The silent majority (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBri

I wonder what they will do come the new season, if we are not at the Ricoh?

These people go to games and judging by those that sit by me, do not get very vocal unless we are really doing well. Yet they turn up every week.

I bet they do not post on the fans web sites, so I find it difficult to judge what their reaction would be to a move away from the Richo.

My best guess is that if we play at the Richo they will turn up no matter who owns us, but if we play anywhere else I think we will lose them.

torchomatic

I agree. Some people just turn up to support their team, regardless of who is in charge of the Club. We shouldn't vilify them for doing so.

Ccfc1979

I know 5 people who do not go on forums. If we're at Ricoh they'll go regardless. If not, they won't go. They've all had season tickets for 40 years too. That, ultimately, is what leaving the Ricoh will do. Kills any good will left in the committed and dedicated.

torchomatic

hill83

I know 5 people who do not go on forums. If we're at Ricoh they'll go regardless. If not, they won't go. They've all had season tickets for 40 years too. That, ultimately, is what leaving the Ricoh will do. Kills any good will left in the committed and dedicated.

I know at least 10 who will be going regardless. (If we are at the Ricoh) and go nowhere near the Internet or polls.
The numbers will be ok next year.

Even my dad won't be going if we move.

torchomatic

Same here. The three of us will go regardless if we are at the Ricoh. I know some other STH and they are doing the same. If we don't play at the Ricoh then we won't attend. Simple really.

I know at least 10 who will be going regardless. (If we are at the Ricoh) and go nowhere near the Internet or polls.
The numbers will be ok next year.

shy_tall_knight

I think SISU have failed to grasp the nature of our support. There are the habitual fans, who have the same match day routine, ie visit the same pub before or after the game. Or get dropped off at the Ricoh whilst wife does the shopping. Come back to Cov every other weekend to say hello to family and friends go to the game. Kids to sport etc.. Saturday morning and then go to Ricoh with child. An extra 2 hours travelling plus the costs is unlikely to become part of the matchday routine. Financial suicide and still can't believe it will happen.

Sky Blue Pete

I wonder what they will do come the new season, if we are not at the Ricoh?

These people go to games and judging by those that sit by me, do not get very vocal unless we are really doing well. Yet they turn up every week.

I bet they do not post on the fans web sites, so I find it difficult to judge what their reaction would be to a move away from the Richo.

My best guess is that if we play at the Richo they will turn up no matter who owns us, but if we play anywhere else I think we will lose them.

I concur with your thoughts

psgm1

Banned
There are no season ticket holders - unless of course you have been given privileged permission to purchase one, which I doubt as we haven't even had confirmation of where sky blues are playing home games yet.

But hey what would I know!

skyblueman

Already decided (3 of us) we're not buying season tickets this year regardless - don't care where we play as long as it's in Cov - if it's not we're not going full stop - happy to pay extra for game by game but only if there's a half reasonable effort of a squad showing some passion and having a proper go at it - if it's a bloody shambles then I'm afraid I'm out!

Astute

I know more Cov fans that don't go on forums than do. Most of them have about reached their limit on what has happened under SISU. Moving our home fixtures would stop I would say more than half going to so called home games. This is included the ones I meet up with at away games. They are used to travelling.

Other than the SISU effect I would say at least half of our supporters have a certain amount they can afford to spend on following their team. The more it costs the less they can go. If it comes down to it would they travel to a home game or travel to an away game they have rarely or never before been to?

Sky Blue Pete

First part I agree...

Second part, based on what? A poll that probably had 1000 participants, of whom, there's no differential to who actually goes and who won't go, that isn't representative of the wider CCFC support? I don't care where we play, we won't get below 1000!

Same with the petition to keep CCFC in Coventry, we don't know what % actually go, therefore, we don't know how many fans who go now won't actually go, as a result, decrease in support can't be calculated, unless you conjure.
Anecdotal evidence my friend. Would very surprised to see attendances of more than 3000 for home games outside of Coventry

sky_blue_up_north

I see a disaster if we are not playing at the Ricoh. I would fully expect home gates of less than a 1000 anywhere else. If we are at the Ricoh, yes I will there....

Last edited:

runner

Whilst SISU are in charge and I use that term very loosely ... I will not be going and have had a season ticket now for many many years ... sad but I've had enough of all their games, not the ones on the pitch ... just theirs. :eek:(

Users who are viewing this thread