The Social Power of football fans (1 Viewer)

j6n5hortt

Good Afternoon all,

I am currently conducting research for my dissertation and would really appreciate any responses to my short survey. It only takes 5 minutes to complete and your input would be invaluable in helping me achieve a good mark.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration. Your participation is greatly appreciated!

Here's the link: Microsoft Forms

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I have filled in. As a bit of feedback I must say I found question 16 difficult as there are only two available slots and you have to choose between Racism, Sexism and homophobia.

j6n5hortt

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep that in mind when analysing the data. Although there is an 'other' option perhaps I should've put 'all of the above' option instead or something along those lines as you are now the second person to have said that to me. Thanks for taking your time to complete the survey, I really appreciate it.

All the best, Jonas.

rob9872

Added mine - very brave of you only offering 4 options for gender :)

With regards to the wider subject, I think clubs can do more to help, but I'm not a fan of protests at football about non-football issues. Simply everyone stop being a tool and make it more inclusive so that everyone feels welcome. I understood and supported the taking of the knee, but that was exceptional and normally I'd prefer to keep politics and football apart, as long people understand both they and the club has a role to play in social responsibility.

j6n5hortt

Q 23 - no options for it becoming less political?
Interesting.. I feel that would be quite a hard case to argue. Sadly I can't offer options for every view as it is only a survey; I am undertaking qualitative interviews with supporter groups as part of the process to gain further insights that may be missed in a survey.

j6n5hortt

Added mine - very brave of you only offering 4 options for gender :)

With regards to the wider subject, I think clubs can do more to help, but I'm not a fan of protests at football about non-football issues. Simply everyone stop being a tool and make it more inclusive so that everyone feels welcome. I understood and supported the taking of the knee, but that was exceptional and normally I'd prefer to keep politics and football apart, as long people understand both they and the club has a role to play in social responsibility.
Hi Rob thanks for the response - I share in agreement with many of your points and believe the majority of English fans probably would do as well. This research is inspired by studies in to German fans and their roles in social campaigns at games and beyond, something which we don't see often in England and so I wanted to explore this area in relation to English fans further! :)

NorthernWisdom

Interesting.. I feel that would be quite a hard case to argue. Sadly I can't offer options for every view as it is only a survey; I am undertaking qualitative interviews with supporter groups as part of the process to gain further insights that may be missed in a survey.
If you don't offer the option, it skews the results and invalidates the question. You're basically loading that question to confirm a hypothesis.

SkyBlueCharlie9

Completed form j6n5hortt. Interesting aspect of football and a very important and powerful force for equality and tolerance. Football has power to change people's attitudes in C21st. I remember the homophobic and racist chants at Highfield Road, and ashamed to say probably joined in with a few! Amazing how education changed my whole outlook on life/society/sport and how much healthier and more rounded that can make you.

Users who are viewing this thread