The Northampton End (1 Viewer)

jesus-wept

Was told this weekend that Northampton chairman/owner is on the brink of dumping or being dumped of Northampton Town Football Club. They are in a real mess at the bottom of league 2 and was told other directors are not happy bunnies. Now that could leave an interesting scenario re us continuing our stay at Northampton should Cardoza sling his hook what would they do about us continuing there.

hill83

Don't worry there are contracts...

..Everyone will respect the terms of a contract.

423.gif

letsallsingtogether

Rolling season on season I believe.
Will need us there as they may not have a team of their own soon.....:thinking about:

Don't worry there are contracts...

..Everyone will respect the terms of a contract.

duffer

I feel sorry for NTFC, but not for that money-grabbing sh*t.

If Northampton should get relegated I wonder if it makes things more complex on the groundshare too.

In essence at that point you have a non-league club's fixtures taking precedence over a league club. Regardless of the actual rules (which I don't think would allow this), I'm sure the FL have 'discretion' so that they can bottle any required decision again.

Spionkop

Watching the game on BT yesterday it was encouraging how commentator Ian Darke kept viewers up on why City fans were protesting on Friday and talking about the 'scandal' of playing in Northampton, he said this a few times. & Garry Mac also chipping in on it often.
Flying Fokker has a point and I think most of us recognise this, at the moment Northampton are in big trouble, financially it appears as well as on the pitch. I've no sympathy for Cardoza at all. Made his bed and all that. BUT Sisu will do ANYTHING to make a buck. They are capable of anything.
A total boycott of Sixfields is the answer.

John_Silletts_Nose

I cannot see SISU buying Northampton Town, Joy openly admits that she would not make the same investment again as in 2007, so why would she buy Northampton Town.

Sky Blue Kid

ccfcway View Post Northampton Sky Blues ...................................................................................Don't like it, but it could well be the outcome!

blueflint

she wouldn't have to buy northampton just keep us playing there would do it

cardoza is unlikely to sell the club just as the redevelopement he has been working on for about a decade is due to happen. It has been a bit of a shambles lately but hopefully (for us) now a new manager is in place things will get sorted out. A lot of cobblers fans havent been happy with cardoza making decisions without fan consultation, ie every transfer is an undisclosed fee. When we went in to administration in 92 we were the first club to be taken over by a supporter's trust, to rip a club away from it's community for money completely contradicts the spirit in which our club was saved. Again, this is what happens when non football people take over clubs.

Sky Blue Sheepy

cardoza is unlikely to sell the club just as the redevelopement he has been working on for about a decade is due to happen. It has been a bit of a shambles lately but hopefully (for us) now a new manager is in place things will get sorted out. A lot of cobblers fans havent been happy with cardoza making decisions without fan consultation, ie every transfer is an undisclosed fee. When we went in to administration in 92 we were the first club to be taken over by a supporter's trust, to rip a club away from it's community for money completely contradicts the spirit in which our club was saved. Again, this is what happens when non football people take over clubs.

See this is the awkward thing with this groundshare. I've never had an issue with Northampton Town FC but feel resentful of the club because of your owner. Is your view (one I agree with btw) generally shared by the majority of your fans, or do most welcome the money regardless?

See this is the awkward thing with this groundshare. I've never had an issue with Northampton Town FC but feel resentful of the club because of your owner. Is your view (one I agree with btw) generally shared by the majority of your fans, or do most welcome the money regardless?
For
poll_left.gif
poll_middle.gif
poll_right.gif
43 (36.8%)
Against
poll_left.gif
poll_middle.gif
poll_right.gif
49 (41.9%)
Undecided
poll_left.gif
poll_middle.gif
poll_right.gif
25 (21.4%)
Total Voters: 113

This was the poll on our forum (closed in July). I think opinions vary. You'd be suprised how little the majority of our fans know about the situation with SISU, ACL etc. I think theres a bit of a small town attitude with a minority of our fans where they actually enjoy the fact that the once mighty Coventry City are now our tenants. I think on the whole most people are aware our ground is used by another club every other sunday and we get some money for it and they havent got an opinion either way.

SunZoomSpark

Northampton Town have blood on their hands with all this...sooner they get relegated and disappear into non-league oblivion the better

Warwickhunt

Watching the game on BT yesterday it was encouraging how commentator Ian Darke kept viewers up on why City fans were protesting on Friday and talking about the 'scandal' of playing in Northampton, he said this a few times. & Garry Mac also chipping in on it often.
Flying Fokker has a point and I think most of us recognise this, at the moment Northampton are in big trouble, financially it appears as well as on the pitch. I've no sympathy for Cardoza at all. Made his bed and all that. BUT Sisu will do ANYTHING to make a buck. They are capable of anything.
A total boycott of Sixfields is the answer.
If Norfamptun get relegated to the conference it would mean that majority of funding they receive will come from CCFC paying rent, sounds like we got a feeder club

Users who are viewing this thread