The Rebuild- Around Hamer and Sheaf (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

Do we have a list of who is out of contract?

I do think this team has taken us as far as we can.
Much like in 2019, we need a new team to take us to the next level

Seaside-Skyblue

Keep Hamer? If that lad has any sort of ambition he makes a move to a higher level while his stock is high. It's not really our choice. Would be amazed if he starts the season with us.
Actually he's under contract so it technically is our choice. But I agree with what you're saying, he deserves to move on a test himself above or wherever he wants to go.

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

It's not fact till it happens.
Keep the faith 😂

I'd have thought that Robins will have a plan for a replacement for Gyokores and Hamer and also a plan for just replacing Gyokeres if there's been any suggestion that Hamer might be open to staying. It'll be interesting to see if we dip into the european market again for a significant sum.

shmmeee

Absolutely no way we keep Gus sadly.

We also have no idea how Palmer and O’Hare will be fitness wise (and let’s be honest in O’Hares case quality wise) next season.

I think it’s time for a change of system TBH, bring in a CB pairing and a RB and go 4231, get a couple of pacy players and a decent striker and hope one of O’Hare and Palmer is fit to fill the number 10 role.

Though I suspect it’ll be the other way around and well bring in players then spend the first quarter of the season working out how to best play them. And that’s fine too.

Samo

Hamer and Vik are both off, lets face facts.
It doesn't have to be the end of the world, a few years ago we'd heard of neither of them.
If a good chunk of the money is reinvested in the team, I'm fine with it.

SkyBlueSoul

Gus and Vik are going and will hopefully bring in £20-30m between them, this is all just part of the process and we have to trust it.

In my opinion we'll bring in young, hungry players as per usual but probably of a higher initial quality than previously, possibly for £2-4m rather than ~£1m. We're also still a very attractive proposition for potential PL loans from top clubs. There'll be a bedding in period next season but we'll end up with a stronger all round squad and consolidate as a top 8 team who are in and around the play-offs come the end of the season. That being said it's a new recruitment team so although I'm willing to trust them, we've no idea what their strike rate will be like.

shmmeee

I'd like to see us move Allen and Godden on if we want to progress forward, too weak.

I don’t think there’s any harm having them around as squad players the last year of their contract TBH, and they provide more consistency in the squad since promotion and the Robins ethos.

We need depth next year, that’s what made the difference for Luton this season, I’d rather have Godden when I’m down to the bones than Tavares, as and much stick as I give him Allen has chipped in with goals this season. I wouldn’t necessarily expect them to be in the first 18, but worth keeping IMO.

SleepyGinger

I’m excited for next season. You’d expect around £30m for Hamer and Gyokeres, a lot of wages freed up with Waghorn, Walker etc contracts expiring and a decent pay day for yesterday.

Great_Expectations

I’m actually excited to see how we line up first game of the season.

Sheaf, McNally, Wilson (?!), Fadz (ish), Palmer, COH, Eccles - all good enough to be part of a promotion winning squad.

Few solid players and two/three special players to replace Hamer/Vik and we’re in for another good season.

It’s a big summer re-build and we’re in a decent place in terms of stability, reputation and hopefully a good budget from the sales.

And of course we’ve seen MR/AV successfully transform us before.

Yesterday was an absolutely shit ending and an opportunity missed, but keep the faith.

shmmeee

If we lose Hamer we need to be able to bring someone in who is at least as good if not better. If the fee is significantly under £10m I'd be tempted to make him play out the final year of his contract. He's the one player who can pretty much single handedly make us a challenger.

Worth a gamble on “one last shot at the Prem and if we don’t make it you’re free to go?”

shepardo01

If we lose Hamer we need to be able to bring someone in who is at least as good if not better. If the fee is significantly under £10m I'd be tempted to make him play out the final year of his contract. He's the one player who can pretty much single handedly make us a challenger.
Don't actually think that is possible for a club like us (financially).
We almost need two players to replace him - one defensive player with his energy and tenacity (massive part of our defensive record) and another with the vision, skill, drive and technical ability to drive our attacks and unlock defenses. (11 goals 10 assists)
The beauty of Hamer is that he does all of the above - and only takes up one name on the team sheet...
That is how good he is....

Last edited:

Paxman II

Sign McNally. Hamer and Vik will likely be sold. Allen, Godden, Walker, Dabo, Moore and a few others can leave imo. Replacements and top loans similar to what we had in Doyle and Cuffy will work well. Spend well and we can attain promotion. I'd keep Faz another year as he works towards a coaching role.

Essexrobbie

We are going to have a very different side next year that's for sure. I hope Robins spends his money well and finds another Hamer and Vik, down the back of someones sofa, otherwise I can see a long hard season ahead.

Major Tom

I think Hamer will be off personally but would be thrilled if we can keep him. Replacing Gyokeres is a huge task, him and Hamer would be seriously challenging
I think Harmer will be a lot harder to replace than Vic
Great business and development at c. £1m each, it’s where we as a club and we could be banking £30m for the pair. That should land us 4 or 5 top championship players and strengthen the bench.

Users who are viewing this thread