The one's wondering where it went wrong... (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue 1987

Think back to when you were told that we had to sell madders because we were about to go bust...i heard this too from someone close to the club/players....madders did not want to leave but we had to sell for us to survive as we would have been liquidated, the players were not paid in december and the slump in form started not long after the players weren't paid in that month...stop guessing/assuming and realise we still have serious problems behind the scenes which have affected the players....the total change in peformance hasn't come from no where, i have been reading and observing so many posters on here that think they know it all when they have not got a clue....makes me sick to realise the state we are still in but u will all see it soon

hill83

I'm going to need proof chap, because as it stands right now you are looking like one of the posters who thinks they know it all when they haven't got a clue. Until I see proof you are filed under 'bollockspouter'. All the best though.

Sky Blue 1987

Mowbray did not want him to leave either but the decision was made above his level....mowbray nearly quit because of it, pains me to say but as usual all is not rosy in the sky blue garden!!

Otis

But Northampton players weren't getting paid, yet they kept winning and playing well.

If that is true about our players, well then they are just a bunch of pussies.

Otis

Can't believe TM would quit over one player and a player who wasn't even a first team regular.

Sky Blue 1987

File what you want, as it stands with me you are a poster who only believes what suits yourself, if only you realised and accepted the truth...what i have said is fact believe it or not is ur problem and doesn't bother me

hill83

File what you want, as it stands with me you are a poster who only believes what suits yourself, if only you realised and accepted the truth...what i have said is fact believe it or not is ur problem and doesn't bother me

None of it 'suits me'. I refuse to believe unproven bollocks though. Probably why I'm an atheist to be fair.

Otis

Very hard for fans to believe stuff, because all the time we get posters saying they know this, or have heard this etc. Happens ad nauseum.

No offence, but most of us take everything with a pinch of salt. Been here before, got the t shirt etc.

How did you get privvy to such information?

And why aren't we getting this from lots of other sources too?

Sky Blue 1987

2 post timmy but 10 thousand post observer who finally decided to inform you, your own decision and opinion is welcome but i have an inside view so it really doesn't bother me what you think, it will all come out eventually

hill83

2 post timmy but 10 thousand post observer who finally decided to inform you, your own decision and opinion is welcome but i have an inside view so it really doesn't bother me what you think, it will all come out eventually

Thanks Timothy, all the best. Feel free to bump this thread when it all comes out. Luckily I said I'll need proof and when it comes out that will be proof, so we are all good. Amen.

Otis

But you're not the only one who talks to people close to the club/players. If they've told you they would be telling other people too and we'd better getting the same story from differing sources.

I'm sure the CT woukd have got to hear about it too.

Sky Blue 1987

Thanks Timothy, all the best. Feel free to bump this thread when it all comes out. Luckily I said I'll need proof and when it comes out that will be proof, so we are all good. Amen.

Feel free to bump this thread yourself if and when the truth comes out eventually

smouch1975

It's fair to say there is 'stuff' going on. I live in Australia and know stuff is going on at Villa. But no real point putting it here or villa talk.

If you have something. Of value to city fans. Post it. And provide a source.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Sky Blue 1987

Why do you need a source? Where is the source for the constant drivel from some posters on here, i have stated what i know, believe it or choose not to, it is your choice, it does not bother me who chooses to not believe what i have said and i will leave it there....you will find out the truth soon enough i hope and that is all that matters

smouch1975

Because you present as having something more to say than drivel.

Let's all find out the truth today, good chap

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Otis

Why do you need a source? Where is the source for the constant drivel from some posters on here, i have stated what i know, believe it or choose not to, it is your choice, it does not bother me who chooses to not believe what i have said and i will leave it there....you will find out the truth soon enough i hope and that is all that matters
Why do we need a source? Ha, ha, ha!

Because 99% of rumours put on here talking about 'players said this' and 'someone close to the club' turn out to be bullshit.

BackRoomRummermill

Think back to when you were told that we had to sell madders because we were about to go bust...i heard this too from someone close to the club/players....madders did not want to leave but we had to sell for us to survive as we would have been liquidated, the players were not paid in december and the slump in form started not long after the players weren't paid in that month...stop guessing/assuming and realise we still have serious problems behind the scenes which have affected the players....the total change in peformance hasn't come from no where, i have been reading and observing so many posters on here that think they know it all when they have not got a clue....makes me sick to realise the state we are still in but u will all see it soon

Pure unadulterated made up bull shite

My source is that if players were not paid especially at Christmas it would be national sports news and would leak on social media well before now

Go away and do something constructive

Nick

Administrator
Wasn't the slump in form from.November?

Otis

Wasn't the slump in form from.November?
Well yep, we started to struggle from then and failed to kill teams off when we had the lead.

Also, I know we all allude to that Gillingham victory as our last really good performance (things started to go wrong following that game), but when you look back at it, Gillingham in that first half just sat back and allowed us to play.

Think I mentioned it in the match thread at the time. Gillingham stood off us in that first half and allowed Fleck all the time in the world on the ball and he was just picking out his passes and spreading the ball all over the place. Second half they put much more pressure on us and closed us down.

Very notable that since then a lot of teams identified Fleck and closed him down early on, denying the space to pull the strings.

The 3 wins we had after the Gillingham game we're Port Vale, which was a very bitty affair and could easily have gone through other way, Crewe away, where their defence was dreadful and then Bury at home, where again their defence were awful.

Think we have been flattered by some inept opposition performances.

You're right, the slump in reality goes back to November.

skybluepm2

What has Maddison contributed to our 'success' this season? Injured in August, returned late December. Since then, the wheels have fallen off dramatically before and after his lucrative move. As for the players not being paid, I'm sure that this would've been well publicized if it were the case. Personally don't think there's an ounce of truth in either story but please feel free to name names and back up your claims. If not, keep it for pub talk.

Grendel

Ok Garry thanks for that.

NorthernWisdom

Pure unadulterated made up bull shite

My source is that if players were not paid especially at Christmas it would be national sports news and would leak on social media well before now

Go away and do something constructive

You say that and... I'm with Hill, I want some actual evidence ;) but...

Lower league clubs not paying wages, not uncommon. There are many occasions where wages are delayed and no, it doesn't make the press;
3,000 fans under the actual requirement to break even, it turns out;
A scramble to sell an option for Maddison, rather than Maddison himself - thus pointing to a need for short term cash flow.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility...

sky_blue_up_north

Funny heard a similar story yesterday, and Mowbray is not a happy chap and ready to move on. Lack of funds, club not following up with the promises. I can't believe the same set of players just go crap over night something is seriously wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread