The Run In (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

Based off this we have the 5th most difficult run in , in the league

WBA one of the easiest

Hull have similar to us, Norwich a mid run in , got to hope they lose their next 2 really

Blackburn have a really tough run in and could find themselves in the shit fast

Last edited:

napolimp

Doesn't work like that. Form goes up in the air during the run in, teams at risk of relegation will be scrapping for their lives, mid-table sides will end up with nothing to play for. Watford have suddenly started playing really well, who the fuck knows why. Hull and Preston still have to go there.

messiahrobins

Knowing us, after losing today we will go and get 6 points from Leeds and Soton and lose to Blues
Funny you say that as i was thinking i can see us drawing with leeds and beating southampton but losing to Birmingham, i think that Birmingham match is going to be horrible tbh. The last fixture we needed before an Fa Cup semi final.
We are a really good team. Today was one of those days, time to forget it and move on, i wouldnt even bother analysing it if i was the coaching team. We were off it, we know we are better, lets show how good we are with 4 out of 6 points next two games.

Macca

To be going into April with something to play for is a great achievement to be fair. Personally I think by the semi final we will be largely out of serious play off contention so we can go shit or bust against Man Utd. Great occasion to finish the season

Hiraeth

Doesn't work like that. Form goes up in the air during the run in, teams at risk of relegation will be scrapping for their lives, mid-table sides will end up with nothing to play for. Watford have suddenly started playing really well, who the fuck knows why. Hull and Preston still have to go there.
Watford are benefitting from some relative stability, their current manager is halfway through his tenure at the club.

CovLad94

I think we will just miss out, by 2/3 points. Think this season the Utd game is our shot at something special, next season with some quality additions to replace the departing ones and we'll give the league a good go, hopefully start better.

Covkid1968#

I fancy us against Leeds…we do better against attacking teams. Alls not lost. But it’s not looking good

pusbccfc

Leeds will be very tough. Fans will need to be up for it a lot more than today.

Southampton though... Maybe they'll take their foot off the gas? Stuck in the middle of the play offs now. They'll never make the top two.

Blues could be bottom 3 after Leicester on Saturday. They will be fighting for it.

AFCCOVENTRY

If we don’t make the play offs I won’t be disappointed. We didn’t pick up enough points early doors which may hamper us ultimately. Play offs this year will be a different kettle of fish from last season. Much much tougher. We’re set up for next season for THE’ push for promotion. Need 3/4 quality additions to what we’ve got now.

Last edited:

Kingokings204

Agreed.

Last season had a different vibe for me. Cant explain it but you just kind of knew we would get there?

bet you wouldn’t have said that after 4-0 against Stoke.

it’s a bad result. Gutted as we all are. Norwich Preston us and hull all lost today. What price that at the start of the day

Londonccfcfan

We will beat our points total of last year 70 points...I think we get around 73/74 points this year. Which will be a point or two short. But again great progress.

messiahrobins

Agreed.

Last season had a different vibe for me. Cant explain it but you just kind of knew we would get there?
Agree. I knew we would lose today, it is the type of team and scenario this group of players seems to struggle with. I think all season we have tended to win with less possession but lose when we had more possession than the opposition.
Last season we were better defensively and could shithouse more. Mcfadzean is a huge loss for us in terms of experience in these type of pressure situations. Today i felt Kitching in particular looked a bit nervous, and Thomas at times rushed things as well. That being said, last year also felt to me as if that group of players was maxing out what they could achieve, whereas i feel this season we are actually nowhere near the team we will be once this lot have a proper pre-season under their belts.
This team to me is showing at times what it is capable of but is still gelling and learning and for that reason is less likely to keep enough clean sheets in the pressure games like last season which probably means we fall a few points short.
Next season should be fucking epic though!

pusbccfc

Looking back at last year, I'm surprised just how naff things looked after Stoke. 4 points off having played a game extra. We then went and drew that horribly boring game against Swansea followed by the 2-2 against Watford. Remarkably after that dreadful run, we were 3 points off. We clearly relied on others.

The biggest thing for me this year is that it's one space. West Brom being a little too far ahead makes it just too difficult.

Mucca Mad Boys

Agreed.

Last year we had Gyokeres and Hamer who were 2 of the best players in the league. Our team this year is more rounded and the quality is spread across the pitch. There isn’t the same ‘X Factor’ of Vik and Hamer and stubbornness of defence to grind out results and drag us up the table.

Yet, we’re on course to beat last seasons point tally. 4-5 additions to this team and we’re challenging for automatics next season.

long way home

7 league games to go so still lots can happen with plenty of twists and turns yet. Let today settle down, give Palmer, Hadji and Lats a few days off and we look to go again.

Lots of strange results still to come and until we cant get into sixth we still have to go for it. Nothing will shock me in this league still everything to play for.

messiahrobins

Last year we had Gyokeres and Hamer who were 2 of the best players in the league. Our team this year is more rounded and the quality is spread across the pitch. There isn’t the same ‘X Factor’ of Vik and Hamer and stubbornness of defence to grind out results and drag us up the table.

Yet, we’re on course to beat last seasons point tally. 4-5 additions to this team and we’re challenging for automatics next season.
Wright has that X factor i think. Sakamoto does as well but we miss him badly. Simms now is showing what a goalscorer he is.
Defensively is the difference. Kitching and Thomas are outstanding prospects and we are lucky to have them but both are raw and prone at the moment to stupid mistakes. So were Doyle and McNally last year BUT they had Mcfadzean to help them.
People disagree but i still feel Mcfadzean would have been huge for us in this scenario now. Experience at centre back is so important

Mucca Mad Boys

Wright has that X factor i think. Sakamoto does as well but we miss him badly. Simms now is showing what a goalscorer he is.
Defensively is the difference. Kitching and Thomas are outstanding prospects and we are lucky to have them but both are raw and prone at the moment to stupid mistakes. So were Doyle and McNally last year BUT they had Mcfadzean to help them.
People disagree but i still feel Mcfadzean would have been huge for us in this scenario now. Experience at centre back is so important
Simms and Wright have a lot about them, agreed. We need to get more balls into the box for Simms, he’s really proven his value as a goal scorer in recent games.

On the McFadz point, he’d be valuable had we stuck with 3-4-1-2 but in a back 4, I don’t think he’d suit that at all.

Martin180

Simms and Wright have a lot about them, agreed. We need to get more balls into the box for Simms, he’s really proven his value as a goal scorer in recent games.

On the McFadz point, he’d be valuable had we stuck with 3-4-1-2 but in a back 4, I don’t think he’d suit that at all.
Fadz legs had gone last season . He was run ragged in the play off final .
Can see why he was kept in the team early season as aside from Bidwell it was a completely new back line and he was there for stability and experience.
The side has evolved past him and he was rightly given the opportunity to play first team football against

Hobo

Agree. I knew we would lose today, it is the type of team and scenario this group of players seems to struggle with. I think all season we have tended to win with less possession but lose when we had more possession than the opposition.
Last season we were better defensively and could shithouse more. Mcfadzean is a huge loss for us in terms of experience in these type of pressure situations. Today i felt Kitching in particular looked a bit nervous, and Thomas at times rushed things as well. That being said, last year also felt to me as if that group of players was maxing out what they could achieve, whereas i feel this season we are actually nowhere near the team we will be once this lot have a proper pre-season under their belts.
This team to me is showing at times what it is capable of but is still gelling and learning and for that reason is less likely to keep enough clean sheets in the pressure games like last season which probably means we fall a few points short.
Next season should be fucking epic though!

The McFadzean of last season, definitely, but not the one we have seen this season here and at Blackburn. Also we would have to revert to three at the back.

Last edited:

Hobo

Yesterday was typical of a run in. Everyone loses and so do you. Another week you win and everyone else does.

I thought we really needed to win yesterday knowing Norwich had lost. It was a chance not only to close the gap but build pressure on them.

We have a decent home record but I still feel a lot of our performances fall into the laboured rather than ruthless category.

Slow start, too many draws, and even when up and running we have delivered too many lack lustre performances. I think we will look back on this season as one with a lot of missed opportunities.

Hertsccfc

I don’t think it's a given at all that we will be challenging for the automatics next season. It might happen but we might also regret not adding to the squad in January.

We will lose O'Hare, who despite what some posters are saying, has been a major influence. There has to be a risk a few others will go too especially if they perform well in the Semi Final, the most likely being Sheaf in my view.

In my view King should have backed Robins in January. Players like Wright, Latibeaudiere and Palmer should not have had to play both Easter matches after the two international matches, including extra time in the US. Unfortunately Robins didn't really have many realistic options.

Mucca Mad Boys

I don’t think it's a given at all that we will be challenging for the automatics next season. It might happen but we might also regret not adding to the squad in January.

We will lose O'Hare, who despite what some posters are saying, has been a major influence. There has to be a risk a few others will go too especially if they perform well in the Semi Final, the most likely being Sheaf in my view.

In my view King should have backed Robins in January. Players like Wright, Latibeaudiere and Palmer should not have had to play both Easter matches after the two international matches, including extra time in the US. Unfortunately Robins didn't really have many realistic options.

We spent £7m in January…

As for COH, it’ll be loss but he’s not irreplaceable - we survived better players leaving.

shepardo01

I'm still frustrated about yesterday.
Were Cardiff better than us - no.
Have Norwich been better than us over our two games this season - No
West Brom sit comfortably 5th - home game - better team - EFL letter of apology due to performance of officials. away game,start slow, then they couldn't get out of their half from 40 mins onwards. Biggest over achievers in the league.

This will be a season of missed opportunity to reach the play-offs (forget about automatics) - once in, anything can happen.

People talking about next year - pretty much everyone in the top 2/3rds of the division will be saying the same.

O'Hare will be gone. There will be big interest in Sheaf. Nobody knows that we will be a stronger outfit than this season - which we would need to be to get anywhere near troubling autos.

Pressure is on now. A Win yesterday and a draw against Leeds and Southampton would have been "ok" - now I'd say we need at least 4 points to stay in with a shout.

Bit of an all over the shop post, but you try to take every opportunity you get - we let yesterday's slip through our fingers.

Frustrated!!!

CovLad94

7 league games to go so still lots can happen with plenty of twists and turns yet. Let today settle down, give Palmer, Hadji and Lats a few days off and we look to go again.

Lots of strange results still to come and until we cant get into sixth we still have to go for it. Nothing will shock me in this league still everything to play for.
Exactly this

Hertsccfc

West Brom sit comfortably 5th - home game - better team - EFL letter of apology due to performance of officials. away game,start slow, then they couldn't get out of their half from 40 mins onwards. Biggest over achievers in the league.

This will be a season of missed opportunity to reach the play-offs (forget about automatics) - once in, anything can happen.

People talking about next year - pretty much everyone in the top 2/3rds of the division will be saying the same.

O'Hare will be gone. There will be big interest in Sheaf. Nobody knows that we will be a stronger outfit than this season - which we would need to be to get anywhere near troubling autos.

Pressure is on now. A Win yesterday and a draw against Leeds and Southampton would have been "ok" - now I'd say we need at least 4 points to stay in with a shout.

Bit of an all over the shop post, but you try to take every opportunity you get - we let yesterday's slip through our fingers.

Frustrated!!!
We'd need to be a lot stronger than this year to be near the autos. A tall ask without O'Hare, Sheaf and potentially others if that happens. I am not saying it isn’t possible but I think some posters seem to think it's inevitable.

Viktor17

Frustrated!!!
Agree with elements.

I do think we will really give a good challenge next season, but as you say, you can't keep wishing time away, you've gotta grab opportunity in here and now.

I think yesterday has pretty much cooked us, we have to get 3 points min now from Leeds/Saints to stay in serious mix for me.

7 games left, realistically got to win 4, likely 5.

Users who are viewing this thread