The Spirits Thread (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4232
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4232

Okay, had the Laphroaig 10 last week and was not a fan. At all.

Very peaty, very... Iodine, salty. Not my Bag.

Had the Ron Zacapa 23, which was brilliant. Chocolatey with honey and a little zest. Might buy me a bottle!

Johnnythespider

Okay, had the Laphroaig 10 last week and was not a fan. At all.

Very peaty, very... Iodine, salty. Not my Bag.

Had the Ron Zacapa 23, which was brilliant. Chocolatey with honey and a little zest. Might buy me a bottle!
Laphroaig is definitely an acquired taste, I had a bottle a couple of years ago. As you say very peaty with a taste of antiseptic throat spray, It was an experience but I haven't been in a hurry to repeat it.

rondog1973

Can't distinguish Laphroaig from Teachers, or TCP for that matter. Not a fan of the peaty malts.

On the other hand, can't recommend even a standard McCallen enough. Was musing whilst supping how there was a toffee note to it and felt like Jilly Goolden when the text on the label said the same!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I love a Drambuie shandy.
But my all time, 100% favourite is Jameson Whiskey. I could drink a bottle in two nights. Bloody love the stuff. Someone once asked me if I wanted anything mixed in it. I said "Yes. More Jameson's!"

Bumberclart

Hate peaty Whiskey.
If you want a lovely single maly, you can get a lot worse than Highland Park. Not too pricey, but very smooth.

R

RB1992

I love a Drambuie shandy.
But my all time, 100% favourite is Jameson Whiskey. I could drink a bottle in two nights. Bloody love the stuff. Someone once asked me if I wanted anything mixed in it. I said "Yes. More Jameson's!"

ha ha! That's hilarious! Praise be to the Lord for that burst of wit!

Users who are viewing this thread