The late charge (1 Viewer)

Otis

I shouldn't really be saying the one in the right in all honesty though, cos the one on the left is my missus.

covcity4life

if we get gap down to 4pts then all the pressure is on exeter,notts county and wycombe. we will be outsiders who pretty mcuh have playoff spot cemented, can play with less pressure.

it is not likely hence 66/1 but it is possible. and i imagine we would have a 20k crowd on last day of season if auto promotion and pitch invasion was possible!

gotta hope relegated chesterfield play with some freedom and put a show on for their fans

rob9872

I suspect in true CCFC fashion, we'll have a shot on the last day in front of a big crowd and cock it up ourselves regardless of the other results. It's simply what we do best every time there is big expectation at the Ricoh (*Gillingham game apart of course)

Mcbean

There is a difference with these matches as the results will mean a positive outcome for the club - all the other must win games were precursors to relegation or cup games - they achieved this in the Checkatrade trophy and i think Robins can convince the squad again - the fan power on Friday night was part of it - awesome show of support for something we believe in - PUSB

Otis

Massively optimistic here, but I have a hunch we’ll sneak 3rd place with 80 points, scoring a few goals to take us over Wycombe on Goal Difference.
Tuesday night is huge. Win that game and we could be looking at having an autos shot on the last day.
I’m looking at the run in on the basis we win all our last 3. I think we will do this however don’t get me wrong i know its a big ask.

Notts county: need 4 points from 2 games for 80 points plus better GD.
They have a by no means easy game away at Grimsby, followed by Luton at home. Most likely result is 2 draws from them- meaning they finish on 78 points.

Next is Exeter: we have better GD so they could need 4 points to top our potential 80. They have Stevenage away followed by Colchester at home. Massive pressure on them in these games and I hope to god Colchester and Stevenage will make life tough for them. Will go to the final day.

Wycombe: just lost 4-0 at home. dropped form and lost Akinfenwa at just the wrong time. They need 2 points to hit 80, but from our potential 3 wins we’ll have made the goal difference up if they only manage draws. Chesterfield away and Stevenage at home. Straight forward but a draw or loss at Chesterfield away puts massive pressure on them final day.

All the teams still have a lot to do and we are all Stevenage fans for there remaining 2 games. none of the contenders are in great form whatsoever. Win Tuesday and i think it’ll go to the last day fighting for Autos.

Made this post more for my own good to keep track of what needs to happen. In a dream world we go up 80 points +20 goal difference after 3 consecutive 2-0 wins and teams around us stuttering a bit :) PUSB
The late charge still on then we think?

All we need now are for the teams above to all be docked points for fielding ineligible players.

Users who are viewing this thread