The queues (1 Viewer)

hamertime

From what I can remember the line is not electrified to the CBS so they needed diesel trains which are in short supply. I’m sure I can remember them saying they were on the way but probably as usual in the midlands anywhere outside of birmingham gets overlooked for funding.

pusbccfc

Lots of pubs and clubs hire minibuses to get to the ground from all over the City. The Craftsman pub, the Parkstone club are two that I know of. I know of people who share taxis to get there from Tile Hill. The club need to try and get a reliable regular train service going to the ground. It’s embarrassing that the station by the ground is so underused.

Spot on. It's a nightmare getting from that side of the city to the ground.

pusbccfc

From what I can remember the line is not electrified to the CBS so they needed diesel trains which are in short supply. I’m sure I can remember them saying they were on the way but probably as usual in the midlands anywhere outside of birmingham gets overlooked for funding.

It's to do with the platforms at Cov station apparently.

The plan to build an additional platform bay was cancelled a few years back...

Nick

Administrator
Lots of pubs and clubs hire minibuses to get to the ground from all over the City. The Craftsman pub, the Parkstone club are two that I know of. I know of people who share taxis to get there from Tile Hill. The club need to try and get a reliable regular train service going to the ground. It’s embarrassing that the station by the ground is so underused.

So the club need to upgrade platforms?

shmmeee

It's to do with the platforms at Cov station apparently.

The plan to build an additional platform bay was cancelled a few years back...

Not even resurrected from the body of HS2?

potholes in London get cash but not train stations in the midlands.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Midweek games are always different to Saturdays, the majority midweek wouldnt have time after work to go to a park and ride system and just want to get back quicker after the game with work the next day.
Saturdays potentially allow more to have time for other transport options if available and offered.
needs different solutions for different days and also the amount of travelling away supporters and how they travel, ie London teams more on train than Middlesbrough fans
Not difficult, just needs planning and common sense along with some joined up groups around infrastructure and marriage values/benefits of what’s being offered and who gains/subsidises

MalcSB

It's just mad that a stadium only given the go-ahead if most people travelled by public transport has barely any trains and no dedicated matchday bus service.
It’s even madder to give something the go ahead based on assumptions that the development actually has little or no control over.

MalcSB

I made a slightly tongue in cheek comment on another thread about Maidstone tickets not being available yet. The club have known since Tuesday that they will be playing Maidstone on 26 February and that it is likely to be well attended. Tickets not available yet, meaning much more delay and more people will end up opting for paper tickets, cunningly marked to fold to make them precisely just too big to fit the scanners, rather than having tickets posted. This will no doubt end up causing delays in entry and queues etc.

why do they never seem to have their arses in gear?

chiefdave

I made a slightly tongue in cheek comment on another thread about Maidstone tickets not being available yet. The club have known since Tuesday that they will be playing Maidstone on 26 February and that it is likely to be well attended. Tickets not available yet, meaning much more delay and more people will end up opting for paper tickets, cunningly marked to fold to make them precisely just too big to fit the scanners, rather than having tickets posted. This will no doubt end up causing delays in entry and queues etc.

I was looking at the website earlier today, away at the moment and thought I must have missed an announcement but nothing.

This kind of thing is frustrating because how hard can it be? We knew well before the replay took place who we would be playing and when. Even if we need to agree details with the opposition give them a call ahead of the replay and get it agreed.

You can have events loaded up on the ticketmaster back end system months in advance of an onsale date if you want. Why not have everything ready to go and as soon as the final whistle went a PA announcement and article on the website that tickets are on sale now? But even if they can't get that organised no reason for it not to be live the next day.

MTK

The issue with buses or park and rides is that you'll have a period before the match when people stagger their journeys up, but after the game everyone wants to get on a bus. We used the Whitley park and ride when the Arena opened but one Saturday we stood for nearly an hour in the rain to get on a bus back to Whitley. Since then we've driven. Doesn't mean we shouldn't use buses - maybe just needs a bit of planning around the practicalities

ovduk78

With regards to scanning season ticket card/paper ticket or barcode on an app and then getting in quicker isn't it time that we moved away from the floor to ceiling turnstiles and had something more lightweight or automatic like at train stations?

Legia Sky Blue

Perhaps the delay is down to the clubs struggling to agree ticket prices.

chiefdave

Perhaps the delay is down to the clubs struggling to agree ticket prices.
I know Doug likes to, rightly, have as much revenue as possible coming in but surely for a Monday night match against non league opposition it will be the same pricing as the last round

What could Maidstone not be agreeing to? They’ll get cheap tickets and can have 6K if they want them

pusbccfc

I know Doug likes to, rightly, have as much revenue as possible coming in but surely for a Monday night match against non league opposition it will be the same pricing as the last round

What could Maidstone not be agreeing to? They’ll get cheap tickets and can have 6K if they want them

4500 will be the max I think.

I really hope he doesn't sting fans for this. We've got a game on Friday that people will be paying £30 for.

oscillatewildly

With regards to scanning season ticket card/paper ticket or barcode on an app and then getting in quicker isn't it time that we moved away from the floor to ceiling turnstiles and had something more lightweight or automatic like at train stations?
What. like those that you could hurdle over?
Do you know why the 'floor to ceiling' model came in?

Skybluedownunder

Worst yet last night. A bad mix of people arriving late, soggy printed tickets and the usual overzealous checks.

They put barriers up to stop the queues moving too far out and that helps at the bars but created a lot of frustration for some. It got quite tense when people had missed kick off and were nowhere near in the stadium. Stewards panicked and stopped searching and checking tickets.

I previously argued people are turning up late but there's clearly something else. They check the bags too late. At other stadiums, they have a table or stewards at the start of the queue checking which then allows people time to get their ticket ready at the turnstile. At the CBS, stewards are searching right up by the door.

@Sky Blue Pete I know this has been discussed multiple times but I don't think the unopened turnstiles under Block 14 have been mentioned. Clearly, SAG have never been keen on fans entering there as it's past the (stupid) fence. Surely reopening these has to be something on the radar soon.

The early food and drink deals aren't enough to get people in early. Does anyone really want a stadium pint at 1pm?

Soggy printed tickets? Do the turnstiles not have somewhere to just scan the ticket off your phone?

The MCG holds over 100,000 people and never has any issue with people getting in and out the ground.

Feel sorry for you lot if it’s stuck in the old age still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingy

Soggy printed tickets? Do the turnstiles not have somewhere to just scan the ticket off your phone?

The MCG holds over 100,000 people and never has any issue with people getting in and out the ground.

They do to the first bit!

Legia Sky Blue

Whose to say its DK that wants the higher ticket prices? Maidstone probably realise this is their last chance to realistically financially milk this competition, so it could just as easily be them that are pushing for higher ticket prices.

I'm also pretty sure both sides have to agree to ticket prices, and that although we are the home time we can't just set ticket prices unilaterally.

pusbccfc

They do but they make it clear to people to print them

Users who are viewing this thread