons

We will reach the 70 point mark this season for the first time since FL induction

We will play at Wembley again within the next 2 seasons

Not too bad so far.

McNulty one looks likely and so does the Maddison one.

70 points this season could also be on providing we don’t ‘Cov’ it again in the second half of the season. Wembley too via the play-offs.

Should have put a bet on!

ccfcway

In 91, I remember having a bet with a mate at school that Tony Sheridan would go on to have 100 caps for Ireland.

He didn't get one :)

Adge

In 91, I remember having a bet with a mate at school that Tony Sheridan would go on to have 100 caps for Ireland.

He didn't get one :)
Used to hang around with him a bit at that time as he lodged with my mums neighbour down by the forum. Didn’t like it when I used to beat him at snooker!
Shame as he was more interested in women and bear and didn’t get on with Phil Neal either at the time.

rob9872

OK I'll have a go and see if i can make myself look silly in a couple of years :)

Bayliss will be in the Premiership by 2020 but sadly not with CCFC. Possible national call up.

Maddison will have a full England cap

CCFC will be on the verge of promotion to the championship (despite SISU who will still own us)

Michael Doyle will be our next manager

England will get SF of world cup and Lindegarrd will be next summer's star

Ponticelli frustrated with lack of starts will leave for another club be loaned back at the same level as us and score against us.

That young lump up front for Villa they are raving about (Davis) will be in L1 at best.

Brylowes

Not too bad so far.

McNulty one looks likely and so does the Maddison one.

70 points this season could also be on providing we don’t ‘Cov’ it again in the second half of the season. Wembley too via the play-offs.

Should have put a bet on!
Away to Spurs in the 5th round would do for Wembley

Otis

OK I'll have a go and see if i can make myself look silly in a couple of years :)

Bayliss will be in the Premiership by 2020 but sadly not with CCFC. Possible national call up.

Maddison will have a full England cap

CCFC will be on the verge of promotion to the championship (despite SISU who will still own us)

Michael Doyle will be our next manager

England will get SF of world cup and Lindegarrd will be next summer's star

Ponticelli frustrated with lack of starts will leave for another club be loaned back at the same level as us and score against us.

That young lump up front for Villa they are raving about (Davis) will be in L1 at best.
Okay, I will have a go too.

In two years time Lee Burge still won't be a goalkeeper and Ryan Haynes will dye his hair brown and play a lot better. Stokes dyes his ginger and plays a lot, lot worse.

People will look at Chris Coleman, shake their heads and say 'so it WAS all down to Gareth Bale then after all, eh.'

Our preferred site for the new stadium will be identified yet again and Jon Sharpe will say 'For the eleventy billioneth time, no, they are not bloody groundsharing with us.'

Cov will finally get to play Wasps. Dai Young previews the match in the Coventry Observer (Coventry's last newspaper) and says he believes that Wasps can pull off a shock victory against their mighty rivals.

Biamou still won't have got a goal, but will be a work in progress.

Oh, and I have a sudden burst of excitement as my wife smiles for the first time ever, only to discover it was just a bit of wind.

Further afield, Donald Trump somehow survives an assassination attempt, the 17th in just the last 3 and half weeks and is once again denying he spoke inappropriately and was misquoted and that he actually said he hated 'slacks, swimming and maize.'

He also threatens to nuke Lichtenstein because he can't spell it and has no idea where it is.

The British prime minister, Katie Hopkins, says she quite admires him. Newly anointed Queen Eugenie (following the tragic royal family exploding Cuban cigar incident) is not quite so impressed and describes him as 'an anus horribilis.'

Last edited:

oucho

Just leaving this here so either I, or someone else ;) can bump this in a season or two.

Now personally I feel Conor Thomas will be the biggest mistake to let go out of him, Fleck and Vincelot.

Let's see how *that* judgement pans out, eh.

Quite genuinely, what WERE you smoking when you wrote this post???

rob9872

I'll make a few:

James Maddison will move on from Norwich for very big money within next 2 seasons

We will reach the 70 point mark this season for the first time since FL induction

I'm still happy with my predictions but you sir look to have nailed it!

Terry Gibson's perm

When reading this I thought slower than platt had written it last week well done that man and also a good judge of our young players

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Maddison for England before next World Cup. Ben (sometimes known as Phil - thanks Rob!) Foden next superstar. We make League 1 play offs (minimum), but SkyBlue Ruffian still bumps the 'Taxi for Robbins thread'. Boris Johnson comes out and runs away to Australia with Trump, but Trump gets confused and ends up killed in Austria, when his hair gets trapped in a crevasse.

Last edited:

rob9872

Maddison for England before next World Cup. Ben Foden next superstar. We make League 1 play offs (minimum), but SkyBlue Ruffian still bumps the 'Taxi for Robbins thread'. Boris Johnson comes out and runs away to Australia with Trump, but Trump gets confused and ends up killed in Austria, when his hair gets trapped in a crevasse.
Is Ben any relation to Phil H? :)

edgy

I'll make a few:

Good effort that.

Citysince47

Maddison for England before next World Cup. Ben Foden next superstar. We make League 1 play offs (minimum), but SkyBlue Ruffian still bumps the 'Taxi for Robbins thread'. Boris Johnson comes out and runs away to Australia with Trump, but Trump gets confused and ends up killed in Austria, when his hair gets trapped in a crevasse.
I don't want those 3 idiots in my country thank you

D

Deleted member 4439

Waiting for Slower than Platt to tell me whether I have invested wisely in a ST. The man's a visionary.

covcity4life

mowbray good manager(got blackburn promoted)
nazon does pass(numerous assists after my post)
slade reason we got relegated(1pt off safety to 17 or whatever it was)
willis shouldnt be sold(vital to promotion)

just a few

luckily i am not sort to say i told you so

wingy

mowbray good manager(got blackburn promoted)
nazon does pass(numerous assists after my post)
slade reason we got relegated(1pt off safety to 17 or whatever it was)
willis shouldnt be sold(vital to promotion)

just a few

luckily i am not sort to say i told you so
No Indeed CC4L ,you are the Oracle! !:p

SlowerThanPlatt

Just seen this :D the only one I was really confident about was that Maddison would move to the Prem within 2 years. He’s the only young player I’ve been sure when I watched him in the youths that would make it to the big time. There’s another player coming through who is borderline and potentially on the same level. Always one or two steps ahead of everyone else on the pitch

I am sure he will be mentioned heavily in the U18/U21 Development Thread this season

clint van damme

Just seen this :D the only one I was really confident about was that Maddison would move to the Prem within 2 years. He’s the only young player I’ve been sure when I watched him in the youths that would make it to the big time. There’s another player coming through who is borderline and potentially on the same level. Always one or two steps ahead of everyone else on the pitch

I am sure he will be mentioned heavily in the U18/U21 Development Thread this season

go on mate, spill the beans, who is it?

Otis

Burroughs?

Users who are viewing this thread